free neutering for staffys and other status dogs

5 posters

Go down

free neutering for staffys and other status dogs  Empty free neutering for staffys and other status dogs

Post by scott61985 Sat Sep 10 2011, 14:52

if you can make this a sticky.

foud this site where you email them yours dogs name,age,type,sex,vets and you get vouchers to get your dogs done for free

http://www.rainrescue.co.uk/Rain_Rescue/Welcome.html
scott61985
scott61985
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

free neutering for staffys and other status dogs  Empty Re: free neutering for staffys and other status dogs

Post by scott61985 Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:22

Guess nobody is bothered lol
scott61985
scott61985

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : blade and zena
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

free neutering for staffys and other status dogs  Empty Re: free neutering for staffys and other status dogs

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:43

I tried to look but could not find it I wil have another look later

Thanks for the post hopefully lots of people will take it up
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:45

Not a subject I personally think should be made 'sticky'. It has so many arguments for pros/cons. Breeding for the best of the breed/byb breeders.

I for one am for neutering, I hope others are too. So yes I like the idea, and agree, but it's choice and all we can do is educate about the state the breeds in and hope people will get the hint Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:53

I think it's a great idea in theory. We'll just have to see if people go for it. I'm definitely pro neutering / spaying if you dont plan to breed or show. It's a hot topic, some will approve of the idea, others won't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:54

I took a look as i want to have Cassie neutered asap and with my recently moving i simply can not offord it, You have to email them the admin etc at the top left corner of the page, Once i have my money sorted i plan on returning the favour with a donation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 21:59

MissRogue wrote:I took a look as i want to have Cassie neutered asap and with my recently moving i simply can not offord it, You have to email them the admin etc at the top left corner of the page, Once i have my money sorted i plan on returning the favour with a donation.

Thats a great idea. The more people that donate, the liklier it is that they'll be able to continue with what they're doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 22:08

shontelle wrote:
MissRogue wrote:I took a look as i want to have Cassie neutered asap and with my recently moving i simply can not offord it, You have to email them the admin etc at the top left corner of the page, Once i have my money sorted i plan on returning the favour with a donation.

Thats a great idea. The more people that donate, the liklier it is that they'll be able to continue with what they're doing.

Thats the thing i know i'll be sorted money wise in a few months so i could afford the surgery then but not as soon as Cassie ready, so to me it'll be more like a loan i will repay etc

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Sep 10 2011, 22:09

I think what the rescue is doing is fantastic people are dumping dogs when they havent got the money so this will be a great help Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 22:29

gem wrote:I think what the rescue is doing is fantastic people are dumping dogs when they havent got the money so this will be a great help Smile

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 23:06

Actually maybe i won't go any firther with them, they probabilly have limited fee's available so i'll leave it for someone who really needs it i think. It is a great idea though and i bet the more people who know about it though who have such problems will really benifit from it and their dogs will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 00:19

It's a great idea, and extremely useful for people with limited funds.

I don't think it should be made a 'sticky' though, as it would look as though the forum as a whole is pro-neutering. There are pros & cons & both should always be considered before neutering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:10

I don't get this site sometimes, We all love staffys and we all want to save them from what is happening to them and that does infact (unforntunatly) include pro-neutering and should be adviced to anyone who is not showing etc. (why KC will not allow you to show your dog when its been neutered is pathetic do they judge on size or something its ridiculous)
Of course agree upon the correct age etc but as a whole to save this breed neutering needs to be advised and done, especially thoughs people on here with alot of experience alot of people look upto you and take your opinions above all others.
I understand that neutering is not the only way to fix this problem of backyard breeding/accidental litters but it is a HUGE part of it.
The health benifits for our dogs to live long happy lives without the *risk* of seriouse health issues. Thousands of dogs live longer lives each year because they were neutered so they couldn't get illnesses like male and female genitalia cancers, mass uterus infections.
Neutering should be encouraged NOT forced upon but encouraged.
Alot of people say this and that (keep your female in for three weeks??? put them in kennels????) to prevent unwanted litters but at the end of the day it is not that simple and it never will be.

Call me a hipocrite because i did in fact have an accidental litter but the thought of my mistake costing the lives of those in kennels is sickening and i wish i was aware of this problem before hand then maybe i would of taken the risk of getting Cassie an abortion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:23

Why is a Staffy considered a "status dog?" That term is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 01:28

CatStina wrote:Why is a Staffy considered a "status dog?" That term is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Unfortunalty as a whole there are more owners of staffs as status dogs than there are owners like us lot.
So lately they have been known as a status dog, just like Rottweilers used to be alsatians and pitbulls

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Sep 11 2011, 10:19

funny how we still are stuck in a time were we still call staffys status dog...

one of the things we have to try and get away from. full stop..

i wonder wot the new status dog will be and how long it will be before staffs get ride of that name...

scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 13:28

MissRogue wrote:I don't get this site sometimes, We all love staffys and we all want to save them from what is happening to them and that does infact (unforntunatly) include pro-neutering and should be adviced to anyone who is not showing etc. (why KC will not allow you to show your dog when its been neutered is pathetic do they judge on size or something its ridiculous)
Of course agree upon the correct age etc but as a whole to save this breed neutering needs to be advised and done, especially thoughs people on here with alot of experience alot of people look upto you and take your opinions above all others.
I understand that neutering is not the only way to fix this problem of backyard breeding/accidental litters but it is a HUGE part of it.
The health benifits for our dogs to live long happy lives without the *risk* of seriouse health issues. Thousands of dogs live longer lives each year because they were neutered so they couldn't get illnesses like male and female genitalia cancers, mass uterus infections.
Neutering should be encouraged NOT forced upon but encouraged.
Alot of people say this and that (keep your female in for three weeks??? put them in kennels????) to prevent unwanted litters but at the end of the day it is not that simple and it never will be.

The debate about neutering is far too complex for any forum to say "You must neuter" or "You must not neuter". To put an item like that as a 'sticky' would sugest that the forum is 100% pro-neutering, which it isn't! This forum will give (I hope) a balanced set of opinions on neutering together with links to useful on line information - that's as much as we can do!

CatStina wrote:Why is a Staffy considered a "status dog?" That term is really rubbing me the wrong way.

scott wrote:funny how we still are stuck in a time were we still call staffys status dog...

one of the things we have to try and get away from. full stop..

i wonder wot the new status dog will be and how long it will be before staffs get ride of that name...

It isn't us who call them status dogs, it's the government/officialdom! But if the staff hadn't become the preferred dog of hooligans & low life, they'd never have coined the phrase in the first place!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 13:37

Caryll wrote:
MissRogue wrote:

The debate about neutering is far too complex for any forum to say "You must neuter" or "You must not neuter". To put an item like that as a 'sticky' would sugest that the forum is 100% pro-neutering, which it isn't! This forum will give (I hope) a balanced set of opinions on neutering together with links to useful on line information - that's as much as we can do!

Then edit this post, give the pros and cons, I'm not talking about everyone must change their minds and opinions or that it must say you must neuter, but encourage it not force it.
Having the link is useful enough and maybe even other links and information like you said but as a whole Neutering should be encouraged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11 2011, 13:43

The whole neutering debate has been covered many times here. There are too many links & different opinions to be able to put them on a 'sticky'. Putting a sticky link for free neutering would probably stop a lot of people from reading on to see if there are pros & cons, and if you put the link after the debate, people will probably never even see it!

Personally I would prefer that the debate is left 'open' for the occasional poster wanting to ask.

Obviously, if Steve felt it should be made sticky, I'd bow to his admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sun Sep 11 2011, 16:23

I just wrote a massive reply and lost it Sad So will try and remember what I posted originally.

I do think the neutering scheme is a good idea, but don't see why it should extend to just "status" dogs. I know there are a lot more staffies in kennels and so it will help to try and prevent this. I too though, don't like the term "status" dogs, I think it only reinforces the prejudisim Staffies receive.

The dogs trust scheme, extending to all breeds of dogs, giving vouchers for discounted neutering is far better in my opinion. I think if you become a dog owner and decide to have your dog neutered then £30 is affordable and well worth the money.

We will be having Tinkerbell neutered but only because I have seen my fair share of Mammary tumours and pyometras over the years working in the vets. So for us it is a health benefit as we have no intentions of breeding from her. And to be honest, as selfish as this may sound, I can't be arsed with the hassle of seasons lasting 3 weeks and it limiting where we can go and when with her.
But each to their own opinion and neutering should be a personal choice which should be well researched and thought through by individual owners.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down