No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy?

4 posters

Go down

No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy? Empty No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy?

Post by MarcoLondon Sun Mar 11 2012, 09:58

The puppy we are getting is through friends of friends.
They have both parents staying at home.
but these guys are not breeders, even though they love their dogs and you can tell by how clean and happy they are.

The dilemma I have (not really a dilemma but just some concern) is that they are KC registered and have no papers.
They ensured me both parents are pure staffy.
How can I be sure they really are? and therefore my little one is?
Do not get me wrong... it does not make any difference to me the pureness of the breed... I always got dogs from shelters... the concern derives by reading some posts where other members had issues with biting episodes or bad behavior related (in most cases) not only to lack of exercise and training.. but also to the parentage of the dogs.

I have a 3 year old daughter and are obviously aware that she will have to play carefully with the pup..... they are both so young and do not know what they do... but how can you impose a little girl to play on the floor with her puppy?
Anyway... my question is... Is there anyway that I can understand if parents are pure staffies and/or if my puppy is a cross?
Such as dimensions when is 8 weeks... or some somatic traits clearly belonging to Staffies only?

Let me know please..
It won't change our choice of course... but at least if we know her parents derive from some particular cross (say Jack Russel for instance) we know what to be careful with.

Thanks
MarcoLondon
MarcoLondon
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dog(s) Ages : 29th Jan 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

http://www.ultimateconditioningcoach.com

Back to top Go down

No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy? Empty Re: No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy?

Post by Steve Sun Mar 11 2012, 10:21

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/standardataglance.html

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/kennelclubbreedstandard.html

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy? Empty Re: No papers.... how can I see if she is a pure or X staffy?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 10:24

Without papers I'm afraid it's guess work. I would also not let your 3 year old play on the floor with a puppy. If you are on the ground with them they think there is a different set of rules. It's okay to let them play but I would stay away from the floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 10:41

No matter if your puppy is a cross breed or a pure staff u will still have to be carefull with pup around your 3 yr old. Pups have such sharp little teeth and untill u train it wont no its not suposed to use its mouth ie bite your little one. Its up 2 u as owners to teach pup whats right and wrong and until that stage has passed its probably not the best idea for your little one to play on floor with pup unless very strictly supervised

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 11 2012, 11:22

As above, without papers you will never know if its a x or not. Good luck Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoLondon Sun Mar 11 2012, 11:42

Many thanks...
I know about the floor thing... thanks to the forum :-)... so I will follow the rules.
I shall see some posts about teaching the pup not to nip from the beginning...

The hard part will be to agree with my wife a set of common rules to make sure our training is consistent and follows the same direction.....

Thanks again
MarcoLondon
MarcoLondon

Status Status :

Dog(s) Ages : 29th Jan 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

http://www.ultimateconditioningcoach.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 11 2012, 15:40

Yes it is very important all members of the household follow the same rules please be consistent with the training.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down