Square Dog Bed by Ruff and Tuff

5 posters

Go down

Square Dog Bed by Ruff and Tuff Empty Square Dog Bed by Ruff and Tuff

Post by maria0077 Mon Mar 05 2012, 08:02

Hi,
I would not like to somehow blame anybody here because Stella does love destroying her beds but when they say Ruff and Tuff and the description says "......These Ruff and Tuff beds are perfect for any boystrous dog. They are made from durable material that can be wiped clean and are tough enough to withstand biting and chewing......" I would have expected the bed would last at least a week or a month if I am lucky?
But I bought it on Saturday morning and it took Stella 5 minutes to have it ripped and the stuffing all over the place Straight Face
I probablt might have gone there to complain but I don't want to give Staffies a bad name I dont want to s Rolling Eyes Laughing

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/square-dog-bed-by-ruff-and-tuff-38621
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Square Dog Bed by Ruff and Tuff Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Square Dog Bed by Ruff and Tuff Empty Re: Square Dog Bed by Ruff and Tuff

Post by janey Mon Mar 05 2012, 09:12

Laughing nothing is Staffy proof I swear!! Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Mon Mar 05 2012, 10:07

Yeah I have started to understand that already Laughing Laughing No problem Cool
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06 2012, 01:38

Sad so annoying when you fork out the money cos you hope its going to work and then it doesn't!
I'd suggest old blankets and pillows from charity shops (don't pay big bucks for something that is going to be destroyed!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 06 2012, 10:57

We got Rocky one of the Ruff and Tuff toys. It lasted about 5 minutes, if that, before the stuffing started to come out. Wouldn't buy one again.

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/ruff-and-tuff-rugged-nylon-bone-dog-toy-56255
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Tue Mar 06 2012, 17:32

yeah we have that bone thing. Dora doesn't like it much.
I've found a few 'ruff and tuff' toys haven't been quite up to it!
we got one similar to this when Dora was smaller http://www.petsathome.com/shop/ruff-and-tuff-rope-and-rubber-large-bone-tug-47103 but the rubber part crumbled really easily
alexiastra
alexiastra

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maria0077 Tue Mar 06 2012, 20:25

I still have here what was left from the bed, just tidy up the stuffing time to time, Stella has it as a toy, she loves destuffing things... People warn me not to buy her any fancy beds any more but I can't help myself and keep trying Blushing
maria0077
maria0077

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyckd82 Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:07

i have to say on our last visit to pets at home i saw the new ruff & tuff range and thought finally something that will last with our staffs.....how wrong lol the huge thick rope toy lasted about 20 minutes, i have to agree with janey i dont think anything is staffy proof.
lucyckd82
lucyckd82
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Blake
Dog(s) Ages : 1 year
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:48

I have literally just bought kaos his first proper pet now off the market its just a big pillow type thing with a waterproof cover that zips on and off for £4.99. Up until now and he will be 2 in june, he has only had blankets and throws etc from car boots and charity shops beacuse of the chewing......and ripping.....and tearing lol. I got it on Tuesday and he has not so much as tasted it so im touching wood and keeping my fingers crossed for him so he can sleep in his crate in comfort - its only taken 2 years nearly lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:50

I just don't get it when people complain about this kinda stuff why do they never stop their dog from doing it??? I'v only had Maya three and half days and i have already stopped her from chewing anything but her toys, same my oldest all three of them don't chew their beds,my walls nothing except their toys.

but understandable they said this product would last so it should, so i would definatly complain and if you don't want to highlight the staffy then say you got a another breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 12:53

I would recommend a plastic bed with old blankets inside. This has lasted Suki for months. There are a couple of teeth marks but nowhere near destroyed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 13:00

MissRogue wrote:I just don't get it when people complain about this kinda stuff why do they never stop their dog from doing it??? I'v only had Maya three and half days and i have already stopped her from chewing anything but her toys, same my oldest all three of them don't chew their beds,my walls nothing except their toys.

but understandable they said this product would last so it should, so i would definatly complain and if you don't want to highlight the staffy then say you got a another breed.

Ok then miss rogue how would u stop a pup/dog from chewing its bed when left in its crate by its self for 2 hours.....?

Apart from the obvious stuff i mean like toys in with it excersise first etc etc lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 13:13

blaze wrote:
MissRogue wrote:I just don't get it when people complain about this kinda stuff why do they never stop their dog from doing it??? I'v only had Maya three and half days and i have already stopped her from chewing anything but her toys, same my oldest all three of them don't chew their beds,my walls nothing except their toys.

Ok then miss rogue how would u stop a pup/dog from chewing its bed when left in its crate by its self for 2 hours.....?

Apart from the obvious stuff i mean like toys in with it excersise first etc etc lol

experimenting, its not like you just put the pup in and leave, you put him in, you hang around somewhere else or even in the same room you experiment you set them up, you redirect them.
I'v never had this problem and neither has my family when growing up, it is one of the most simpliest things to sort out, but hey if your pup is teething and your stupid enough to leave it without correct chewing equipment then more fool you. not you personally "you" as in as whole mass of people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16 2012, 16:12

hmmmm well to be honest i tryed everything when kaos was little and up to about now he has always always ripped his bed apart, only his bed tho. I have had a million and one things in his crate all at once and a few and one at a time. Ive had cuddley toys for him to rip, even part of his last ripped bed, ive covered his beds with nasty tasting things....honestly name it and i tryed it.....nothing worked lol Apart from (touch wood again) lol getting older

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down