Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed......

+12
Cassiedog
stella
Dan
8pawprints
Kathy
2qk4u
billysgirl
janey
steve76
john and sonia
Steve
tillyann77
16 posters

Go down

Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Empty Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed......

Post by tillyann77 Sat Mar 03 2012, 15:55

Help, I have a 2yr old male who has started to put himself upstairs in his overnight bed, rather than stay with the family downstairs. Nothing has changed arround the house, no major furniture moves or anything like that. No new additions or recent losses.

Only thing thats changed recently is food, from Wainrights because he stopped eating it to Bakers complete which he seems to love, but have since read on here that its not the best....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

tillyann77
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster and Minnie
Dog(s) Ages : 3yrs and 10wks
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Empty Re: Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed......

Post by Steve Sat Mar 03 2012, 15:58

Hi & Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Icon_arrow Make a Donate to help us to keep us improving our forum and website.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Empty Re: Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed......

Post by john and sonia Sat Mar 03 2012, 15:59

Welcome from us and Leia Smile
Our other dog who is a lab cross often goes upstairs to her bed if we stay up watching a film or something and she's tired. You will get great advice here though Smile
john and sonia
john and sonia
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Help and Advise - 2yr male stb putting himself to bed...... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Leia
Dog(s) Ages : 12 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Sat Mar 03 2012, 16:12

hello and welcome from me the wife and marley

maybe he just likes peace and quiet where he can rest undisturbed.
does he seem ok in himself ?
steve76
steve76

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03 2012, 16:23

Hi & welcome.

If he's ok in himself, eating & drinking well then I wouldn't worry. He probably just wants some peace & quiet!

However, I'd get him off Bakers as soon as possible. It really is bad - full of additives & very low on meat content!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Mar 03 2012, 16:33

Hiya and welcome from me and Moo Smile

Moo takes herself off to bed sometimes, generally when I'm ignoring her! Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by billysgirl Sat Mar 03 2012, 17:14

Hiya and welcome to the forum wave

billysgirl

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by 2qk4u Sat Mar 03 2012, 17:48

Hi, just let him do as he wants for now, he might be low on energy eating the Bakers food, ive changed both of my dogs off Bakers and there is a big difference in them.
2qk4u
2qk4u
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sasha - Suki
Dog(s) Ages : 3 & 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Mar 03 2012, 19:09

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

As already said above Bakers is not the greatest food to feed your dog, please see the link for list of other dry foods.

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/dryfood.html
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by tillyann77 Sun Mar 04 2012, 06:11

Thank you all for your replies and the information supplied. I have taken note of what you have all said about bakers and am looking at the list now.

tillyann77

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster and Minnie
Dog(s) Ages : 3yrs and 10wks
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 09:03

HI and welcome from us and Suki.

Dogs need time to themselves as well

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Sun Mar 04 2012, 09:40

Welcome, have you had a regular bedtime with your dog in the past and changed it? They do like their routines. Agree with previous comments about food. Has your dog lost weight or is more lethargic, if so get a vet check. Maybe he doesn't like what's on telly Smile
8pawprints
8pawprints
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 5-6 yrs
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Mar 04 2012, 09:45

Hello and welcome aboard Smile
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 13:05

Hi and welcome from Tyson & me

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Mar 04 2012, 13:33

hia from me and sasha,long as he seems ok in himself he prob just wants a bit of time out Smile
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 16:34

Winston our younger dog ( a year next month ) sometimes gets up now from his bed in the lounge and will go and get in his crate in the other room at night.... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiedog Sun Mar 04 2012, 16:45

Hi,

Cassie does exactly the same, usually around 8 PM.
She can then sleep through till we get up the next morning at 06:30 with a quick trip outside just as we come to bed!

Never thought it might be the food we give her, she's on Burgess Superdog at the recommendation of the rescue we adopted her from.

I can't see that mentioned in the recommended list so might try and move her onto something else.

Rob
Cassiedog
Cassiedog
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Cassie & Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : Nearly 3 and just over a year
Dog Gender(s) : Female, male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 17:05

Hello from Billy and me, Billy often goes upstairs to bed I think it's when they just want to be alone and quiet
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 18:45

hi from me and woody - can i borrow your dog to teach woody how to do that????

Back to top Go down

Post by roxyrocket Sun Mar 04 2012, 19:50

Hi and welcome from Roxy and me wave
Roxy used to do this all the time when her bed was in the other room, now she sleeps on the sofa and I wish she would go to the other room as her snoring and grunting is soo loud!!
roxyrocket
roxyrocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 22:23

hello and welcome!
my family dogs hated being put to bed (they sleep outside in a pen/kennel) for a few years they just didn't want to go (wanted to be sleeping in the lounge with us) and we sometimes had to carry them. but now, if it is around bed time and someone gets up off the couch or wherever, both dogs bolt to the back door because they are ready for bed and just want to go and relax.

it could just be that he is ready for his big night sleep and wants to go up to bed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irene Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:14

Hello and Welcome from Zac and me Smile

Irene

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Zac
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by brophski Mon Mar 05 2012, 13:29

Kaos gets moody and sleeps on her own when I play battlefield 3, maybe its the explosions!
brophski
brophski

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4yrs
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 05 2012, 16:43

Try him on James Wellbeloved Smile My dog is pretty fussy and he eats it. I rotate the flavours every few months or so. My dog really likes chappie dry as well, when I couldn't afford his JWB for a period I used to mix it in. He loves Bakers meaty meals but I feed this for a treat not as a regular food.
My dog puts himself to bed as well, as soon as I get in from work, even though I know hes mostly slept all day! He's just lazy. Tongues
As long as hes had a walk that day no matter how long he's content to sleep the rest of the day.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Mar 05 2012, 17:26

We, that is my hubby and me get sent to bed sometimes by Rocky. He will literally herd us into the bedroom at about 9pm.

I will usually be in bed just after that time at night anyway as I would sit in bed and read. If we are not both in bed by 10pm Rocky will give us funny looks and go to the bedroom. If we don't follow he just keeps doing it. He has a bed in the lounge and will be in that until bedtime.

He will mostly get himself off to bed though. That being our bed in fact. He sleeps at the bottom of our bed and then gradually makes his way up the bed and under the covers early in the morning. We then have a cuddle Love Struck
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05 2012, 17:32

Hi and welcome from me, Millie and Bella. Millie my lab x is 4yrs and she will do that quite often, just take herself off to my room to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down