Strange aggression

Go down

Strange aggression  Empty Strange aggression

Post by s38n91 Thu Dec 02 2010, 13:18

My staffy loves most dogs but she will just start fights with others generally younger bouncier dogs I can't understand the behaviour as she is still bouncy herself but she also dislikes dogs placing there paws on her unless she is used to them any ideas
s38n91
s38n91
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : letty
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Strange aggression  Empty Re: Strange aggression

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 13:49

wow im looking at your avatar picture of your dog shes the exact same as my dog Katie. actually shes a dead ringer for her have a look,

Strange aggression  Workpics020

Strange aggression  Workpics063

Last edited by shane on Thu Dec 02 2010, 14:20; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 13:51

Is she bold & assertive? If she is, then she's a dominant bitch & she'll see other dogs' dominance as a threat that she has to deal with!

Dempsey is the same & although you can reduce it to an extent, it's something you may have to learn to live with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 14:27

if he's a high energy dog then they tend to gravitate to other high energy dogs which means things can get quickly out of hand, try and keep him calm when walking and spot his triggers and distract him if possible before his behaviour escalates into attacks or confrontation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 15:48

I think the pointer here is that she doesn't like other dogs to put their paws on her back - that is a sure sign of dominance.

Back to top Go down

Post by s38n91 Thu Dec 02 2010, 18:22

She will let a Labrador she has known since a pup do anything but any dog she doesn't know she has a spas attack lol she is a spitting image
s38n91
s38n91

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : letty
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 20:44

s38n91 wrote:She will let a Labrador she has known since a pup do anything but any dog she doesn't know she has a spas attack lol she is a spitting image

yeah shes a dead ringer for my Katie alright Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 02 2010, 21:28

shane wrote:
s38n91 wrote:She will let a Labrador she has known since a pup do anything but any dog she doesn't know she has a spas attack lol she is a spitting image

yeah shes a dead ringer for my Katie alright Laughing

any chance you could post a few pics of your dog in the staff bull terrier galleries, i cant get over how alike Katie and your dog are

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03 2010, 13:30

s38n91 wrote:My staffy loves most dogs but she will just start fights with others generally younger bouncier dogs I can't understand the behaviour as she is still bouncy herself but she also dislikes dogs placing there paws on her unless she is used to them any ideas

Placing a paw on another dogs back can be any number of thing, male do it when they want to mate, it can just be a sign of affection or it be dominance another dog trying to get higher than your so its the other dogs body language that needs looking at as well. the other dog may be wagging its tail but thats not always a sign a dog is happy. If it on puppy like bousterous dogs who do it to her she may just be putting them in their place, they don't want to be put in their place so it starts a fight but it isn't her job to be putting other their place thats yours as pack leader, but thats hard to do when she is offlead and it can happen so quickly if she is unsure about the playing from the start another dog will take it as weakness and could be trying to put her in her place telling her to calm down. does she misbehave in any other way, is she the crazy one when playing chasing the other one more she starts the direct contact in play?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down