This is why you don't talk to strangers

+4
Ben
Kathy
alexiastra
shakespearesdog
8 posters

Go down

This is why you don't talk to strangers Empty This is why you don't talk to strangers

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:03

I'm one of those people that can't walk past a dog without saying hello, no matter what type or breed. If its my favourite breed-a staffy-well then its a red letter day!
I stopped off at Iceland before I got my second bus home and walked past a staffy. It wiggled it's bum at me so I asked the owner (who had his back to me and was tying his shoe lace) if he was friendly to stroke.
'Yeh he'll only lick you.' he said.
I stroked the staffy, a leggy brindle boy and then was about to walk on when the stranger swung round and fixed me with a manic wall eyed stare.
''Ees going to be put down soon.' he said, motioning to the dog.
Oh my god! I thought I'll have to buy the poor staffy so this mad old man doesn't kill him!
'No?! Why?!' I exclaimed.
The blue eyed man had hardly any teeth and wore a filth sodden raincoat.
'Ee keeps killing cats.' he told me. 'Ees killed four now-I 'ad the RSPCA round my place last night and t'police. I asked them well why are them there 'aving a barbeque-' his voice descended into incoherent muttering.
'Well can't you keep him away from the cats and muzzle him?' I suggested desperately, now looking for a way out of the conversation.
The dog half closed his eyes as though he had heard it all before. A car alarm suddenly gave a screeching peal. The man swung round and swore loudly.
'Shut your bleedin' noise you effing b**tards! Its not nice for the neighbourhood!' He turned back to me for confirmation.
'Am I right or am I right?'
I shrugged, not wanting to commit myself to an answer. The man looked hard at me and changed tact. Stooping to pick up his plastic bags he told me;
'No one understands me. I'm from Yorkshire y'know. I used to be a junkie on the streets, but I quit that. Now i'm an alcoholic instead.'
He straightened up and flashed me a rapturous, gap toothed smile.
'I'm a p**s head and proud!' he howled.
I backed away slightly, too polite to flee.
'What's your name?' he slurred. 'My names Yorkie, short for yorkshireman. We should shake hands.'
He offered me a grubby fist covered in festering sores. I gingerly covered my hand with my sleeve and shook it.
'Yes well.' I began, trying to make my goodbyes.
'You're very sexy.' he said suddenly. 'You're very sexy but your too young for me, i'm fifty two.'
I bent down to pat the dogs head one last time.
'Bye now!' I said hurridly. ' Take care of your dog!'
I quickly walked away.
'You are very sexy!' he called after me.
Straight Face
Moral of the story: don't talk to strangers, even if they have a staffy! Laughing

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

This is why you don't talk to strangers Empty Re: This is why you don't talk to strangers

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:08

i've been told i'm strange. does that make me a stranger? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

This is why you don't talk to strangers Empty Re: This is why you don't talk to strangers

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:10

Well are you an old alcholic rofl?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:12

nope. and i even have all my teeth Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:20

OMG. What a nutter! Glad you got away unscathed (physically at least Tongues )!
Poor dog though, was he really going to get put down...?
alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
This is why you don't talk to strangers Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:25

Poor dog though, was he really going to get put down...?
I hope not. Sad He was in good condition considering the state the man was in, his collar was good quality too. I think (and hope) that the man was just drunk and exaggerating. Straight Face

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:26

sounds like mental illness may be an issue with the man you encountered. we have the same problem with mental illness related homelessness in the U.S. some places here have wonderful services for anyone who needs the help, but we can't make anyone accept the help. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:27

how's lil' Romeo?

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:31

how's lil' Romeo
Romeos great, thank you for asking. Smile Going to order him a new harness soon I think.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:34

There are some real characters out there you never know when you will meet one.

What kind of harness are you going for?
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:39

What kind of harness are you going for?
I've seen a white leather one I really like, he'll look like a late Elvis! Tongues He has the same one in black & brass but I think white & brass would be nice for the spring/summer. This is the chrome one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260969049692&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:15

That sounds like a paragraph out of a book lol

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 13:33

That sounds like a paragraph out of a book lol
I do write in my spare time but I assure you thats not one of my stories or what i'd consider story standard! Tongues

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 14:43

my god i live in yorkshire think i might move now Laughing he's not a very good add for any where or any animal really the poor dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 15:08

_julie_ wrote:my god i live in yorkshire think i might move now Laughing he's not a very good add for any where or any animal really the poor dog.
most likely not in the travel broucher rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Mar 01 2012, 15:12

Wow. That is a frightening story. Fits in with this month's avatar theme though. You should have snuck a pic. Tongues
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by *Karen* Thu Mar 01 2012, 19:26

Blimey I thought my area could be a bit rough lol! What a complete nutter!! I do hope is dog is ok though
*Karen*
*Karen*

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Thu Mar 01 2012, 19:57

Omg how scary! Hope the poor lad doesn't get put down! How's Romeo doing at home now? If u don't mind me asking x
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 21:03

How's Romeo doing at home now? If u don't mind me asking x
He's great, thanks. Dunno if you read my other thread, mother calmed down and stopped acting like the wife of the crazy man. Bought him two new beds, now he lazes the day away in fake fur comfort. Tongues
Wish I could have got the dog off him somehow, although I'd be worried about the safety of my cat if he's a cat killer. Not sure I could have another male here either with Mr angry Italian mafioso.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Thu Mar 01 2012, 21:14

ahh poor dog
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Thu Mar 01 2012, 21:20

Yeah i did Smile Awe good im pleased everythings calmed down! that sounds lush my dogs would love a furry bed they constantly try and lay on my faux fur coat lol. awe yeah i hope he doesn't get put down Sad i've never heard of a staffy cat killer before.
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Skullkandi Thu Mar 01 2012, 22:50

Erm...FLEE!
Skullkandi
Skullkandi

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 03:38

wow what an encounter for you! sounds like a top quality bloke (sarcasm noted)
hope he does look after his dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 10:40

You tell it all so very well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03 2012, 21:11

Ew yuck lol. Reminds me of an old guy that tried to talk to me on a class trip when i was like 11. The teacher was really angry and was about to smack him one cause he just wouldn't leave me alone and he was drunk as and all covered in poo eugh. The security guards had to take him away. Never seen my teacher so angry and it wasn't at me!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down