Gazagem
kathie450
mrsxg
Staffy lover
janey
Rob Jarvis
12 posters

Go down

Frenetic Random Activity Period or less technically known as frapping Empty Frenetic Random Activity Period or less technically known as frapping

Post by Rob Jarvis Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:08

Frenetic Random Activity Period, jeees it's quite fun to watch, and nothing to worry about. After bathing, almost all dogs of all ages will FRAP. We don’t know why, but it is utterly charming.
Rob Jarvis
Rob Jarvis
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 11

http://www.robjarvisphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Frenetic Random Activity Period or less technically known as frapping Empty Re: Frenetic Random Activity Period or less technically known as frapping

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:09

In the EBT world we call it Hucklebutting! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Frenetic Random Activity Period or less technically known as frapping Empty Re: Frenetic Random Activity Period or less technically known as frapping

Post by janey Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:09

Laughing
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:10

???????????? what is it , what do they do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:12

They go all bunched up, spin round in circles and/or run around the house, bouncing off the walls & furniture! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:16

what and other people's dogs have to take a bath to do that ??? Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:26

Laughing I make sure I sit on the other side of the room when they start. No way do I want to end up in the middle of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:29

davemck3834 wrote:what and other people's dogs have to take a bath to do that ??? Surprised

No, Dempsey doesn't wait for a bath - he just suddenly decides he's gonna go! Surprised nail biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Jarvis Mon Feb 20 2012, 23:34

It's mental, burst of energy, running up and down the hall, tail between their legs and seems to be the same route each time. They normally do it after a bath too
Rob Jarvis
Rob Jarvis

Status Status :

Male
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Support total : 11

http://www.robjarvisphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Feb 21 2012, 12:42

Laughing Pixee did that, after falling in the canal playing with two other dogs, lucky for us, we still had her on the long lead, cos she cant swim, can any of your staffys swim? A nice warm shower in the bath and then she did that funny thing Laughing
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 21 2012, 12:51

Got back from a loooong walk this morning & Dempsey crashed out on my armchair. Very comfortable he was, too.

He'd been there for about 10 minutes when all of a sudden his head shot up, his eyes were wide & staring. He flew off the armchair, pelted straight into the side of the sofa, bounced through the door & proceeded to charge around the house a full speed! After a couple of minutes he stopped, legs sort of splayed, eyes wide, mouth wide open & tongue hanging out!

He's now asleep again!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsxg Tue Feb 21 2012, 14:32

Thats 'Lolas mad staffy run' its very random. Sometimes as soon as off the lead for 5 mins Smile
She is funnny Big Grin
mrsxg
mrsxg

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 6yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 28

http://[url=http://pitapata.com][img]http://pdgf.pitapata.com/re

Back to top Go down

Post by kathie450 Tue Feb 21 2012, 18:18

Yep, Elwood has got that down to a T!! He goes mad for no particular reason, running around the house and bouncing off one sofa to another!! The OH is going to mount the TV to the wall at the weekend just in case Elwood runs into the TV stand!! Laughing
kathie450
kathie450
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Elwood
Dog(s) Ages : 3/3/11
Dog Gender(s) : naughty boy
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Tue Feb 21 2012, 18:28

Both mine have "mad half hours" doesnt matter if they have had a bath or not they just suddenly charge around the house or garden lol
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 22 2012, 14:08

Very descriptive words "frapping" and "Hucklebutting" Explains this perfectly. Caryll I can see Dempsey in my mind. You tell the story well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Wed Feb 22 2012, 14:54

LOL omg Diesel does this after each bath !

Shes fab in the bath, all chillout out and loving it - soon as i get her out I can barely get a towel on her befores she zooms down stairs and does about 5 laps on the house over any obstacle in her way !

She cracks me up, ears flying tounge out bum in the air with her tail wagging - its one big game, but does help her dry faster lol
Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampy Wed Feb 22 2012, 17:31

Charlie has been doing this for a past time lol lol
Vampy
Vampy
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 17wks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Fri Feb 24 2012, 10:18

Caryll wrote:They go all bunched up, spin round in circles and/or run around the house, bouncing off the walls & furniture! Laughing

Mine does this once we get in after every walk.

Gee

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsxg Fri Feb 24 2012, 15:23

Lola's got a thing for bouncing off the furniature when dad comes home from work Smile She's like a kangaroo!! All 4 paws off the floor Smile

They are something special Love Struck
mrsxg
mrsxg

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 6yrs
Support total : 28

http://[url=http://pitapata.com][img]http://pdgf.pitapata.com/re

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25 2012, 00:18

Suki does this for a good 20 minutes after her bath

Back to top Go down

Post by 8pawprints Sat Feb 25 2012, 01:33

All the dogs I have lived with have done this too after a bath. After their runabout, they rub themselves on the carpet, furniture or if outside on the lawn. I often wondered why? Could it be that we have removed their own scent with bathing them and they wish to restore it. A bit like your dog licking your legs when you get out of the shower, you probably smell different to them.
8pawprints
8pawprints

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 5-6 yrs
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav Sat Feb 25 2012, 18:41

Both my dogs do it at around 1900, thats when its most concentrated, but generally they both run round play fighting all day. When im around they are just warming up to it now:). I tell you whats funny tho see when you leave them alone like lock the door they both calmly get on the sofa and sleep. I tested it and left a window open while i went to the shop snook up to the living room window peeked in and they was just both sat watching the tv. Then i went in and that was it it was play time.

Gav
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Buster /Botha
Dog(s) Ages : 9 months /2 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male /male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Feb 26 2012, 19:41

All this just sounds like normal behaviour to me Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05 2012, 19:24

kenny does this too, i'll video him next time x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down