needing a brother or sister

Go down

needing a brother or sister Empty needing a brother or sister

Post by martinwhu Thu Nov 25 2010, 01:40

We have a 7 month old dog and are thinking about having another to keep him company, is it best to get another dog or a bitch, as i have heard 2 dogs will fight ???? as i have my dogs interest in mind, i only want the best for him, thanks, your opinion is appreciated.... Blushing
martinwhu
martinwhu
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Trigger
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

needing a brother or sister Empty Re: needing a brother or sister

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 10:13

you can get either but i wouldnt at the moment idealy you should either get them together so they grow up together or leave around two years inbetween them so the older dog has matured but will still be young at heart and tolirate a little pup running rould nipping and playing and also the older dog will teach the pup what and what not to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 10:14

As above - I would wait another year pr so before you think of getting another, and then get a bitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 10:23

Def get a bitch. 2 dogs or 2 bitches together is not a good idea. And yes, I'd agree too that you should wait a bit for your dog to mature a little before getting another, I'd wait til your dog is at least 18 months old. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 11:05

Well as you may have seen av just tried this.. well heard a story about the dog not been looked after properly just before we went to see him and ended up taking him anyway .. but when a got him home he was fine then my back was turned and as a typical male he wanted to mount my kuma ! not a chance so split them up after 3 hours of trying to stop it then have in .. as a had no idea of his upbringing it was best to rehome him with a family member who a knew has had and loves staffs he was 4 and mibi even getting is nuts chopped its not a dead cert he would stop the humping .. my advce would be if it was a boy you are after make sure you let them play about for a good few hours and keep a close eye on them, amwarming to the idea of having kuma dressed but not so sure as a would love a pup from her litter as her markings are rare Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 13:05

Although her markings are lovely they are not rare and her pups would almost certainly not have the same ones. She is most definatley a gorgeous staff but certainly not a good enough example to add any good quailtys to the breed as a whole Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 13:26

martinwhu wrote:We have a 7 month old dog and are thinking about having another to keep him company, is it best to get another dog or a bitch, as i have heard 2 dogs will fight ???? as i have my dogs interest in mind, i only want the best for him, thanks, your opinion is appreciated.... Blushing

yeah i would probably wait a while before you get another dog to keep him company, if you intend to get a female i would have her spayed, unless you tend to breed her, but beware, when you're bitch goes into heat you're other dog will go crazy to get a hold of her and there's no use locking him in another room as he will wreck the room to get at her, just something to bear in mind before you make you're decision,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 13:29

shane wrote:
martinwhu wrote:We have a 7 month old dog and are thinking about having another to keep him company, is it best to get another dog or a bitch, as i have heard 2 dogs will fight ???? as i have my dogs interest in mind, i only want the best for him, thanks, your opinion is appreciated.... Blushing

yeah i would probably wait a while before you get another dog to keep him company, if you intend to get a female i would have her spayed, unless you tend to breed her, but beware, when you're bitch goes into heat you're other dog will go crazy to get a hold of her and there's no use locking him in another room as he will wreck the room to get at her, just something to bear in mind before you make you're decision,

ye iv heard about them ripping holes in doors and biting holes in the plaster in flustration lol the little darlings Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 13:32

A reputable breeder told me story of how her bitch tore her metal crate to pieces when on heat to get to her entire male, she had to get the builders in to build kennels in the garden after that for when the bitch was on heat. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 25 2010, 13:44

thats the same as the breeder i got memphis off blaze he had a cabbin built at the bottem of the garden with lighting and heating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down