Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

5 posters

Go down

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Empty Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

Post by Gunningbury Thu Feb 02 2012, 19:05

Hi all just to let you know if you want to go camping with you staffie avoid a site called Eden Valley, near the Eden Project, formerly called Powderham camp site at all costs. I contacted them to enquire about going camping with my dog, staffie girl called Molly, and was asked the breed. As soon as I mentioned being a staffie the ladies attitude changed, the site advises they don't accept dangerous dogs (staffs aren't classed as dangerous dogs). I was told they had had issues and that I suppose I'm going to say my dog is fine! My dog is a family pet with 2 cat companions, 2 kids and regularly walks with dogs of all breeds shapes and sizes...
I did loose wy temper a little and called the lady ignorant, and reminded her that lots of other breeds are more likely to be aggressive than staffies, I was basically told to go away and that I was an irresponsible person for daring to own such a vicious dog... The thought of which makes me laugh as my dog snores loudly after chasing a kitten around the house...
Just thought I'd advise people of my experience of this site and the narrow minded attitude of some people.
Just for info the site advertises as a dog friendly site on the dog friendly website.
Thanks for reading.
Sarah and Molly.
Gunningbury
Gunningbury
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Empty Re: Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

Post by Andy Thu Feb 02 2012, 19:17

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Fool
Andy
Andy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Empty Re: Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02 2012, 22:12

What complete planks! I'm glad the campsite I use in Yorkshire has no such problem!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Feb 02 2012, 22:23

Mmmm seems to be getting kinda commen. What total knobs, thanks for the heads up.

Must be something in the water there as my sister lives there and assumes Moo will eat her children, shame on the prannets Sad
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Feb 03 2012, 20:05

Thanks for the heads up! Me and my 'bulldog cross' have a camping trip to plan!@! Cool
Now do I bring the spiked collar or the studded harness? How about the red contact lenses and devil horns!?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Feb 03 2012, 20:59

After reading some of the Terms and Conditions of these campsites they sound more like consentration camps, don't do this and don't do that. Don't make a noise after 9pm. Who do they think they are. You have paid to stay on their site you are a customer. Isn't the customer always right. Vote with your feet just avoid them. Wink

If I had a campsite you would all be most welcome to come and stay with your little friends. bounce playfull
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunningbury Fri Feb 03 2012, 21:43

Thank all for your kind words, you need like minded people sometimes. The permanent negative responses gets to me. I did stay at a site last year called hedley wood near bude and a couldn't say anything bad about them, whilst we were there there were at least 2 staffs and a dopey Doberman. The owner couldn't care less as long as you cleaned up after them.
Gunningbury
Gunningbury

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunningbury Fri Feb 03 2012, 21:44

Jade - I'd go for the spiked collar and devil horns with the red contacts, at least some people would get what they except then... Until your dog rolls over waiting for her belly tickled, if she's anything like mine.. Haha
Gunningbury
Gunningbury

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04 2012, 02:04

Sorry this is off topic but gunningbury I just noticed you come from Bury - thats my last name and my family (great great grandparents of something) actually come from near there (can't remember where) but our name apparently has nothing to do with the town... haha.

what muppets not allowing staffys to the campsite! surely they should allow you to give them references to call or something before they just be so prejudice against the breed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down