Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

2 posters

Go down

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Empty Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

Post by Gunningbury Thu Feb 02 2012, 19:03

Hi all just to let you know if you want to go camping with you staffie avoid a site called Eden Valley, near the Eden Project, formerly called Powderham camp site at all costs. I contacted them to enquire about going camping with my dog, staffie girl called Molly, and was asked the breed. As soon as I mentioned being a staffie the ladies attitude changed, the site advises they don't accept dangerous dogs (staffs aren't classed as dangerous dogs). I was told they had had issues and that I suppose I'm going to say my dog is fine! My dog is a family pet with 2 cat companions, 2 kids and regularly walks with dogs of all breeds shapes and sizes...
I did loose wy temper a little and called the lady ignorant, and reminded her that lots of other breeds are more likely to be aggressive than staffies, I was basically told to go away and that I was an irresponsible person for daring to own such a vicious dog... The thought of which makes me laugh as my dog snores loudly after chasing a kitten around the house...
Just thought I'd advise people of my experience of this site and the narrow minded attitude of some people.
Just for info the site advertises as a dog friendly site on the dog friendly website.
Thanks for reading.
Sarah and Molly.
Gunningbury
Gunningbury
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Empty Re: Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04 2012, 15:53

Their loss not yours, don't lose any sleep over it

Back to top Go down

Camping in Cornwall with my staffie Empty Re: Camping in Cornwall with my staffie

Post by Steve Sat Feb 04 2012, 16:58

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down