can you put on weight eating fruit and veg?

4 posters

Go down

can you put on weight eating fruit and veg? Empty can you put on weight eating fruit and veg?

Post by Steve Thu Feb 02 2012, 13:53

???

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

can you put on weight eating fruit and veg? Empty Re: can you put on weight eating fruit and veg?

Post by Dan Thu Feb 02 2012, 14:15

Depends how much sugar is in said fruit/vegetable and whether it has any carbs.
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

can you put on weight eating fruit and veg? Empty Re: can you put on weight eating fruit and veg?

Post by Steve Thu Feb 02 2012, 14:17

in the morning i been making an drink with 2 bannas, 2apples, 2 pears, 4/5 strawberrys, 5/6backberries, tomata watercrest and spinash

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Feb 02 2012, 14:32

What do you eat for the rest of the day?
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Feb 02 2012, 14:36

i try not to have anything till i have and pasta or rice, salnd and tuna or i will chopp up carrot, tomate, peppers, watercrest and spinash and have a drink.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Feb 02 2012, 15:03

Sounds like a diet you are on Steve. You are eating healthy so I can't fault what ya doing.
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Feb 02 2012, 15:52

i'm putting on weight doh

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Feb 02 2012, 15:56

Hmmmm doh

Have you considered seeing a dietitian?
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Feb 02 2012, 15:56

Don't think you'll put too much on with that diet. However, high quality protein might be important to add. I'd be worried about feeling a bit lethargic on that diet myself. What about adding a little protein powder to that shake to give you a little longer lasting energy? For the pasta and rice, I'd recommend whole grain as the others are pretty empty carbs.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Feb 02 2012, 16:00

Weight gain would be from the sugars and carbs. Try to lessen the sugar from fruit, increase proteins and decrease the refined carbs (white rice and pasta). You could eat more tuna and less carb, low fat protein shakes with fat free yogurt. And like Dann says, perhaps a consult would be important. Might be something else going on like thyroids.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02 2012, 16:19

bananas rice and pasta with all make you put on weight as will tatties
but there great if your training at the gym as it helps you develop muscle

i would stick with the shake in the morning and eat lean meat and veg for your tea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02 2012, 17:43

although it is natural sugar the fruit is still full of it. bananas also are the worst for it. you will never loose weight eating loads but its everything inmoderation even the good stuff. although you may not technicaly put weight on eating loads of fruit and veg you will on the other hand not take a lot off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02 2012, 20:34

I'm currently trying to lose weight too... I have a banana and yoghurt for breakfast, soup and an apple for lunch and I generally cook something quite healthy for dinner anyway. I have swapped using normal wheat pasta for corn or rice pasta as it doesn't leave with me that bloat feeling that pasta can do and it is contains less calories! But, your fruit drink of a morning sounds delish. But, like anything, any calories you intake, there needs to be a way of getting rid of them. When trying to lose weight, females should consume 1200 calories a day and males should be having 1500. Any more and it will be hard to burn any less and you won't have the energy Big Grin But, you sound like you have the right idea. Well done Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02 2012, 21:06

Weight gain or loss is all about how many calories you take in and how many calories you burn. If you go on a crash diet and drop your protein intake most of the weight loss will be muscle which will slow your metabolism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 02:52

Yup... lean red meat, fish, eggs etc. And it's also how you cook things. We cook chicken breast (skinless) either on a grill plate or on the BBQ with just a bit o seasoning. Same with fish: We usually just put a couple of lemon wedges in with them, salt and pepper and some herbs and wrap in foil. Try not to fry and if you have to use the smallest amount of oil that you can get away with. I am learning! It's such hard work and I am super aware of EVERYTHING I am consuming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03 2012, 10:20

The sugars do something weird when you put them in a shake, which i assume you put milk in? Id stick to something like porridge (60g) or high fibre cereal, or boiled eggs and one slice of brown bread. banana is very high in sugar as are berries. It would be better if you were eating all that other fruit instead of drinking it.

Back to top Go down

Post by acidrane13 Fri Feb 03 2012, 12:38

also it depends on the amount and kind of exercise your doing.

if your eating that much sugar and stacking up on carbs in the evening, and doing weights, your gunna put on weight, you'll build muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat.

if your eating that diet and want to lose weight, like said before you need to be burning more calories than your eating. so exercises like jogging, small weights with higher reps, any kind of sport really.

it depends what your trying to achieve, if your trying to lose weight, tone up, build muscle or just improve your general health?
acidrane13
acidrane13
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
can you put on weight eating fruit and veg? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Chase
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down