janey
Kathy
Summerisle
linzy
Taryn
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

how much did you pay for your dog? - Page 2 Empty how much did you pay for your dog?

Post by Taryn Mon Jan 30 2012, 09:53

First topic message reminder :

I have just been watching a documentary about dogs in the UK, followed by one about dogs in the USA. and the prices that these people pay for their dogs seems so.... tiny, compared to what you need to pay to have an animal here in finland. I know in my home country that it cost 200$ to adopt a dog from our local shelter, no idea about anywhere else in Australia. but here in Finland it will rip holes in your pocket to buy a dog.
Romeo cost me... for just him, not his registration, not his vaccinations or chipping, kennel club fees ect, for just him he cost 1500€. i dont regret it at all. his breeder is a wonderful woman and we signed a great contract, she screened me REALLY well before allowing me to have a puppy. but what about you guys. what does it cost in your country to get a staffie?
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

how much did you pay for your dog? - Page 2 Empty Re: how much did you pay for your dog?

Post by cor90 Sat Feb 04 2012, 03:38

sunny my pure bred staff was 450 euro, chipped ikc registered all papers also.family tree given with the dog also.and any help i need with my dog the breeder will always help me out hes very good at wat he does cares about the dogs not just in it for the money

cor90
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : sunny (santino)
Dog Gender(s) : male dog
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

how much did you pay for your dog? - Page 2 Empty Re: how much did you pay for your dog?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04 2012, 10:08

My Holly was $650 aud . She was breed by a client of mine ( nail client) . Both parents have papers but I didn't request any. She was only ever going to be a pet. I was lucky enough to visit her a few times before we picked her up at 9 weeks...just in time to jump into Santa Claus sack and be delivered Xmas eve.
Which was a long bloody night trying to keep a new puppy quiet lol

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulnewowner Sat Feb 04 2012, 22:06

Registered on here just before we got Jess last year! We only went to our local RSPCA in Liverpool to have a look so to speak and I told my partner Gemma that if we were to take interest in getting a dog there would be no way we'd get a staffy! But when we got there we had a good look around and although there were some really lovely dogs in there Jess just stood out! All the other dogs were barking and yapping their heads off and Jess was just sat there in her dog bed quiet as anything I gave Gemma a nudge and told her to have a look she called Jess over and she slowly looking sorry for herself walked over to the cage door and started wagging her tail and that was it we had to meet her! She'd only been found the night before was chipped and a message had been left on her owners answering machine! We went home and had a talk about getting her if we could so we went back the next day and put down a reserve fee for her (£30 i think it was charge of £90 altogether) and then had to wait till the following week to see if the owners come forward! Luckily they didn't and we got her and haven't looked back since! But has cost us about £700 in vet fees due to problems like having a growth removed off her paw incase it was cancerious, dermatitus in her ear and last week she got one of her claws caught and it ripped off so the poor thing had probably her 15th visit to the vet since we got her! Thank god for pet insurance I say!
hopefulnewowner
hopefulnewowner
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jess
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05 2012, 04:52

I bet Jess was happy the day you went to the RSPCA and found her too..sounds like she has landed on her paws! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05 2012, 09:15

Pado wrote:Frank was all of $80 USD ... $15 adoption fee, $50 Neuter Fee and $15 for his chip - Comes out to about £50. Hey, he was on sale Big Grin

He was in a very small shelter up in the back hills and had been there for almost a month - His advert on the petfinders website was "Running out of time". He was a young woman's dog who moved back in with her mother with her new born infant. The mother didn't want a dog in her house so brought Frank to a vet clinic and said she found him. The young woman came looking for him when she found out but he had been sent to the animal shelter. When she inquired at the shelter they told her she had to pay all his care and bills etc. She didn't have the money and said her boyfriend had paid a small fortune for him as he was a rare "MINI PITBULL" and she demanded him back. The officer told us there was no such thing as a Mini Pit and there was no way in hell he was handing him over to her and from their conversation and his experience said she was the type of person who shouldn't own a pitbull and he would in his opinion end up back at the shelter.

Frank was listed for adoption as a Pug Cross. When we inquired on him we were told he was in fact probably crossed with a Pitt ( I remember thinking, I hope the Mom was the Pitt ). He was such a cool dude we adopted him.

We later found out from watching the Crufts dog show he might be part Staffordshire Bull Terrier ( a breed we had never heard of) - the dog we saw on the show was a dead ringer for Frank so we figured he must be part.

While traveling with Frank one day we stopped at a Gas Station - we opened the back hatch to the Jeep as we were pumping gas so Frank could get some air.... an attendant came over and asked if that was a Stafford, we said we suspected he might be part - and said that the manager of the station was a retired Stafford breeder ... the guy went off to get him.

An elderly English gentleman appeared and was very surprised to see Frank and hear his story - he said he bred Staffords for 30 years but had since retired but still kept them - He told us SBT are not very well known in the US and he was surprised we found him in the shelter. The entire time we talked he was working Frank over. He said, just so you know you found a gem here and the best dog you'll ever own - this isn't a cross its a full Stafford. He went on to tell us that some very unscrupulous people are breeding SBT's and selling them at outrageous prices as Mini Pit Bulls. To say the least we were Gob'smacked.

what a great story!! I'm glad Frank is in your hands now and not back with the girl who didn't even know what breed he was when she bought him from a breeder! mini pit! pfft!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05 2012, 09:50

some lovely stories here Smile Bella was £250, no papers no jabs. Millie was free. She was a friends dog's pup, last of the litter and the smallest

Back to top Go down

Post by IndiePrincess Sun Feb 05 2012, 10:07

for mine i paid

Max the dobermann: £80 rehome fee to the rspca, £20 of which was returned by the lady who overlooked the adoption which was lovely of her. This included neutering and his vet bills and help towards vet bills for his skin condition after we adopted him.

Sammy: nothing, i refused to pay for him and refused to leave him in the state he was in, so we agreed i could just take him with his previous owner. He wanted £100. £130 i had to pay at the vets 2 days after i got him.

George: nothing

Buster: £35. We got him of a website where someone wanted 'rid asap'. his picture caught my eye, i looked at the map and saw the woman lived round the corner, went for a look and yeah Smile
IndiePrincess
IndiePrincess
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Max, Sammy, Buster, George
Dog Gender(s) : All male.
Support total : 3

https://www.facebook.com/SazBarton

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05 2012, 10:18

Well, we paid $975 AUD for Vlad, but that was the same for all the puppies; male or female. As I have said over and over again in different posts... Lee and I have nothing but the largest respect for the breeders of our Vlad! I wish they were all the same!

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Feb 05 2012, 19:22

We paid 200 pounds for milly.Her 3 siblings where males and he wanted 170 pounds for them.We asked why it was 30 pounds more for milly and he told us with her being female we could have made money off her from breeding her.He was so wrong we had her spayed at 6 months we wanted her has a family pet not has a breeding machine.We sent him pics off her after we had her spayed to prove she easnt going to be a money making machine
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06 2012, 01:58

Good for you!! thumbs up

I bet Milly is so glad you picked her as your doggie!

Back to top Go down

Post by welshowen Mon Feb 06 2012, 13:51

I paid the local dogs home £95 for Lola, which is a flat fee for any dog you adopt from there. In that price is free spaying/castration, micro chipping and 1st vaccine.

Taking her back in two weeks for the op.
welshowen
welshowen
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Feb 06 2012, 14:11

We paid £100 for Pixee to the blue cross. Worth every penny. Love Struck
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye86 Tue Feb 07 2012, 07:10

£250 for Skye, 5 gen KC papers, and she's from Crashkon and Valglo lines! Last of litter though but I thought she was a bargain Smile
Skye86
Skye86
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 12/5/2011
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pado Tue Feb 07 2012, 18:58

Last edited by Pado on Sat Mar 03 2012, 03:28; edited 1 time in total

Pado
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
how much did you pay for your dog? - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dog Gender(s) :
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Feb 07 2012, 19:19

mini pit. gah some people are retarded. its so nice to hear how so many beautiful staffs have been saved Smile Love Struck
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Thu Feb 09 2012, 21:21

Its really sad when you look at pups and dogs on the internet here in england when you go on sites such as gum tree or preloved people just say free to a good home which ok in fairness if you can't look after your dog then its good to give it to someone that can but also with that anyone can get their hands on a dog and thats not fair.

I think if people pay real money to buy a dog that means that they can afford everything he/she needs and also will take care of the dog properly!

The most horrific thing ive ever seen is on a website "swap staff for xbox" no lie how can anyone be so heartless?
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum