I got an hours walk

2 posters

Go down

I got an hours walk Empty I got an hours walk

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:38

well it took me an hour but i managed to walk each dog. took lemmy to the feild and let him off to have a run. we played hide and seek. i waited till he wasnt looking then hid behind a tree he likes running to find me. did that a few times. he had a sniff about and some much needed one to one attention i think. he even plays chase. he stops and you creep up to him then he runs and keeps checking where you are if he gets too far infront he waits and you have to creep up to him again. he came home all happy.

took lottie and we walked round the park. talked to a lady and lottie sat nice for me. said hello to a couple of dogs as we past. walked round the fish pond and down to the reservoir to feed the ducks then home.

2 happy dogs now asleep. the only thing i will say about this trip is it is bloody cold out there. the grass was cracking under foot its so icy. my fingers are freezing so a nice cuppa to help warm my hands and last nights coronation street is order.

I usualy take them one a t a time a few times a day but thats mainly just for the toilet break I usualy rope one of the others in with me for the big main run but no one available today and trust it to be a day when they know they always go to the park so they were bouncing off the walls.

Last edited by _julie_ on Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:41; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

I got an hours walk Empty Re: I got an hours walk

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:40

Well done! You deserve a cuppa! Put those feet up!

Back to top Go down

Post by woolfie Sat Jan 14 2012, 11:58

handling two excited dogs at once isn't easy, hats off to you. i tried to take Zulu and Pepe out together a few times but as we get to the end of our road Pepe turns right along his usual route but Zulu won't have any of it and throws out the anchor lol. i've walked them seperately since and found out that Zulu refuses to turn right at the end of the road. i think its because the wind is in his face along that route, but if we go the other way its alot more calm and sheltered from the worst of the wind. enjoy your 'feet-up-time' now, you deserve it Smile

Last edited by woolfie on Sat Jan 14 2012, 12:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing skills non-existant!)

woolfie
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zulu
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 12:29

Well done Julie It's freezing out there
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 12:58

woolfie wrote:handling two excited dogs at once isn't easy, hats off to you.Smile

oooh god no dont thiunk my back would take the strain of them both at once. took them seperately thats why it took me an hour. it gave them a bit of one to one time too which they both apreciate.

i am recovering from a load of treatment for a herniated disc thats why i do the short walks for toilet breaks and only go on longer walks when there is someone with me. pete drives us to the park etc and back so i dont have to walk too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:47

Jeez Julie, I know what two can do for a back. You cant take a chance. But I am sure they enjoyed their one on one time with you. So glad it is warm here

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 14 2012, 16:55

We've just got back from taking Rocky for his afternoon walk. It is very cold out there, luckily have a nice warm Rab jacket to snuggle up in. It looks like another frost tonight so be careful out there in the morning.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 20:46

i have learnt my limitations with my back now i dont ever want to go through the last few years again so i deffinately will not be doing ANY walks in the ice. I could not guarentee holding myself upright never mind holding onto a lead and actualy keeping the dog at the same time Surprised

it started with back ache 9 years ago. It took endless xrays and physio untill finaly 2 years later an MRI diagnosed a herniated disc (slipped disc). Crying or Very sad I was told the disc would eventauly disintegrate and that the 2 vertabae would close together and then fuse into one big one but that could take a while. I had epidural injections for the pain and to keep me moving and they lasted about a year and half before i needed another. 3 years ago they stopped working and so I was back on the funny pills untill something else was sorted. By funny pills I mean diazapan among other strong funky ones that either sent me to sleep or left me as high as a kite. I couldnt function on those and so had to stop work (hense gemma still being at home and not working cos i needed a baby sitter Laughing ) I was also in a wheel chair. finaly almost a year ago I had another form of treatment for the pain. electro something or other cant remember exactly. smallish tubes were inserted in 23 places around the affected area deep in my back so they would be at the nerve endings than electrodes were put in them and the nerve endings killed by electric for which i had to be grounded as well Laughing not pleasent and will never have that again. but i am now functioning again and feel very little pain and can now walk one dog at a time but if they start to get too giddy or pull i have to come home. thats why i never do long walks without someone with me cos then they can take one dog while i have the other but cant ake over both if needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 14 2012, 21:04

Wow julie we have quite a bit in common I too have a back problem. I had an MRI a few years ago which showed a grossly degenerated disc. I have had several courses of physio treatment which give some relieve for a time then back to terrible pain again. Mine is in the lower back.

Same medication Diazepam, TENS machine (which is good) Tramadol & Paracetamol, then stuff to help with sleep it goes on and on.

Have you tried a TENS machine they are worth their weight in gold ? Where is your back pain, which area, at what level is the disc herniation?
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 21:11

have tried the tens and didnt like it. my disc is L5/S1lower back by the tail bone. I havent been to bed for 2 years cos i cant lie down but thats the worst of it these days. Lemmy loves it that i dont go to bed on these cold nights. he cuddles up with lottie but if he still feels cold he jumps on the settee and gets under my blankets and cuddles up with me for the night. Lottie just enjoys the fact that she isnt on her own at night.

Have you tried the epidurals theyre great and you need no more treatment or pills while it is effective. hurts like hell to have it but it last a year and half and only takes baout 10 minutes. cortisone/steroid epidural.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jan 14 2012, 21:25

The injections would not be any good for me one sight of sharpie and I would be on the floor. Have been with it for about 7 years now. My hubby has been a sports therapist so knows how to treat it. We do use the ultrasound on it which also works for a period of time. My is in about the same area as you too.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 21:32

i dont do needles but between my back and the dentist i have learnt not to look. i cant see the ones that go into my back so thats a bonus and i always ask for sedation so get some oralmorph which sends me loopy so i dont care for half and hour Laughing plus if your in hospital and the pain is bad ask them to get you a entinox bottle. the gas and air bottles. fantastic love that stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 22:14

Gas and air and epidural sounds like giving birth. Laughing I get a bit of pain in my lower back but nothing like you two, it must be agony my heart goes out to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 14 2012, 22:17

lynne wrote:Gas and air and epidural sounds like giving birth. Laughing

i had both my kids with no pain releif but like you say it sounds like child birth and after experiencing the effect of the stuff i wish i'd had it at the time Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down