Leaving Violet when going on holiday :(

+4
Scubasteve
martinwhu
Ben
linzy
8 posters

Go down

Leaving Violet when going on holiday :( Empty Leaving Violet when going on holiday :(

Post by linzy Sat Jan 07 2012, 01:23

So, next week I'm going away for just over a week, and leaving poor wee Violet behind. She was supposed to stay with my dad (her super-favourite person), but he has since hurt his back to the extent that he's off work, so she can't really go there, and instead, she is staying home with RJ. I am WORRIED. What are your experiences of leaving your dogs behind when you go away? Did they go into a huff? I remember boy in college who's dog would be so excited to see him coming home from holidays, but then remember he was in a huff with him, and go into a sulk for days Sad Am I worrying over nothing? I dont want to s
linzy
linzy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Leaving Violet when going on holiday :( Empty Re: Leaving Violet when going on holiday :(

Post by Ben Sat Jan 07 2012, 02:39

She will be fine. She may be put out with you but she may be fine too. Regardless, she will soon forget and be back to her normal self in a jiffy. I don't like leaving them either but sometimes it is just going to happen.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Leaving Violet when going on holiday :( Empty Re: Leaving Violet when going on holiday :(

Post by martinwhu Sat Jan 07 2012, 04:47

We have got this worry to, going away ourself soon and my partner would sooner leave me here and take trigger !!
martinwhu
martinwhu
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Trigger
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Jan 07 2012, 08:36

I'm sure she will be fine. She propably will miss you but she will be ok as she is being left in her home environmnet. As long as her routine is still kept the same with walks etc then she should be fine. And just think all those cuddles you will get when you return will be worth it Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 16:37

I left Ty for Three days and he was fine. Perhaps did give me a bit of a cold shoulder. I had a friend stay over with him. Need to go away again in April for 4 days.

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Sat Jan 07 2012, 17:02

Only once left my dogs ,rang my father in law every day to check on them and came home early ,never left them again ,bought a cheap place in france and my babys come with me !
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Leaving Violet when going on holiday :( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 17:08

My problems have all just been solved Smile been frantic over summer hols and looking at taking Tilly with us to France or somewhere , but this is fraught with problems, our alternative was kennels and this was not an alternative. My good old reliable Brother in Law has now promised they will look after her for the 2 weeks on the farm they have just bought , Tilly couldn't wish for a better holiday for herself, we've now just got to teach her to lie in her own bed instead of ours when she's told Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07 2012, 17:32

They do sulk, Billy did and we left him for 3 weeks last year, but they come round and no harm has been done to them she will be fine
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Jan 07 2012, 19:01

Never left Moo, sure things will be fine Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Sat Jan 07 2012, 22:08

davemck3834 wrote:My problems have all just been solved Smile been frantic over summer hols and looking at taking Tilly with us to France or somewhere , but this is fraught with problems, our alternative was kennels and this was not an alternative. My good old reliable Brother in Law has now promised they will look after her for the 2 weeks on the farm they have just bought , Tilly couldn't wish for a better holiday for herself, we've now just got to teach her to lie in her own bed instead of ours when she's told Sad

I was the same as you - thinking that going to stay with my dad would be a dream holiday for Violet! Hopefully she won't be in too big a strop when I get back, but the guilty feeling is definitely putting me off going away again Sad
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Sat Jan 07 2012, 22:48

I feel for you I'm taking Ledger to stay with his nan and pop tomorrow as I have a training course for the next three weeks luckily I'm back on weekends but I feel so guilty about going (can't be helped as recent cuts mean there are no courses within driving distance) as I am also away with work for a week on Feb and for two weeks in March for a holiday I booked before I adopted him.

I am so lucky having family that are happy to take him in but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty especially with how excited he gets when I just come home from a day at work
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Vish Mon Jan 09 2012, 07:39

We're also going away soon for a week... wonder if they will miss us...

no talking
Vish
Vish
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter & Zoƫ
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down