Big Problem

3 posters

Go down

Big Problem Empty Big Problem

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 00:52

And the wrong decission can get a staffy killed.

I was leaving mine a few weeks back around 8pm with my three, As i turned the corner by my building i heard nails running on the conrete, turned around and my neighbours staff (red huge) dove on Taz and was trying to tear him up, Taz was just trying to get away or run and hide back in the building, I was completly helpless i had the girls with me they were screaming and trying to help Taz.
The dogs owner came and got his dog off Taz, apologized etc.
I took Taz in and checked him over no blood no marks no nothing, he was just soaked in drool.
I thought hey you know what no injuries one time thing, cause the guy seemed alright.
Well yesterday with my lot, I shut the building door on my way out, saw this flash of red and Taz was again fighting to get away from this dog I left go of his lead went back inside to put the girls in the building so i could help, but then all of a sudden all of these guys mates came out of his flat so i couldn't let the girls go, The owner grabbed his dog picked him up but he still had ahold of Taz by the neck so Taz got picked up as well, The staff dropped Taz and Taz came running back to me in the building, I went to pick him up to chuck him over the railings onto the stairs where the other dog couldn't get him, but just as i had him the other dog grabbed ahold of him and slammed him into the wall, the guy started kicking * into his dog (idiot just making him more angry) and it showed cause he bit his owner, I grabbed Taz by the scruff and kicked/held the other dog by the neck against the wall with my boot, then the owner grabbed him, fell over trying to hold him back, then three of his mates also had to pin the dog.
I got my lot in, locked the girls away so i could check Taz over, they started screaming not wanting to be without Taz and he was trying to get into the room with them, but again no wounds what so ever, not even a little hair lose, no scrapes just soaked in slobber.
My question what should i do, Taz is now scared of going any where near the car park where it happened the twice, The guy never has his dog on the lead, lets him wander the street, what if it was a child with their dog an elderly person? He got to get control of this dog of his, or he is going to get it killed, Should i report it, if i do he could get Troy (the dog) taken away from him and he's not going to be rehomed either what rescue would risk it.
I could be the death sentence of Troy if i report it, but that achs,but if it happens to someone else that sucks too. I just don't know what to do. So paranoid looking out the windows and shouting the dogs name around the front to see if he comes where i could shut him out if he was.
Is he harmless? Not one scratch on Taz and Troy was ripping him to pieces it looked as if teeth blunt maybe?
I think the only thing that has saved Taz's life is the fact that he is a mutt, his fur is extremely thick and long unlike another staffies, so all troy could get ahold of was fur maybe.
I don't know how to go about this, been thinking about posting him one of my dog leads dropping hints you know but i was speaking to a mate another neighbour and what he said was the owner loves how he's got such a tough dog...

Other than that all is well, hope ya'll had a fabulous christmas/new year.

Back to top Go down

Big Problem Empty Re: Big Problem

Post by Ben Wed Jan 04 2012, 01:22

Oh my gosh! I would tell the guy that if I see his dog off lead I'm reporting the attacks. Unless he is a total dunce, he will know what would happen to his dog. Not sure that I would wait until another attack though tbh (any sign of that dog off lead, I'd report the attacks flat). What if you can't get Troy off? What if he bites you? What a terrible situation to be in. So sorry for Taz...
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 02:36

I want to give him a warning yes before i report it to anyone, but the kinda problems that can come off that are sky high, lately a staffy only has to look at someone the wrong way and its destroyed, I don't want that to happen, but if something isn't done i know it'll either be another dog or the staff that gets killed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 03:20

You could try talking to him and express you're concerns for the safety of all involved as well as the effect negative media has had on the breed. It may help it may not. Given that he has a reputation for being proud of his tough dog it may not work.

If the talk doesn't work and you or someone else reports him he is more likely to blame you. I understand you're concerns over the other dog as well. A very tough decision.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Jan 04 2012, 08:00

It is a tough decision, but in my honest opinion it is one in which I would feel obliged to report it. Yes the dog will be taken from him, but not necessarily given a death sentence. The thing that would make me report this, is like you said what happens if he were to attack someone or someone's dog that isn't capable of holding their own with him. To be honest I think hearing about an attack you could have prevented by reporting him would make you feel worse than having his dog taken off him.
It sounds to me like he wouldn't really listen to you. Yes he apologised the first time, but you say he likes having a tough dog so will propably take the advice the wrong way.
Something needs to be done to prevent this happening againa and in my opinion, others may not agree with me, he needs to be reported. Would you feel so hesitiant reporting him if it was any other breed of dog? The reputation of a staff doesn't really come into it, but the safety of others is paramount!

Really hope you are all ok. Sounds awful to have this happen once, let alone twice. Hope Taz is ok emotionally and get's over his ordeal!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 09:40

What an awful thing for you to have gone through and twice at that. I also do not envy your position on this at all. I would be inclined to attempt to approach the owner in a reasonable manner without threats. If he is not reasonable then I think the good of the general public must prevail.

Here we have by-laws which make it manadatory to have your dog leashed or under total control when in public places.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04 2012, 10:30

Claire, I'm sorry but you have to report it. Maybe no physical harm was done, but psychological harm has certainly been done. But what if a child got in the way? What then if the dog accidentally bit that child?

The owner is beyond irresponsible, and deserves to lose the dog. If that means that the dog is pts, although it's really tragic, then that is what will have to happen.

It's possible that if the dog is only da then it could be rehomed to someone who knows how to handle a da dog. That would be my hope, anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Jan 04 2012, 11:23

I completely agree with Caryll. This is exactly what I was trying to say in a round about way!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Wed Jan 04 2012, 11:33

It hasn't just happened once you have to report it the dog is dangerously out of control due to the irresponsibility of the owner.

You shouldn't have to be on edge every time you need to walk your dogs and what happens when the dog attacks again either he may cause damage to one of yours or a weaker innocent dog or he will pick on the wrong dog that may cause him serious damage defending himself or his owner
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05 2012, 02:27

I know all the pro's and con's and both sides of the argument makes my stomach turn, I'll talk to the guy, if that doesn't work and i don't start seeing a muzzle or lead on the dog then...ill have to report it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down