Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : (

2 posters

Go down

Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : ( Empty Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : (

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:08

So I just got him from bed, put him on the floor and when he walked he started limping. When he sits or is standing up still his paw is left up from the floor. Not even sure how he might have hurt it as I know for sure he hasn't done it out on his walk, and there's no way unless during play time in the house, he's done it :s I've applied pressure with my hands from his shoulder all the way down to the tips of his paw, and he's not yelping or anything ??

Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : ( B2f5619e

Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : ( F4500ba2

confused

Back to top Go down

Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : ( Empty Re: Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : (

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:11

I'm wondering maybe he has slept awkward ? Just noticed a few steps he's taken he's not limping ... then a few steps more, he is limping.

Back to top Go down

Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : ( Empty Re: Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : (

Post by Allison Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:15

Could it just be the way he has been sleeping hun and you know yourself sometimes you get a bit of a dead leg/foot/pins and needles. I would keep an eye on him hun and not let him jump around or take him for a walk if you have a crate then you could crate rest him and if he isnt weight bearing on his leg in a couple of hours then maybe ring the vets hun.

Poor baby hope he is ok in a little while hun xx
Allison
Allison
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Not sure Monty is having a lazy day, he is limping : ( Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Duke and Dhaysi
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:18

Allison wrote:Could it just be the way he has been sleeping hun and you know yourself sometimes you get a bit of a dead leg/foot/pins and needles.

This is what I'm hoping. He's just drinking his water, and is standing on all four paws. His mood hasn't changed, I just gave him a treat and he went wild for it, which is normal behavior when I get his treats out !

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:19

Yeah sounds like thats what it is hun - they do make you worry tho and more so that he is only 4 months old
Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:33

I hope you're right! All he wants to do today is sleep, I'm hoping that's not a bad sign of anything. But like I say, if I want to play or give him a treat, he reacts as normal ... I wish they could talk god damit lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:41

Could've bruised a pad, which will stiffen when he's beed still for a while. Just keep an eye on it & make sure it doesn't get worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 13:49

Thanks Caryll, I hope it's just that. Looks like I'm indoors today lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:02

They go so mad at times. They get loads of little bumps & bruises.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:04

He seems to be wanting to run a lot on his walks too, I just thought. When he's on the lead, he's like a baby lamb sometimes, running to escape the medow .. could be he's trying to run too much. I'm tryinga think of everything he's done in the last 24 hours lol he is taking too much rest today, should I be worried ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:06

When Tilly was about 12 weeks I decided to take her out to pets at home to buy a harness, all was ok in the car and in the shop though she was really awkward at the time about standing and walking so you had nothing to judge it by, when a young couple came up outside to make a fuss as I had her in my arms as she wouldn't walk I put her down and she had developed a limp for no reason. Thought all the stuff you have here as I had been holding her for a while and maybe cramps etc but never stopped , an hour back home in the garden and still limping so off to the Emergency Vet (Sunday) came out £200 lighter with a visit to our vet on the cards, further Vet consultation on the Monday with our Vet all to find nothing wrong apart from my pocket to pay for tests etc , all told about £350 and Tilly still with a limp. It dissapeared after 3 or 4 days miraculously until the first time she was told off when lo and behold she lifted up her back leg again, only problem was she lifted the wrong one, BUSTED !!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:24

Ha ha ! The little devil ! My mum thinks he is just playing on it .. but the too much resting today is what's worrying me ! Just the other day he wouldn't leave my side and was very quiet .. then later on he was sick. I do refuse to take him to the vet at this stage because just like your case, you paid quite a bit only for Tilly to be pulling your leg (excuse the pun lol).

Back to top Go down

Post by Allison Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:48

I have worked in a vets and know how much they mark everything up personally there is no need as it does make you think will or will I not take them even if they are insured the prices are ridiculous

For example I had Duke neutured before I worked there and it cost me £125 when we got Dhaysi I was working at the vets and received staff discount now for Dhaysi to be spayed as a client coming in off the street it would have cost £132 with my discount it cost me just under £30

Allison
Allison

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 14:59

I must be in the wrong job then Laughing

Another thing that just occurred to me, he could have a splinter ! He was fine last night, my dad has been working on the house and he was shaving the wood on the landing last night and all the shavings fell down the stairs ... could be just a splinter !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 15:11

Hope so Maria, nothing as bad as seeing the littl uns unhappy, gt out your magnifying glass and tweezers and go looking Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 15:17

I most certainly will when the wee * wakes up lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 15:43

Well, he's awake, I've checked his paw which he is currently standing on. The only thing I can see is a cracked nail, but the pad it's on, when I squeeze it ever so gentle, he pulls away, doesn't pull away when i apply slight pressure to any other pad. He's now out the back and is walking on it fine ... hmmmn. Clearly this isn't something serious : )

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Jan 02 2012, 16:35

Bless him, hopefully it is nothing serious. Doesn't sound to be bothering him a great deal apart from periods of limping.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 16:36

And the laziness :p Don't think I'll walk him today just incase I make it worse !

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Jan 02 2012, 16:39

Tinkerbell hasn't been for a walk this morning. She has been in her crate all day under a cushion snoring. Not sure if she will go this evening either as it is now raining again....roll on the summer when she will enjoy going out again!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 16:49

aww hope little Monty's foot is abit better now..poor baby....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 16:55

Glad he is a bit better, hopefully it will have gone by tomorrow
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 17:01

Tend to agree that he may have a bruised pad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 17:19

Thanks guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 23:00

Hope Monty is feeling better. They do cause you to worry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 23:05

He's fine ... He came alive just before bed time, bloody typical Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02 2012, 23:06

Glad to hear the good news

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down