dave g
jshrew
Bruno boy
7 posters

Go down

Dog Crates for back of a corsa Empty Dog Crates for back of a corsa

Post by Bruno boy Wed Dec 28 2011, 17:01

Hi Guys,
Bruno is 6 months old and i'm looking for a crate to take him in the car but don't have a clue on what size or where to get 1. Any advice would b great. Just want him to b safe when travelling.
Bruno boy
Bruno boy
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Dog Crates for back of a corsa Empty Re: Dog Crates for back of a corsa

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 17:34

Bruno boy wrote:Hi Guys,
Bruno is 6 months old and i'm looking for a crate to take him in the car but don't have a clue on what size or where to get 1. Any advice would b great. Just want him to b safe when travelling.

Why don't you go down to pets at home and see if they can help you out. I would guess if you have the back seats up then you're not going to ge a very big crate in a Corsa. I would have thought your better options to give him a bit of room is either in the back with a dog guard up to stop him jumping over , or on the back seat with a dog seat belt harnesss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno boy Wed Dec 28 2011, 17:59

I was thinking about the guard, he really doesn't like the harness tried that one. last time i asked pets at home about things for him, they seemed really unhelpful. But thank you. the guard is going to be the best option.
Bruno boy
Bruno boy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Wed Dec 28 2011, 18:01

I initially had a corsa with Ledger and had him seatbelted on the back seat but as the winter weather drew in he was just making a mess of the car (3 door didn't help) then near bonfire night he got freaked by the fireworks and stretched a paw forward and managed to undo my seatbelt! I then tried one of those hamock things which kept him contained until he learnt that pushing on the top where the zip was would open it!

I have since traded the corsa in for a Citroën berlingo fell lucky at a local garage and it was pretty much a straight swap and came with a dog guard it may not be the sexiest of cars but it is a dream to drive and although he isn't the happiest that he doesn't have the best view of where we are going he is much safer in the back in his own space
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Wed Dec 28 2011, 18:13

if i was you i would put a dog guard up, dont think you would get a crate in the back of a corsa...
dave g
dave g
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 19:55

you actualy have a few options if you look on the net. theres a hamock you can get that spreads between the back of the rear seat and the backs of the front seats this protects you car seats and floor as well as letting the dog be comfy and lie down. you could get a boot protector and take the parcel shelf out and put the dog in the boot with a guard up (not an option if its a boot and not hatch though) we just put the back seats up and the dogs lie on the floor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 20:01

Bruno boy wrote:I was thinking about the guard, he really doesn't like the harness tried that one. last time i asked pets at home about things for him, they seemed really unhelpful. But thank you. the guard is going to be the best option.

Must just be a case of where you are , our local Pets at Home in Stoke is generally pretty good and they always try their best to help and Tilly always gets a fuss and a biscuit. Maybe you should try moving a little more South into Co Durham, my homeland Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Wed Dec 28 2011, 20:05

You'd have to measure your car - but perhaps one of the Atlas car crates would fit?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/crates/ferplast_dog_crates/101441

Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Dec 28 2011, 20:15

When Violet is in a Corsa (she flits between a Corsa, Ford Mondeo, Transit van and a Toyota Hilux!) she's happy to wear her harness plugged into the seatbelt, as long as I sit in the back seat with her. She mainly prefers the van though, as she can sit in the front and pretend that she's steering nerd
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 20:15

Aniemother wrote:You'd have to measure your car - but perhaps one of the Atlas car crates would fit?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/crates/ferplast_dog_crates/101441

Does look a better shape to accomodate the hatch , but there's no Corsa on the list Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 21:30

We use the guard as well. Loks almost like the back seat of a police car Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Wed Dec 28 2011, 22:14

davemck3834 wrote:
Aniemother wrote:You'd have to measure your car - but perhaps one of the Atlas car crates would fit?

Does look a better shape to accomodate the hatch , but there's no Corsa on the list Sad
I didn't even look at the list Blushing The mini one is listed for a Corsa, though
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/crates/ferplast_dog_crates/169763
The measurements of the mini looks pretty similar to what Gummi's car crate is.
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 11:42

We use a seat belt harness but it is getting tight as he has almost outgrown it so will be looking for alternatives for transport. I have a Jeep Cherokee (I think it is known as the Patriot elswhere). Tyson simply jumps the seats if I put him in the back. Any suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29 2011, 12:01

We have a guard that prevents Suki from getting up front in the car. It looks like a police car but has been very effective

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno boy Thu Dec 29 2011, 14:42

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, great help. Where would you say the best place to get a guard from is? Bruno is such a sweet little thing gets on really well with me mams older dog of 15 great and me sis just got a 6 week old jack russell and hes very protective of him. When i got him mam was wary as all the bad stuff you hear about staffys, but now she wouldn't go without him. Great addition too the family.
Bruno boy
Bruno boy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyC40 Fri Dec 30 2011, 02:05

I brought my dog a cage from ebay that vets recommended and a cushion for it from pets at home whole lot cost £50 and Kaine leaps in it as soon as the door is open and settles without any trouble even on long journeys.
DannyC40
DannyC40
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 03:34

Our next "family car" will be a wagon with a guard. Vlad has a doggy seatbelt, but he isn't an enthusiastic car dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Dec 30 2011, 04:20

Just ordered a guard as two will need to be safe and contained. I think this is the best long term solution myself. My parents have a soft travel crate that works alright as well.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30 2011, 08:04

Bruno boy wrote:Thank you everyone for the suggestions, great help. Where would you say the best place to get a guard from is? Bruno is such a sweet little thing gets on really well with me mams older dog of 15 great and me sis just got a 6 week old jack russell and hes very protective of him. When i got him mam was wary as all the bad stuff you hear about staffys, but now she wouldn't go without him. Great addition too the family.

If you want it quickly the Pets at Home or Halfords are going to be your best options but why not check out Ebay for a used one if you have time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down