new trick.. peeing in the house....

2 posters

Go down

new trick.. peeing in the house.... Empty new trick.. peeing in the house....

Post by storm2284 Tue Dec 27 2011, 22:01

i'm about at the end of my tether at the moment, and will be calling the vet in the morning as it's just occured to me that tilly may have a UTI, BUT... well as the title says she's decided to start peeing by the door, one of the girls has used my bathroom before now but not being somewhere i go into all the rime i didnt know who was doing it, i have cleaned, disinfected scrubbed to lose the smell, and today replaced the carpet in the hallway. yet still tonight i go to the hall and there's another wet patch, on brand new carpet. she gets let out regularly and has always alerted me before now that she wanted to go out, has anyone got an idea what could be causing this before i go and spend money i really dont have on the vets? same area every time by the front door Crying or Very sad
storm2284
storm2284
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : tilly and holly
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

new trick.. peeing in the house.... Empty Re: new trick.. peeing in the house....

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27 2011, 22:05

Having the same issue myself today Kelly. Very strange for Monty to be doing it in doors. He must have done it around 5 times in different spots tonight. He knew he did wrong and as was telling him off he did it again on the spot !

Back to top Go down

new trick.. peeing in the house.... Empty Re: new trick.. peeing in the house....

Post by storm2284 Tue Dec 27 2011, 22:06

thank god it's not just me.. i really am at the end of my tether at the moment though, it's not tiny little pees either like i would expect for a UTI
storm2284
storm2284

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27 2011, 22:11

I must admit though, over christmas he had an upset tummy so have been giving him water more than normal just to see off any dehydration due to bad tummy ... tonight was as though he just lost control of his bladder ! I do hope yours is OK though Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by storm2284 Tue Dec 27 2011, 22:19

hmm yeah i've had to put the girls onto god awful pedigree from their usual arden for a week, but no upset tummies or anything, and she has always 'told' us when she wanted to go out so no issues, i just dont get it
storm2284
storm2284

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27 2011, 23:36

How old is she? They may be a smell left over if she is going to the same spot each time.

Back to top Go down

Post by storm2284 Tue Dec 27 2011, 23:50

she's just over 12 months old maybe a bit more, she's been with me since june, and its brand new carpet, down less than 5 hours tonight
storm2284
storm2284

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27 2011, 23:54

Now that you say that, my sisters dog is very well trained for the toilet, they've just had new sofas in the house and he has peed on floor next to the sofas 2 or 3 times now .. I'm guessing as there is something new in the house with no scent on it, he is laying his mark. This could be what your dog is doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by storm2284 Wed Dec 28 2011, 00:16

hmm possibly but the reason it was changed in the first place was because she peed on it.....
storm2284
storm2284

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 00:27

Has she been spayed? If so, when was it done & if not, is her season due?

Back to top Go down

Post by storm2284 Wed Dec 28 2011, 12:45

yep she's spayed, was done before she came to me via the rescue
storm2284
storm2284

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 14:21

And is Holly spayed?

Back to top Go down

Post by storm2284 Wed Dec 28 2011, 15:13

yep both are done, holly was done 18 months ago and tilly around may/june time
storm2284
storm2284

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Dec 28 2011, 20:43

I have no idea why she could be doing it. But my last dog used to use the same spot in the house to pee in when he was a pup. We would walk him and he saved it up for when he got home and pee in the exact same spot. My mam read somewhere that washing the area with warm water and biological washing powder (dissolved in the water) neutralises the smell of their urine and so they stop peeing there. Not sure if there is any truth in it but it worked for our pup, he stopped peeing there overnight! Worth a try surely!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down