Taking Milly out

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Taking Milly out - Page 2 Empty Taking Milly out

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16 2010, 20:07

First topic message reminder :

We are desperate to take Milly out as she is getting hyper we were told by our vet she can only go out 2 weeks after her last injection which she had Saturday due to her age. My mate who went to a different vet was told her pup can go out a week after last injection. Do you think we should just do like our vet said cos we confused??

Back to top Go down

Taking Milly out - Page 2 Empty Re: Taking Milly out

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 09:10

Yeah need one with a life policy and the other thing for me is a vet that can make a direct claim with that company......no good for most if they will cover thousands of pounds worth of treatment if you have to pay it first and then claim it back later....unless you have grands in the bank then no problem. I have 4 daughters and 1 wife so im lucky if i have a spare quid in there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 09:32

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Yeah need one with a life policy and the other thing for me is a vet that can make a direct claim with that company......no good for most if they will cover thousands of pounds worth of treatment if you have to pay it first and then claim it back later....unless you have grands in the bank then no problem. I have 4 daughters and 1 wife so im lucky if i have a spare quid in there lol

tell me about that feeling lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 09:54

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Thank You Caryll I'll have a look at them.....did you have to pay it first and then claim it back. I know many are doing this now which is no good for me.....I can't afford to save up a few grand and leave it in the bank just incase I need it until i get it back

My vet takes a 'guarantee' from the client that if the insurance co. won't pay then you do! For that they charge £20 plus you have to pay the excess up front. So, for a £2000+ bill I paid £95. Fair enough as far as I'm concerned! Not all vets will do that, though, so it's worth asking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 09:57

Nice one Caryll....now that seems more like the sort of money I could afford anytime. See I don't want to get Blue insured only to find it's useless as i don't have the money to pay it first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 10:28

As I said, all vet's practices have different rules, but I think most do that sort of 'loan' between claiming & actually receiving the money. I also think it depends on the insurance company - if they don't recognise it they may not be so keen to do a direct claim, but only your vet can tell you that, it's always wortha asking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:14

Keep her brain busy by playing games like 'find it' this can be as simple as hiding a treat up your trouser leg after she's got the scent of it and telling her to 'find it' then letting her have it when she does. Staffies are so intelligent and brain training is just as important for them as physical exercise and it can also tire them out more than physical exercise. Her being stuck in is such a good time for you to do training and brain games with her. Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:25

Shontelle wrote:Keep her brain busy by playing games like 'find it' this can be as simple as hiding a treat up your trouser leg after she's got the scent of it and telling her to 'find it' then letting her have it when she does. Staffies are so intelligent and brain training is just as important for them as physical exercise and it can also tire them out more than physical exercise. Her being stuck in is such a good time for you to do training and brain games with her. Good luck! Smile

thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 11:29

Caryll wrote:
Shontelle wrote:Keep her brain busy by playing games like 'find it' this can be as simple as hiding a treat up your trouser leg after she's got the scent of it and telling her to 'find it' then letting her have it when she does. Staffies are so intelligent and brain training is just as important for them as physical exercise and it can also tire them out more than physical exercise. Her being stuck in is such a good time for you to do training and brain games with her. Good luck! Smile

thumbs up

you can take it one step further to by letting them finding it and tell them to leave it when they do give them a treat from your hand

Back to top Go down

Post by leigh46137 Wed Nov 17 2010, 16:37

I was told from the VET I could take Holly out in the Back Garden with only the first Jab...! as long as no other stray dog was around.
I did tell him its a Flat, with other housed dog's using the Garden, He said that's fine.

But I playing on the safe side, she is staying in just no.
leigh46137
leigh46137
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 17:22

Wow, just realised I posted on the initial topic after a big pet insurance debate! Sorry if that confused anyone. I'm trying to do a load of uni work today and keep up with whats going on in staffy land and obviously wasnt paying attention! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 17 2010, 17:27

no hun you done the right thing you brought the tread back in line well done keep up the good work =D>
if you ever feel topics are going off you pull them back girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2