Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that

3 posters

Go down

Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that Empty Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:28

this poor bugger is to be raffled at a church auction. how disgusting no vetting of potential owners or anything just get a ticket and hey presto you could win yourself a racing dog

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-the-auction-of-santa-the-greyhound/

Back to top Go down

Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that Empty Re: Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:48

Is this for real??????? A CHURCH raffeling a dog. How sick.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that Empty Re: Raffle a Greyhound how inteligent is that

Post by janey Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:55

Can't find any links to it.

Where did you find it Julie??
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:58

my sister sent it to me she is on a greyhound site much like this one cos she has a rescue greyhound ex racer and is really passionate about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:32

It isn't unusual, I'm afraid. This sort of thing has gone on for years.

Normally, you're buying raffle tickets for part ownership, and only for a limited amount of time! But with that, comes expense! Kenneling/training fees, food, race fees, vets bills etc. You're rarely likely to actually get the dog lock, stock & barrel as it were.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:39

Caryll wrote:It isn't unusual, I'm afraid. This sort of thing has gone on for years.

Normally, you're buying raffle tickets for part ownership, and only for a limited amount of time! But with that, comes expense! Kenneling/training fees, food, race fees, vets bills etc. You're rarely likely to actually get the dog lock, stock & barrel as it were.

How come? Its supposed to be a church?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:46

Just looked on the site - there's no greyhound up for auction on the link given.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:48

janey wrote:
Caryll wrote:It isn't unusual, I'm afraid. This sort of thing has gone on for years.

How come? Its supposed to be a church?

I don't mean for churches exclusively (a church should have a higher moral stand than that!), just in general. I've seen it done before. Don't forget that many people don't see greyhound racing as cruel, just as many don't see a problem with horse racing (I don't like either of them) - they only see what the trainers/owners want them to see. They don't see the cruelty involved, or the expendability of the poor animals when they're not wanted anymore!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:06

Caryll wrote:Just looked on the site - there's no greyhound up for auction on the link given.

As above, thats why I asked?

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:29

Caryll wrote:Just looked on the site - there's no greyhound up for auction on the link given.

just went on the actual auctioneers site and found this. lot 170 starting bid 500 euros

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/search?q=greyhound&org=yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:37

Just signed up, and clicked 'bid now' (no, I wasn't going to bid!) and nothing comes up - I think they may have withdrawn it.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:38

That can't be right surely Surprised
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:40

They can withdraw it if they want. Maybe people have complained, and they've listened?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 23:09

Discusting, for a church too be allowing this is shameful.

im not religious and have nothing against anyone and ther beliefs my best mates a christian, but i work with someone who is a christian and he shocked me a while back when talking about dogs and he said if he got a dog and it got too big i would get rid of it, there ok as pups but not when older ?????? and your meant too be a follower of god who loves all of gods creations yeah right. needless too say i had a few words too say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 10:42

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:Discusting, for a church too be allowing this is shameful.

I totally agree. It's shameful. And I'm a Catholic & also the Parish Secretary for my church!

P.S. Not all christians are like your friend, thank God! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 19:12

Caryll wrote:
xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:Discusting, for a church too be allowing this is shameful.

I totally agree. It's shameful. And I'm a Catholic & also the Parish Secretary for my church!

My best mate isnt likethat. someome i work with is. didnt mean any offence x

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Tue Dec 13 2011, 20:36

In a lot of childrens beauty pageants in the states, first prize is like, $500 and a puppy. Some of the entrants aren't even a year old, so who knows where the puppy ends up.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 22:18

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:
Caryll wrote:

No offense taken! Big Grin

Sorry, didn't read the post properly (my bad Blushing ), I thought he was a friend! Must remember to read all the posts, not just bits!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 22:24

linzy wrote:In a lot of childrens beauty pageants in the states, first prize is like, $500 and a puppy. Some of the entrants aren't even a year old, so who knows where the puppy ends up.

those beauty pageants are another subject i could rant about for hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13 2011, 22:28

linzy wrote:In a lot of childrens beauty pageants in the states, first prize is like, $500 and a puppy. Some of the entrants aren't even a year old, so who knows where the puppy ends up.

That's awful!

_julie_ wrote:those beauty pageants are another subject i could rant about for hours.

Me too! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 23:11

Caryll wrote:
xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:
Caryll wrote:

No offense taken! Big Grin

Sorry, didn't read the post properly (my bad Blushing ), I thought he was a friend! Must remember to read all the posts, not just bits!

Lol, No i cant stand him, esp after saying what he did about dogs, oh and saying that my boys are the aggressive dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down