Symptoms

2 posters

Go down

Symptoms Empty Symptoms

Post by Gavindlm Sat Nov 13 2010, 13:29

Hi,

My staff "Jordan" is 9 and a half years old and has recantly started to not want to go for his morning walk which is not like him at all. He just stays under the bed shaking and doesn't want to move. Sometimes he is very tense around the back of his body and his legs are very weak. Normaly very fit & healthy but has had this symptom before but this year its happening more & more regulary. He has been to the vet and has been given an injection to de-tostotorise him which lasts 7 days. He was vomiting but after his visit to the vet he was fine. 14 days later he has the same syptoms so today he has been given the same medication and if he is better in 3 days he may require castration.

Has anyone out there had the same and will the castration cure him or does anyone think this may be another problem? Is this just old age?

Cheers
Del

Gavindlm
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Symptoms Empty Re: Symptoms

Post by Steve Sat Nov 13 2010, 14:31

my xena is around the same age she abit like that she dont like to go for a walk everywhere, for the shaking are you getting alot of fireworks around you my sam as been having a break down for the last weeks because of them..

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 14:40

It could be that the vet thinks it may be a prostate problem, which is why he's giving the injections & may castrate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavindlm Sat Nov 13 2010, 17:32

Steve wrote:my xena is around the same age she abit like that she dont like to go for a walk everywhere, for the shaking are you getting alot of fireworks around you my sam as been having a break down for the last weeks because of them..

Hi,

Yeah we have had the fireworks only over the weekend of the 5th and Jordan is petrified of them, pants and won't settle dow trying to get behind or under enything. Thanks anyway.

Del

Gavindlm

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavindlm Sat Nov 13 2010, 17:38

Caryll wrote:It could be that the vet thinks it may be a prostate problem, which is why he's giving the injections & may castrate.

Hi,

Yeah thanks for your advice. I think it could be prostate problem too so i'll mention that on Monday when I see the vet again. I'm rubbish at the vets, I usually forget to say what I want too or forget what the vet tells me, nightmare when Jordan is making his usual wingeing sound coz he wants to get out.

Thanks again.
Del

Gavindlm

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down