The Dog Whisperer!

+3
stiofan
Kathy
Maxien78
7 posters

Go down

The Dog Whisperer! Empty The Dog Whisperer!

Post by Maxien78 Sat Nov 26 2011, 18:46

I have to admit, even though a lot of people don't agree with his tactics, but i think i LOVE him lol...Well...not IN love with him but he is absolutely AMAZING!!

Some of his little tricks on training we have used with Sapphire. It took us 2 weeks to get her to 'lie down' then i watched an episode of Dog Whisperer and he showed us how we can be dominant over a dominant dog by towering over them. So if the dog is sitting, you would kneel or stand behind the dog and lean forward, this will force the dog into submission. I tried this little trick with Sapphire, not to be dominant, but when i was teaching the 'lie down' command, i would say it, have the treat in front of her then apply some body weight pressure (only a tiny bit) onto her which forced her into a lying down position. She got the treat and lots of fuss and love then hey presto from that moment on she had it. She hardly ever has to be told twice now Laughing

But enough of my babbling Tongues I think he is amazing. He has trained dogs in the series so well that if the dog ever starts to do anything naughty all he had to do was point at the dog which would get the dog to stop, then point somewhere else and the dog would just move to that spot and lay down.
Maxien78
Maxien78
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

The Dog Whisperer! Empty Re: The Dog Whisperer!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26 2011, 18:49

He is good but there are a lot of things that he does that is not, but glad things worked out for you
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Nov 26 2011, 19:45

Glad it worked for you, but he is not my cup of tea. I will leave it there.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Sat Nov 26 2011, 19:59

I think he has probably saved lots of dogs from being re homed or destroyed.Some of his stuff seems very sensible , just pick the best bits and avoid some of the rest?.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
The Dog Whisperer! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sookies Mum Sat Nov 26 2011, 22:38

<:-P I like his shows, he makes sense with things and easy to follow.
I have some of his training videos too
Sookies Mum
Sookies Mum
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sookie
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Nov 27 2011, 02:49

I am a fan of sorts I think he is gifted in that he can comunicate with the dog that most other trainers cant but I dont think you can see it from a tv program and im not a fan of made up stuff like that. I watched one program that sticks in my mind which Pat pirreli (horse whisperer )joined him and that particular one was fantastic and showed them coming together I loved that one but cant say anything other than the guy has a gift how he uses that for tv probably doesnt do him favours.
Pat was challenged at the begining of his career from people who didnt beleive to go out to the wild and with no tricks capture or anything like that return with a wild mustang, he did this and rode the mustang back from the wild the mustang spent a few years with him then he was challenged to return it to its herd which he did amazing guy kiss
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 11:35

there are quite a few things he does that pete likes but it take s asensible person to practise some of his stuff. i have seen someone think they know it all after a few of his shows and treat the dog in ways that it didnt deserve or that was warrented for that situation. one of my brothers has a border collie bitch about 14 months now and she is giddy to say the least. instead of training her with the OFF or DOWN when she jumps up he grabs her and holds her to the floor till she submits. wrong situatiion for such an abrupt telling. you have to put cesars actions into context and use them ionly for situations that warrent them the rest is basic trianing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 12:38

I agree with Julie. His programs do have warnings on using some of the techniques by a trained professional. I personally like him and think that for the most part his pack leader philosophy works. I aslo believe in the 'walk' as the basis for everything. He works with very bad cases so one cannot translate a lot of stuff to your situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 13:37

I used to be a big fan until I saw some of the behind the scenes stuff that doesn't get shown on TV. I much prefer Victoria Stilwell (It's me or the dog). She gets results and is much more 'reward based' training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 13:50

Can't stand him. Enough said.

Back to top Go down

Post by BLAKEJORELL Sun Nov 27 2011, 14:22

I really enjoy his shows, he has a few very good tips for dog owners. Victoria Stilwell on the other hand gets on my nerves
BLAKEJORELL
BLAKEJORELL
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : DUDE
Dog Gender(s) : MALE
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 15:29

Pat perelli is a *. His method is scare the hell out of a horse until its so scared it does what you say without question.

Im interested to know why some people DONT like ceasers methods?

Personally im nutral. I think he is sometimes a little hard on the dog and uses aids too much. but he gets the job done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hilsie Sun Nov 27 2011, 15:46

I agree with you Shontelle I love Victoria Stilwell, have tried loads of her tips and they work.
Hilsie
Hilsie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Millie
Dog(s) Ages : 22 months
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Nov 27 2011, 19:12

Equi wrote:Pat perelli is a *. His method is scare the hell out of a horse until its so scared it does what you say without question.

Im interested to know why some people DONT like ceasers methods?

Personally im nutral. I think he is sometimes a little hard on the dog and uses aids too much. but he gets the job done!

Are we watching the same man Surprised Pat pirreli works on the fight or flight theiry and does everything on a peace and gentle tone gaining trust in the way horses understand the pirreli I have watched loads a nervous horse in 4 hours not a brush up its bum and 20 secs time like most .
Have you seen him join up with a horse that is a sight to see im shocked you feel this way Surprised
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 19:25

Personally i am a fan of him i like his meathods, i think all dogs are different and different methods work so you have too use method sthat work for that dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27 2011, 22:11

I, personally, am not a fan. Positive training works better and lasts longer than fear/punishment based training.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down