totaly peeved

+2
i love leah and lois
janey
6 posters

Go down

totaly peeved Empty totaly peeved

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 11:19

well i am totaly peeved with my brother right now. when we first got lemmy he decided to show everyone the dnagerous dogs list. luckily no one that knows us takes any notice except my mam. she was quite confortable with lemmy till he got his neb in now she is "a bit weiry really and would rather he didnt get on the chair with her" then we got lottie and my mam was telling him so he has got on his soap box again and she is listening to him. he doesnt even come near my house and hasnt even seen the dogs so what is he bothered for. he neednt bother coming to the house either he's not welcome. we have some history for not seeing each other often cos we disagree a lot but this has really got up my nose.

if you want to go by breed of dog then and whose dangerous and who isnt they can leave lottie alone she's half boxer and i dont see them on any dangerous dogs list as for lemmy he would feel so stupid when he saw the size of him cos i am sure he is a toy staff LOL he's only a little man people cant beleive how old he is they think he's younger.

Back to top Go down

totaly peeved Empty Re: totaly peeved

Post by janey Fri Nov 25 2011, 11:35

I can symathise, my sis and bro won't let Moo near the kids cause she might eat them! Thankfully it means I don't see them at all now Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 11:42

if you dont like dogs or dont like the breed of dog i have then feel free to by pass my house do not feel you have to come in at any time c os i really wouldnt like to see my dogs upset by letting someone in that doesnt like them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 12:33

I can totally see your point of view - if he doesn't like them he doesn't have to see them!

But he shouldn't pass his prejudices on to your mum!

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Fri Nov 25 2011, 17:45

I say the same also if you dont like my dogs or dog dont come to my house.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Jon Fri Nov 25 2011, 17:58

My mum was "weiry" of Ty when we first got him because of other peoples veiws and opinions. She has since realised after babysitting the children (all 4 of them including Ty) that he's a softy. She has even said to us "all he wants is cuddles".
Jon
Jon
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Fri Nov 25 2011, 18:25

My mum was also very wary when I told her that I was rescuing a staffy had all the "you don't know who has taught him what in 2 years and there is a reason he's in rescue" it didn't help that the centre had lost his file. But I had met the happy bundle of waggy tailed fun and persuaded her to come to the centre and bring my parents dog to meet Ledger and she was instantly won over and now she welcomes him with lots if cuddles and unlike their dog Lucky who is a springer/collie x a bag of pestering fur both my parents love encourraging Ledger up on their laps for cuddles
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 21:28

we have had lemmy since he was 8 weeks old and she thought he was lovely untill my brother told her they were the most dangerous dogs and shouldnt be aloud to live as he pshe now cowers away from him a bit i have a good mind to tell her not to come too but at this rate i will have no one but my dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25 2011, 21:30

I think you are totally in the right. Can see why your brother would try to upset your mom though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Nov 25 2011, 21:37

I feel for you! My wife's sister and brother won't come and won't let their precious "angels" near our dog and we refuse to shut him in a room when they want to come over so they don't. Oh well. My father-in-law tried to tell us what it would be like when he comes over too. I told him fat chance. He doesn't talk about it anymore because he wants to see the grandkids. Still makes my blood boil.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26 2011, 10:32

I can see why your annoyed. Long and boring story but my ex had the same attitude towards staffies, in fact any breed with Bull in the name. Had never been around them, but they were vicious dogs that couldn't be trusted, didn't like how they looked. Refused point blank to listen to anything but the negative in the press, wasn't telling me what to do but would never let one of those dogs be anywhere near his kids. He is now an ex and I have the most gorgeous wee girl who loves every person she meets, just wants cuddles and to give kisses, my family love her and have absolutely no problem with her being around my nieces aged 1 to 7 years Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Sat Dec 03 2011, 08:52

Yes I also know exactly how you feel. My parents didn't like the fact we had a staffie either, do they really think I would put my kids in danger?! They have since met Tinkerbell and whilst she jumped all over them, she didn't eat them so they are better with her. My sister on the other hand doesn't like any dog and especially not a staffie.

When they all came up for Hollie's birthday we put Tinkerbell in her crate, more for her safety as the house is teeny and there were a lot of people walking around and excited children. We let her out for a wee half way through the party, and everyone gathered in the kitchen. My sister who hates dogs was warned that on her return in from the garden Tinkerbell would be excited and anyone that was still in the kitchen would be jumped on, you should have seen her scarper out the kitchen lol. Don't think she liked the idea of being jumped on by a staffie Laughing

I have recently fallen out with the whole family so I am pretty glad that I no longer have anything to do with them Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content