Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest

2 posters

Go down

Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest  Empty Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest

Post by Steve Tue Nov 22 2011, 19:59

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9382745.stm

i heard on the news if the goverment carry on as they are in the next 10 years the gap between rich and poor could be as like the victorian age I dont want to s

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest  Empty Re: Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:01

Globalization and outsourcing will make this hard to correct.

Back to top Go down

Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest  Empty Re: Wealth gap widens between super rich and rest

Post by janey Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:09

Its ok, I have my 6million pound bonus coming up Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 22 2011, 20:38

janey wrote:

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:54

ye seen that myself i would like to know were they get the national avrage of 26k a year i wish.
and the top city workers are on 3.7 million a year drooling drooling eek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:36

My husband and I always considered ourselves comfortable. We both work full time and we have never wanted for anything. We are, however, feeling the pinch and I feel awful for those that aren't in the same position as us that earn less. This year for Christmas, I plan to give to the Salvos in lieu of giving presents to family and friends, because there are a lot of people in this world struggling to make ends meet and probably won't be able to afford anything (food, household bills, clothing etc) let alone the cost of Christmas and a lot of the people they help do work. I know it sounds like I am on my soap box, and maybe I am, but the global economy is in such a state that I think where I can help someone, I will Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Nov 23 2011, 21:43

the homeless people in nottingham as gone up 80% Surprised and 10% in the hole of the uk Straight Face with the mess euro are in i think nothing will improve for long long time.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:00

I get upset walking by homeless people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:04

yea i can remeber the old tories days (thatcher & major day) there was alot of homeless people around Sad and they slowly coming back

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:12

I always grew up in the country, so was never really exposed to poverty or homelessness until I began travelling when I finished school. I lived in the UK for nearly 4 years and I was shocked at how many people were homeless. We have the same issues in our cities, but, like I said, I lived a fairly sheltered life in respect to this major issue. It is awful to think that we are "developed" nations considered rich by the rest of the world... and if this is the state we are living, what are all the developing and under developed nations like? None of the great minds and powers in this world seem to know how to work towards fixing anything. Very sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:20

i dont know if you know an place call manfield they have streets of houses boarded up Surprised & people are living on the street something wrong!!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:23

It's just plain silly! Like you say, if streets of houses are boarded up and people are living on the streets no food or shelter (and it's getting freezing there now!) it would make sense for some official to give these people somewhere to be safe and warm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:25

it's disagrace get me really mad!!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:26

Imagration and benifits doesn't help, come on!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:27

Makes me angry too. It really makes no sense Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23 2011, 22:31

Steve wrote:i heard on the news if the goverment carry on as they are in the next 10 years the gap between rich and poor could be as like the victorian age I dont want to s

At the risk of starting another political argument, that's exactly what the Tories want! Let the rich get richer & the poor will be their servants.

janey wrote:

Now, Janey, I'm sure your boss has told you that you can't sell that priceless masterpiece & keep the money yourself!

pixie79 wrote:This year for Christmas, I plan to give to the Salvos in lieu of giving presents to family and friends, because there are a lot of people in this world struggling to make ends meet and probably won't be able to afford anything (food, household bills, clothing etc) let alone the cost of Christmas and a lot of the people they help do work.

I did that last year & I got a lot of funny looks from people when they opened up the card that said their present was a gift to either the Sally Army or CAFOD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down