Excited!

5 posters

Go down

Excited! Empty Excited!

Post by Andy Sun Nov 13 2011, 22:09

WoooHooo! just ordered Max's new leather harness online Big Grin ... after chasing him around the house for 15mins with a tape measure like a gaylord tailer Laughing Blushing
Andy
Andy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Excited! Empty Re: Excited!

Post by gem Sun Nov 13 2011, 22:22

Hey how did you like the show did you see some dogs that you liked come on goss Big Grin
I dont like leather harness myself think they give out the wrong impression but hope its a speedy delivery for ya and your boy likes it sorry I dont want to s

Last edited by gem on Sun Nov 13 2011, 22:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13 2011, 23:58

Yes, what did you think of the show?

I'm another one that doesn't like the leather harnesses, same reason. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 14 2011, 09:34

Yeah we really enjoyed the show, and it is nice being around "Staffy people" ... the biggest problem for me was to not make a fuss of all the gorgeous dogs Blushing Love Struck

I only have a little Nikon point and shoot camera so couldnt really zoom in enough to get any good shots, but there were some VERY good example's there Big Grin , as you all know there are so many looks even to a show dog, from the very stocky short dog's, to the perfectly balanced compact ones (and I have to say, some frankly butt ugly ones!!)

The black/brindle in the last pic with the lady standing up was awesome, spot on from any angle Love Struck , and the hefty looking tan/white was prob the heaviest dog there, a right bruiser Love Struck

Excited! Sh1
Excited! Sh2
Excited! Sh3
Excited! Sh4
Excited! Sh5
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 14 2011, 09:44

Re; the harness, yeah I know what ya mean, I have always liked them to be honest tho, as long as they dont have all the brass work on, Max's is just a very well made "plain" bridle leather, with brass D ring and buckles, no decoration at all, and to be honest, he is such a softy, always waggin his tail and ears down when around people .. you'd struggle to get the wrong impression of him Love Struck
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Mon Nov 14 2011, 09:55

Where have you ordered the harness from? Ledger has had to train on his collar for obedience and I have a 'cheap' staffy collar from pets at home but the staffy knot studs are coming out so I think it's time to invest in better quality. When I was walking on the harness I thought the staffy ones were just feeding the stereotype but having seen a pup by us in one she looks gorgeous think the attitude of the dog and owner outshine the accessories unfortunately the only leather harnesses have seen about swamp Ledger
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14 2011, 10:35

great pics theres some lovely dogs and nice to see evberyone having a nice time with no moans from anyone about your choice of dog isnt it great. applause I remember measuring Lemmy up for a coat. I think he ate the first 2 inches of my tape measure Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 14 2011, 10:58

jshrew wrote:Where have you ordered the harness from? Ledger has had to train on his collar for obedience and I have a 'cheap' staffy collar from pets at home but the staffy knot studs are coming out so I think it's time to invest in better quality. When I was walking on the harness I thought the staffy ones were just feeding the stereotype but having seen a pup by us in one she looks gorgeous think the attitude of the dog and owner outshine the accessories unfortunately the only leather harnesses have seen about swamp Ledger

I looked at loads of place's, and got it down to two, "Hide&Collars" ... beautifully made, but again they use large brass rivets (which look a little too much like studs from distance for my likeing Rolling Eyes ), and "AECollars" ... which I went for in the end Wink

http://www.aecollars.co.uk/ph2%20staffordshire%20bull%20terrier%20plain%20harness%2025mm.html

They are hand made, and in a range of thickness's, so if you have a smaller built dog, it dosent need to look daft or ill fitting Wink
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Nov 14 2011, 11:00

Diesels harness has been a god send tbh - shes so strong now and I just didnt feel I had hold of her well enough on the collar. With the harness I feel I have a lot more control and she dosent pull in it either..unlike the collar shed choke lol

Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 14 2011, 20:11

_julie_ wrote:great pics theres some lovely dogs and nice to see evberyone having a nice time with no moans from anyone about your choice of dog isnt it great. applause I remember measuring Lemmy up for a coat. I think he ate the first 2 inches of my tape measure Big Grin

Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler&megsmum Mon Nov 14 2011, 20:24

I don't think you will be disappointed with A&E Collars,I had Megs collar and lead from them 5 yrs ago and it's still like new,excellent quality Big Grin

Lovely pics btw Smile
Tyler&megsmum
Tyler&megsmum
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tyler & Meg
Dog Gender(s) : Dog & bitch
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Nov 14 2011, 20:44

Tyler&megsmum wrote:I don't think you will be disappointed with A&E Collars,I had Megs collar and lead from them 5 yrs ago and it's still like new,excellent quality Big Grin

Lovely pics btw Smile

Cheer's Sal Smile

Yeah the heavy bridle leather should last his life time, and I'll prob get him a collar/lead from there also (as they've already given me 10% off next purchase) Big Grin
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14 2011, 21:11

Great looking dogs. Hope your new harness arrives quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down