Couple of old pics of my first dog...

Go down

Couple of old pics of my first dog... Empty Couple of old pics of my first dog...

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01 2011, 23:12

Couple of old pics of my first dog... Zena11

Couple of old pics of my first dog... Zena_a10

Couple of old pics of my first dog... Zena_g10

Back to top Go down

Couple of old pics of my first dog... Empty Re: Couple of old pics of my first dog...

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01 2011, 23:18

aw thats a gorgeous dog. little cutie is smaller than plants bless angel

Back to top Go down

Couple of old pics of my first dog... Empty Re: Couple of old pics of my first dog...

Post by janey Tue Nov 01 2011, 23:28

Who? When? Name? Your age? His? Smile Very sweet x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01 2011, 23:32

Awwww, very sweet. I love the last pic of him/her cautiosly looking up at the plant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02 2011, 08:35

janey wrote:

coffee

lovely pics caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02 2011, 09:39

waiting
Gorgeous face, so sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03 2011, 20:25

Aww i love collies but im not allowed one lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03 2011, 22:15

janey wrote:
lynne wrote:
janey wrote:
coffee
lovely pics caryll

Sorry!

It's Zena & I got her in 1971 when she was about 10/12 weeks old. I was 14, nearly 15. The pic on the sofa was taken the first day we got her. The other two were about 2 or 3 weeks later, I think. She was my introduction to obedience training & I did a lot of competition work with her, up to test C. Her speciality was scent work - it was always faultless! She also did a really good recall & retrieve.

She died in 1987, a ripe old 16 & a half years old. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 03 2011, 22:19

About time! She sounded amazing. I was never even around dogs untill my first when I was 25ish. Wish I was, now I have one it feels like when I was younger I missed out. Shame my family don't believe the same thing Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03 2011, 22:26

I'd been on at my parents about getting a dog since I was old enough to talk! I used to go out into the street when I was a toddler so that I could stop dogs 'fighting'. Turns out they used to mainly be mating! Laughing

I always had the same answer.....no!

Then my dad was made redundant & he bought my sister a really expensive coat. He asked me what I wanted & I said a dog. Zena cost £15, and I got her from a kennel in Pound Hill, Surrey. I didn't know at the time, but it was a puppy farm. I'd never heard of them before.

I was told she was 8 weeks old, but the vet we took her to said she was probably nearer 12 weeks! She also developed distemper shortly after we got her home, but it was very mild & was cured with medication.

When she was about 3 years old she had her 4th phantom pregnancy, followed by pyometra. So on the advice of the vet we had her spayed. She's the only dog I've ever had neutered.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03 2011, 23:48

Lovely pics, she is soo cute Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Nov 03 2011, 23:51

10 years ago I would have chosen a coat, now,well?????????.............. Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 11:12

janey wrote:

10 years ago I would have chosen a coat, now,well?????????.............. Smile

Laughing Laughing No, I never even considered it - I'd been dog mad for years! In fact my sister's coat cost about 3 times more than Zena, but I was more than happy with the deal!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 15:21

great photos of your first doggie.. enjoyed reading how you came to have her....

I grew up having a pet dog most of my childhood ( we had Basil a corgi and then Ruffy a border collie, who got stolen by a truck driver, and then Happy a stray who wandered into our yard one day and never left ) ..and the odd time we didn't have a pet dog I used to walk the neighbours..I have always loved dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04 2011, 20:38

vanessa wrote:
I grew up having a pet dog most of my childhood ( we had Basil a corgi and then Ruffy a border collie, who got stolen by a truck driver, and then Happy a stray who wandered into our yard one day and never left ) ..and the odd time we didn't have a pet dog I used to walk the neighbours..I have always loved dogs.

Love Struck Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down