Does cooler weather equal more energy?

5 posters

Go down

Does cooler weather equal more energy? Empty Does cooler weather equal more energy?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 13:49

It's been cooling off a bit here lately and Suki has gotten more energetic. I was wondering if anyone else's dog is more energetic when the temerature starts to fall or if it's just her age since she is only a bit over 13 months. I know she didn't like the cold last year and assume she will be the same this year but at this rate we are in for a busy couple of months with her.

Back to top Go down

Does cooler weather equal more energy? Empty Re: Does cooler weather equal more energy?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 13:54

the cooler weather is more comfortable. its not too hot like the weather has been but its not cold yet either so they can run round more without feeling horrible and stuffy. the hot weather nocks everyone out i think not just the dogs

Back to top Go down

Does cooler weather equal more energy? Empty Re: Does cooler weather equal more energy?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 14:15

I think so as well. Suki gets about an hour of off leash play time and two one hour walks every day but lately she seems to want to play tug for at least an hour every day. It's almost like she had an energy drink and is very hyper

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Oct 26 2011, 14:23

Moo is always hyper lol!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 14:27

janey wrote:

Moo is always hyper lol!

will have to set her in a nice big field with lemmy and see which one gets tired first Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Oct 26 2011, 14:30

She didn't stop when she met Billy so I don't think there is any hope of her tiring first lol Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 14:51

Laughing

too true

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Wed Oct 26 2011, 15:41

Mine was the same when we had that hot spell all they wanted to do was chill out all day.We dont get a lot of warm weather here anyway.As soon as It cooled of again jessie and milly was back to there hypo ways.Barney isnt Hypo these days due to him getting on in years.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 15:51

I think my two have slightly calmed down over the past few weeks, not much mind but a bit

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Thu Oct 27 2011, 07:36

mmm may be cos sash getting middle age,any sign of rain n refuses to go out,im up at 6 in the morning to take her out before work and this week its been raining every morning,any one tried to make a staffie do some thing they dont want to do knows it aint easy!i have even brought her a water proof,fleece lined coat(much to the disaproval of the other half)!
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by loubop Thu Oct 27 2011, 08:47

The weather up here has become proper autumny, cold dark windy mornings, Buddys been a proper lazy boy! I can relate to the early walks! I try to explain that im not being mean, its just that he must be needing the toilet by now! Then we go thru it all in the evening again! At least its been ok during the day !

If last years anythign to go by, the snow will be here in like 3 weeks.....
loubop
loubop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 11:24

She was extra hyper again today too. Oh well I'm sure she'll grow out of it or it will get too cold for her to want to be out much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Oct 27 2011, 12:21

Yes Tinkerbell is also a lot more energetic now the weather is colder. Thought it might have been her finally settling in here, because she seems to have shown her proper staffy characteristics now for the first time since we had her. She doesn't seem as laid back as we thought lol! Laughing
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down