milliemoosmum
Ben
janey
i love leah and lois
8 posters

Go down

Christmas pressies Empty Christmas pressies

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Oct 25 2011, 21:38

At christmas we buy are dogs pressies because when they see the kids opening theres they run round all exited the Dogs.Like they understand what christmas means.Last year i bought a big christmas stocking for jessie and barney and some other little treats and i wrapped them in wrapping paper and let them rip the paper off themselves.This christmas i will have to buy for milly also.I havent a clue what to buy them all this year.What do you lot on the forum buy for yours at christmas if you do buy for them.Im not being noisey just looking for some ideas for this christmas,Sometimes the dogs can be harder to buy for than the kids Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Christmas pressies Empty Re: Christmas pressies

Post by janey Tue Oct 25 2011, 21:45

My mum 'nanny' (lol) does Moo a stocking of loads of different treats, all wrapped individuly bless her. She also bought her a new frisbee with a note 'An early christmas present for Moo' Smile

Me? I'm pretty useless I'm affraid Laughing Moo is spoilt all year round, no others to spoil Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 21:47

we usualy buy our dogs a new squeeky toy and a couple of treats. its lemmy and lotties first chrtistmas this year so it should be fun watching them

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:21

When is lottie coming home julie.I bet you are so exited julie
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:23

she comes home saturday this week. 4 days to go. it looked like christmas in sunday after we had been to the pet shop for all her stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:36

Awwww... bless i bet you carnt wait i would be so exited.I would be counting down the days,I saw all those things you bought her she is going To be so spoilt.And lemmy will have a new sister bless its so sweet
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:40

i am counting its 4 days and pete said once you get wednesday out the way its plane sailing cos the back end of the week always goes quicker than the beginning

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:42

My dogs always get prezzies at xmas lol .. They have a stocking on the wall with ours lol they have prezzies under the tree to open when everyone else is done .. they have xmas dinner too Smile bit of meat and veg etc Smile.
Diesel always loved xmas :') .. Vinnie loved his 1st xmas Tongues and Skye has her first xmas too come Smile .. im actually dreading skye w. the xmas tree haha! shes a rebel! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:45

Last year I got Dempsey a couple of hoodies for christmas, but I've no idea what to get him this year - I'll just keep my eyes open! It might be hoodies again, cause last year's ones don't really fit him any more!

_julie_ wrote:i am counting its 4 days and pete said once you get wednesday out the way its plane sailing cos the back end of the week always goes quicker than the beginning

Not when you want it to!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:46

staffy-lover89 wrote: im actually dreading skye w. the xmas tree haha! shes a rebel! lol

aw god never thought of the tree. jesus if the reall ones in the garden arent safe imagine what the one in my house is gunna look like nail biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:47

hahaha!!! .. uh-owwwww lol! .. i thought the same with vinnie too lol and he didnt really bother, however he did have a fascination with the stuff hanging of it lol and would often find him walking round with one in his mouth lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 22:55

i learnt about the dangly things with our last GSD. i put chocolate on for the kids and the dog thought ooohhhh!!!! smells nice i'll have some of that. dog flayling about under fallen christmas tree is a funny site

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 23:01

hahaha!!! oh dear! lol!!

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Oct 25 2011, 23:13

Milly will probaly be scared of our christmas tree she is a yellow belly.We have got one of those fibre optic ones that change colour and the fan makes a small noise so she will be scared shes scared of anything that makes noise.bless Laughing
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 25 2011, 23:23

well at least someones tree will be safe then Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 00:44

This will be Suki's first Christmas with us so we will probally spoil her with lots of treats wrapped in paper that she can destroy with a few stuffed animals.

Not sure about the tree yet though since I have my doubts on being able to trust her alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Oct 26 2011, 00:51

Hahaha. We do presents and a stocking. Usually things like special treats and a squeeky toy or two (or more). Glad we can shut doors to the formal living room where the tree is. Otherwise I think we would have serious issues! Hopefully he doesn't think it is real though and mark it...
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 00:56

Our house is only two small bedrooms and one medium sized open room so Suki has free range. I think all the lights and hanging decorations would just be a bit too tempting for her at her age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 09:14

Haha i'm buying pressies for the boys Big Grin I'm so far getting them a new kong each, boomer ball, stag bar each and prob so random things Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 09:28

bbimson wrote:Hahaha. We do presents and a stocking. Usually things like special treats and a squeeky toy or two (or more). Glad we can shut doors to the formal living room where the tree is. Otherwise I think we would have serious issues! Hopefully he doesn't think it is real though and mark it...

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 10:06

I have no room for a christmas tree so i havent got to worry about Cairo near one lol.Last year she got a coat,some toys and treats.She gets loads from my mate as well,because i dont have any kids and i buy presents for her kids,she always buys for my fur baby instead lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by milliemoosmum Wed Oct 26 2011, 11:14

i buy christmas gifts for them and on birthdays my millie has a party!

complete with dog gift bags!

milliemoosmum
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : millie
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 11:30

I get Lexi a little stocking from poundland. I don't really think she understands christmas but it makes ME feel nice lol She then gets an xmas dinner and usually gets to sleep in my bed as a treat.

The horses get their own xmas dinner (the veg peelings Laughing) and sometimes i get them a little bag of treats

The cat gets a turkey that is larger than itself so i reckon he is happy with that, i aslo always get a red collar to look xmassy but he always gets it off within minutes then i never see it again.

The budgies get a few veggies and maybe a new toy and some xmas decorations lol

The fish don't really get anything...although i wonder if there is a tree decoration for fish tanks...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 11:32

christmas in your house will be great but expensive LOL <:-P all those spoilt animals. do you remember to get you and the OH something as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 12:12

Tyson was only a wee little fellow last year. This year I will more than likely get him a special treat. A tree and decorations are out .............far too much temptation I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Oct 26 2011, 12:19

I don't think we'll have any Christmas decorations either - I don't much care for Christmas, and Violet has had a go at every single Halloween decoration that we've put up (her life won't be complete until she has killed dead that glitter spider!). She's very spoiled, so she'll definitely get a Christmas present, maybe a nice big cushion or something since she's outgrowing her wee dog bed that she never sits in anyways.
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Oct 27 2011, 12:51

We used to get my old boy a present every christmas and birthday. He used to have a dog stocking, (the one's ready made, with a wee rawhide shoe, treats and a christmas cracker squeaky toy) and we used to get hima new stuffed toy (which would be destroyed by boxing day) and a tug toy or something.
Not sure what to get Tinkerbell, she doesn't play with toys really except her tug toy. She doesn't do anything with stuffed toys because she has been taught by the previous owner not to chew the kids toys. Not sure she has had many toys, because she doesn't know what to do with them bless her! Might have a look for a nice comfy harness for her, or a warm hoodie for her to roll around in the mud and get stinking in Laughing
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 17:32

may aswell just give woody the wrapping paper as he loves tearing paper up! he got a cuddly santa last year and he killed it within minutes!

my mum bought him some presents too and for my sisters dog - sis was bit miffed cos in 12 previous years of her having the dog mum never bought her anything before!!! she reckons woody is the golden "grandbaby"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Oct 27 2011, 18:28

Will probably get Jack a nice pigs ear for Christmas, he hasn't had one of those for a while.
Dan
Dan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jack - Max
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years - 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Male
Support total : 107

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Oct 27 2011, 18:36

We got Rocky just a few days before Christmas last year so everything was a bit rushed.
This year we can take our time and find some great pressies for him. I love Christmastime and tend to act like a big kid putting decorations up and having Christmas music on and the tree. I come from a family of 3 brothers I am the youngest so I guess that's why. It seems very odd now because it is just me Rocky and my hubby, too quiet really.
Still, I can't wait to put the pressies in the stockings and put the mince pie out for Santa. >Big Grin<
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Oct 30 2011, 11:47

We just got a Boomer Ball to put in Rockys Christmas stocking, hope he likes it. Been getting a few things every month and putting them away. Sure he has more stuff for Christmas this year than any kid around here. Laughing
Why do this?? Because he's worth it.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30 2011, 11:50

just ordered 2 of these ready for the training centre christmas party. they'll look good on them at christmas cos matthew always dresses up as santa every year

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Novelties-Gifts-Bandana-Collar/dp/B002Y9Y222/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319975293&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Oct 30 2011, 13:59

Tk max have these hard rubber balls that have holes in to stuff treats inside them they look staffy prove so milly is having one of those.And also a Leather harness.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Oct 30 2011, 14:01

Morrisons supermarket are doing these raw hide christmas crackers with tiny coloured raw hide bones in the centre.Ive got some for my dogs they look so cute
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down