MILLY STINKS!!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

MILLY STINKS!!!!!! Empty MILLY STINKS!!!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 18:40

Milly passes wind and we all leave the room cos of the smell is this normal? i dont know

Back to top Go down

MILLY STINKS!!!!!! Empty Re: MILLY STINKS!!!!!!

Post by Steve Tue Nov 02 2010, 18:47

did you give her some chicken or something? when my dog's have the left over of sunday dinner OMG they passes wind like no business for a few days and it smell really bad

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 18:48

No just the puppy food we were told not to give her anything else because of her age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Nov 02 2010, 18:50

yes she abit young... lol yea some dog are really bad and some are ok i got 3 smelly Laughing

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 18:54

She is not a bit lady like Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Nov 02 2010, 20:17

I always wondered that cause my 2 eat the same my girl dont trump but he stinks hes a right trumper.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 20:21

Milly Moo looks great obviously she doesn't smell so good, but i love them when there that small, cant believe how quick Samson grew

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Nov 02 2010, 20:23

my sam does really loud one sometime lmao he look and just smiles angry marty they grow far to fast

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 20:28

One plus of having a blocked nose at the mo......bet dog is thinking he didn't even react that was the best one I've ever produced frustrated

Last edited by BlueStaffBlue on Tue Nov 02 2010, 21:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 20:54

What are you feeding her?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 21:33

oooooh yes staffys are verry good at passing smelly wind it totally normal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:29

She makes sounds aswell, we are feeding her Royal Canin is that ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:30

She is cute Marty but into everything her colour is just like Samson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:37

royle cainine is really good its what a lot of us feed
but we have also found that this may be cousing the wind but the benifits outway the negatives thats why i myself put up with the smell as they thrive on it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:41

Try raw feeding - much less poop & much less smell!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:41

Do you just give that on its own or should I be mixing it never had a staff before and my other dog Lady will only eat Pedigree Chum she's a old girl and very fussy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:44

sorry who was that question for milly moo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:45

Also another question sorry to be a pain, should i be getting up in the night to take her out she sleeps upstairs but still has little accidents sometimes in the night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:46

Sorry it was for you Bigwazza should I give the Royal Canin on its own or mix Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:50

believe me your not being a pain all questions are important to you
i would be taken her out as late as you can leave it before going to bed and if she wakes in the nite try to train her to wait till the morning and take her straight out first thing when you get up

were is she sleeping when upstairs her bed your bed or crate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:53

and re the food just on its own but you can add a little bit of cod or salmon liver oil on top for her coat (you can see what it does in my profile pic)
and if she struggles with her food you can soak it in a tiny bit warm water to sofen it a bit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 22:53

For the first few weeks I always get up at around 3 or 4am & take a new pup out into the garden for a pee. After that, I leave it later & later till it's morning & they've gone all night without a problem!

If you crate train a pup it can help with house training as pups don't normally like to mess in their beds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:03

Thanks for all the help she sleeps upstairs in her bed in my son,s room we take her out before we go to bed and i am up at 6.30 with her. She goes in her cage for a couple of hours a day while we at work and she never does anything in that ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:05

Oh and she dosent struggle with her food proper greedy, can you buy the cod/salmon oil from vets or is ours ok for them and should I put it with every meal, we are currentley feeding her 3 times a day?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:08

she will love going in her cage during the nite to sleep she will feel safe warm and as caryll says it makes it soooo much easyer to get her trained as they dont like to toilet in there space and it does wonders for bringing them on in the toilet training

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:09

MILLY-MOO wrote:Thanks for all the help she sleeps upstairs in her bed in my son,s room we take her out before we go to bed and i am up at 6.30 with her. She goes in her cage for a couple of hours a day while we at work and she never does anything in that ?

You probably need to get up earlier for a while, or crate her overnight. Personally, I'd prefer to do both! My last 3 dogs have been crated & I'd still get up at 4am to let them relieve themselves till they were about 5 or 6 months old.

Note the fact that she doesn't do anything in her crate when you leave her. That's because her mother will have taught her not to do it in the 'nest', and she'll associate the crate with her bed/nest/den.

I wouldn't put cod/salmon liver oiol on every meal, too much can be harmful. A teaspoon or two once or twice a week is all she needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:11

Should we take the cage upstairs then, she still cries for 5 mins or so wen we leave her in it I feel like she tugging at my heart strings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:12

no ours is fine and just put it on one meal about two three times a week
and in a couple of weeks time you can put a raw egg in with her food a couple of times a week to thay love it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:15

MILLY-MOO wrote:Should we take the cage upstairs then, she still cries for 5 mins or so wen we leave her in it I feel like she tugging at my heart strings

I leave our crate in the kitchen & they all got used to it within about a week. I know a lot of people take the crate into their own room, it really depends on what you want yourself. I know it's hard when they cry, but they soon get used to it, and they'll come to look on a crate as their own personal 'den'. My kids, for example, have never been allowed to muck about with the dogs crate as it's his own personal 'safe' place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:18

MILLY-MOO wrote:Should we take the cage upstairs then, she still cries for 5 mins or so wen we leave her in it I feel like she tugging at my heart strings

i know its really hard but i would leave it down stairs and dont be tempted to stay up with her
i will admite when i got memphis i did that my self for the first week after that a would let him cry for slightly longer before cheacking on him and within a week he stoped completly crying and sleep straight through
it think they soon relise you are coming back and they dont relise how long they been a sleep
if you stop with them they can here you and it disrupts there sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:18

Thanks Caryll it just my Dad is old school and goes mad saying it is cruel and that dogs shouldnt be caged

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:21

Thanks also Bigwazza for all your help tonight it is really appreciated just want to do the best for her, my other dog lady is 14 and she is still really health and well we just want the same for Milly but we know we are going to have to be firmer with her .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:24

MILLY-MOO wrote:Thanks Caryll it just my Dad is old school and goes mad saying it is cruel and that dogs shouldnt be caged
you will also find a crate is invaluble in the training and when you have to leave her on her own as staffys can be distructive when left and a crated pup is a safe pup and as i say your house is safe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02 2010, 23:38

We don't call it a cage - it's a crate. Actaully, nowadays we just call it his bed, and he often goes and lies down in it on his own when he's tired. He absolutely loves it. And now Dempsey can be trusted a little more, the door is left open at night but he doesn't venture out, he enjoys his sleep too much!!
We still close it during the day if we're out, but that's for his own safety - he'll chew & swallow anything that'll fit between his teeth!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 09:29

i leave memphis in his crate when i go out with the door locked, but as soon as i get back in the first thing i do is open the back door so he can go out, then his crate door gets opened.
and it not uncommon for him to just lie there for an hour or so before he will deside to come out he loves it that much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:21

Re the smelly wind thing i find charcol biscuits/tablets help sooooo much and i wouldnt be without them now. I ran out last week and neither of mine ad any for a few days and OH MY GOD! I will never let myself run out again put it that way! I buy bono ones....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:27

blaze666 wrote:Re the smelly wind thing i find charcol biscuits/tablets help sooooo much and i wouldnt be without them now. I ran out last week and neither of mine ad any for a few days and OH MY GOD! I will never let myself run out again put it that way! I buy bono ones....

will give them a try aswell blaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 11:31

Yea do wazza....my mums bf told be about it as he's kept staffs all his life and i remember when i was really little him having a red staff called sarge and he said that his wind was terrible and used the tablets with him. To be honest i thought it was a bit of a old wives tale when he first told me but thought it give it a go anyway and was amazed after a week of giving Ty 2 charcol bono biscuits a day the difference it made!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 12:03

blaze666 wrote:Re the smelly wind thing i find charcol biscuits/tablets help sooooo much and i wouldnt be without them now. I ran out last week and neither of mine ad any for a few days and OH MY GOD! I will never let myself run out again put it that way! I buy bono ones....

I've used the tablets from time to time, and they really do work. The charcoal biscuits can upset some stomachs, but the tablets seem fine.

When you think, they use charcoal to filter dirty water in africa, so maybe it also filters out smells!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 13:05

they also use char-coal to filter poison out of a dog/humans body after ingestion so they must classifie staffy gas as i bio hazard lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 13:13

bigwazza wrote:they also use char-coal to filter poison out of a dog/humans body after ingestion so they must classifie staffy gas as i bio hazard lol
its definitely a bio hazard eeeeew!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03 2010, 21:05

Milly Moo, i used a crate for the 1st time with Samson, he loves his crate goes in there himself when he wants a bit of quite time, and he's never messed in there once, i got Samson on a friday night and stayed in the kitchen with him till the Sunday night and took him out every half hour and by the sunday he went to the back door himself to go out. only had a couple of accidents in the house but that was more marking his space i think.
My mam used to train guide dogs and they are also kept in crates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 04 2010, 07:19

Thanks Marty I am getting better with it and she has just had 2 cleam nights so fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Post by staffyjaff Sun Nov 14 2010, 18:58

try charcoal biscuits, seems to help ours

staffyjaff
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 19:27

blaze666 wrote:Yea do wazza....my mums bf told be about it as he's kept staffs all his life and i remember when i was really little him having a red staff called sarge and he said that his wind was terrible and used the tablets with him. To be honest i thought it was a bit of a old wives tale when he first told me but thought it give it a go anyway and was amazed after a week of giving Ty 2 charcol bono biscuits a day the difference it made!

i will try them with Katie, cause shes always breaking wind and boy does it stink, i think its more prevalent in staffys than other dogs, i have two other dogs and they never seem too break wind eeeeew!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down