So upset

4 posters

Go down

Crying So upset

Post by Ruby&Me Mon Oct 17 2011, 15:40

I have been working as a self employed barber in a shop since May. The owner, Tracey, Has a 5 year old daughter and since May i have been there to open up, to work my day off when she has to be somewhere, to work on my own for days on end when she decides to swan off on holiday..............MUG!!
On saturday i received a text from Tracey saying "Hi Carla tried calling you but no answer but just to say im really sorry but no work for a week or two, i will have to work the shop on my own as for some reason we are really dead and i need to pay the bills myself x dont know why its quiet however i have told Ashleigh the same (same princess Ashleigh i have ranted about in the past) but she is coming in a day or so to train up but with no wages (bulls**t) x

Ive just had a week off holliday (unpaid as im self employed), and im skint as it is! My husband is seething as he has been telling me for weeks she is using me, and that the barbers only opened in January and its not established enough, she shouldnt have taken on staff!!!..etc etc

I explained to her that I simply couldnt afford not to work, and she leaves me with no option but to find another job! Only.............there are no jobs! I was on the job center website and she still has an advert up advertising for a full time barber?!?!? angry

i just dont know what im going to do...........i really want to cry but i cant Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

sorry for the rant just had to let it out xxxxxxx
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
So upset  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: So upset

Post by Steve Mon Oct 17 2011, 15:46

Surprised if she just goes off on holiday without letting u before hand sound like your better off finding a new ojb you cant live like that!!

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 17 2011, 15:47

Oh love its never easy. I lost my job last year and was in bits, single with a dog and a mortgage and no income. I got a job within the month and haven't looked back, done me a favour really now I look back at it, and as will you eventually.

The job centre is a vile place and very disheartening. Your so called friend has to do what she has to do and you will get another job, your lucky because being a barber there will always be work for you. Have a look in salon windows as I find places like that rarely advertise in the job centre.

And by all means have a cry or take Ruby out and get some air. It looks bad now but it will work itself out, it always does Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby&Me Mon Oct 17 2011, 15:55

Thank you,
Im not too bothered about the barbering thing or hairdressing, ill do pretty much anything, ive applied for a cleaning job, cleaning show homes. Great hours espesh with Ruby and Beau. Its 7am-10am then 5pm-8pm ill be home all day!!! the woman i spoke to was also ex hairdresser and said i sounded smashing and i was perfect! wages are'nt bad either £6.50 an hour with 27+ hrs a week¬!!!!

Im keeping my eyes peeled tho, wish i never had to work....
Ruby&Me
Ruby&Me
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
So upset  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ruby and Beau
Dog Gender(s) : Girl and Boy <3
Support total : 9

https://www.facebook.com/CarlaMOFO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 16:12

Sorry to hear this Carla, rant all you like, cry if you have to. >Big Grin<
Like Janey we have had to go through some very unsettling times in the last 2 years after the company my hubby was employed with for 29 years announced it was closing in 6 months.
He had worked his way up to senior management over the years, but with no formal qualification it narrowed down the jobs out there. Being 51yrs old and as we all know there's no such thing as age discrimination in employment (B**lsh*t), it made it even tougher.
Hang in there, I'm sure the right job/position will appear, we have had to make some huge changes in our lives but things are starting to look up and the best thing you can do is try and stay positive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 16:19

well done you for getting out there and getting another job straight away -tell the "friend" to shove her job where there aint no sunshine!!!

im lucky in that i have been in the same job for 20 years since leaving school and have never experienced this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 19:02

Good luck Carla, you will get a job soon, it's meant to be
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 19:23

Could you not do mobile work if your already self employed or rent a chair in another salon and take her customers at least it would be a positive move for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Oct 17 2011, 20:43

I was just about to suggest the same as Marty. Mobile hairdressers/barbers somtimes work around industrial estates around here (Bedford). If you wanted to stay with that kind of work it maybe worth advertising around your area, just pop into the offices of factories and ask if anyone would be interested. They can't shot you for asking. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and rant away all you like we are all very friendly here and don't mind. thumbs up
Don't forget you are a star
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 21:01

What a cow! At least you have the chance of another job straight away - the job centres are horrible places.

Marty wrote:Could you not do mobile work if your already self employed or rent a chair in another salon and take her customers at least it would be a positive move for you

That sounds good - it might not bring you full-time wages, but it may help to boost what you're getting elsewhere!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17 2011, 23:08

That's teerible news and hope it all works out for you. Sometimes losing a job can open a door to a great opportunity though so try not to be too sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down