Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry )

Go down

Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry ) Empty Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry )

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 02:52

Ok, not too sure how to explain this so sorry if it does'nt sound right.

Yesterday when picking up after my girl RoXy, her poos seemed to have a bit of a gel-like look to them. ( not the whole thing, just partially ) Is this normal, and what causes it?

Sorry, not the nicest thing to talk about.

Back to top Go down

Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry ) Empty Re: Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry )

Post by maria0077 Sat Oct 01 2011, 09:02

Hi,
Stella has this sometimes.
Some 2 weeks ago I gave her a bone and she must have swollowed a too big piece or something. And I left her in the garden unattended and she was chewing the fence (sharp wooden pieces, she even threw up just a pile of it)... She had even blood in the mucous that day and it was just the mucous (gel) stuff, not a normal poo at all, so I rushed to a vet, she got ATB injection and chicken+rice diet and it got fine within 24 hours.
She had it today morning again, it was just a wee bit of the mucous with otherwise normal number so I think she just had to eat something, when chewing sticks (branches) in the park or something.
So if she is cheerful and normal I'd wait a day and see.
But maybe somebody will tell something else;-)
Good Luck, I'm sure it'll be fine Tongues
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry ) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry ) Empty Re: Toilet talk......Number twos ( sorry )

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 12:25

Generally when they look a bit mucous like it's because the anal glands have been emptied which covers it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 12:49

ella wrote:Generally when they look a bit mucous like it's because the anal glands have been emptied which covers it Smile

So, is that a good thing or a bad thing ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 12:54

I would think a good thing. But I'm overcautious and will run Suki to the vet for anything I think might could be an issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 13:07

Loopy wrote:
ella wrote:Generally when they look a bit mucous like it's because the anal glands have been emptied which covers it Smile

Good thing it stops them getting full and causing discomfort for the dog Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 13:27

ella wrote:
Loopy wrote:

Good thing it stops them getting full and causing discomfort for the dog Smile

Ok, cool.....thanx for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 13:50

s'ok Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01 2011, 14:07

I agree with Ella, if it's not sloppy or too hard, I wouldn't worry about it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down