Still not been out for our morning walk.....

4 posters

Go down

Still not been out for our morning walk..... Empty Still not been out for our morning walk.....

Post by loubop Tue Sep 27 2011, 09:44

I was up at my usual time to take the boy for his morning walk. He didnt rush to say hello to me, but he doesnt always, but he looked up and wagged his tail and let me pat him. With a wee bit of persuasion, which he does sometimes need, i got his harness and lead on. Went out the front door and he just stopped. This isn't the first time hes done this, but usually once i start walking he follows on and then in no time is trying to walk me!!

This morning tho, i had to keep giving little tugs to keep him moving, we kept stopping, just no interest in walking from him. So basically, he did the toilet and started heading back towards the house. We went back inside, he ate his breakfast no bother and then procedued to play with his toys and rawhide. He seems in an ok mood to be fair.

Tride again to take him out for a walk, but no interest once again, but did do a pee for me.

Inside again and quite happy with his pnut butter ball. And not being hyper for not having a walk yet.

Does anyone elses dogs sometimes do this? Have just a bit of an "off" day? Mind you, the weathers a bit minging, dont blame him for not wanting to go out. Will try again later tho!!
loubop
loubop
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buddy
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Still not been out for our morning walk..... Empty Re: Still not been out for our morning walk.....

Post by janey Tue Sep 27 2011, 09:48

If its raining I have know chance of getting her out, not even for a wee, any other time I just need to mantion the 'w' word and she is waiting by the door Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Still not been out for our morning walk..... Empty Re: Still not been out for our morning walk.....

Post by loubop Tue Sep 27 2011, 10:12

its not raining anymore, will try agian shortly, but for now he s snoozing!
loubop
loubop

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 27 2011, 10:26

Its a dogs life cloud9
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 13:10

Could be the weather, we all feel a bit off every now and then. As long as he is eating and drinking normally you shouldn't worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Sep 27 2011, 13:18

I agree it could be the weather. Tinkerbell doesn't like the wind and rain so she will come for a walk but will stop every now and again and want to go home! I think the wind especially spooks her sometimes, as when we get a big gust she jumps and runs to the end of the lead to try and escape the noise!

Hope he is back to his normal self tomorrow!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by loubop Tue Sep 27 2011, 13:43

Dog walker took him out, appparently ok, but i have a wonderment of issues with her..... she may be on the out...... anyhoo, my friend that hes inlove with (use to live with, but not the one who official owned him) is now here and hes full of beans, and by that i mean trying to hump him, in the usual manner!

Will see what hes like when i take him out later.

p.s. everybody is always so supportive and friendly on here!!
loubop
loubop

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 13:52

Hope it works out for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 13:58

It was showering here this morning, and Vlad usually goes outside with his breakfast at around 7am and stays out there for hours (we have a big undercover area and he has a kennel that he plays in and sleeps in during the day). This morning he cried and howled and barked at the back door... was awful! He did all his business out there. Late this afternoon/early evening it started to rain a little bit again while we were out playing, so we stayed out for a little bit and kept playing to show him there was nothing to worry about. We then went in the under cover area, he had a big drink, then went straight back out LOL. Little so-and-so!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Tue Sep 27 2011, 14:01

Unless it's sunny, with no breeze, it can be difficult to get Violet to go out a walk.When it's windy, she closes her eyes and won't move. If it's cold, she cries and glues herself to the doorstep. If it's raining, she pretty much refuses to go out - she can be tricked into it if you put her coat on, but then the main part of the walk is hopping over puddles and trying to find bits of dry ground to walk on. Oh, and if it's dark, she'll maybe go out for a pee, but only maybe.

I have absolutely no idea what we'll do when the snow comes, but I'm certain that Violet will definitely not be out making a snowdog...
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 27 2011, 14:32

linzy wrote:

I have absolutely no idea what we'll do when the snow comes, but I'm certain that Violet will definitely not be out making a snowdog...

Moo is the same, but she LOVED the snow, it was so much fun! Strange little creatures Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 15:01

if its rubbish weather i wouldnt want to walk in it either LOL
i think any dog can have a lazey off day its if those lazey off days get to be too many you start to worry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27 2011, 15:30

billy hates the rain as well, dont know about the snow, he was only a little puppy when it was here last year

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by loubop Wed Sep 28 2011, 08:58

He was fine this morning.

Apparently it was sleeting here on sunday night! But thats about right, giving when the snow started last year and how long it lasted!
loubop
loubop

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 28 2011, 09:03

Oh thats good news, we are in for a heat wave here so no chance of snow or rain Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28 2011, 10:12

Cairo has days when shes a lazy dog.I think she get it from me lol.She also hates the rain but will roll in the snow silly lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down