Morning walk --wonder why?

2 posters

Go down

Morning walk --wonder why? Empty Morning walk --wonder why?

Post by izzyrose Mon Jul 18 2016, 09:50

Libby was about 2years old and a rescue dog, we have had her for about 2years now, of course there have been a few incidents, that we have overcome, and she is the most lovable girl you could ever wish, no problems at home , very bonded to me, our garden is fairly big, and she has great joy racing around, trying to catch pigeons, playing with toys and chasing shadows. Unfortunately we can only give her one long walk a day, but that is over fields and in the open, wet days there is a road walk, and she is good socializing with other dogs. This walk is very regular same time every day with my husband , who she loves as much as me. What I am getting to, is that suddenly she gets so far, then no amount of coaxing treats will get her any further, she is always off the lead in the fields, and this morning my husband was walking on thinking as usual she was following, and no where to be seen, when he got home she was by the back gate. The other days she just refuses to go. I feel she is missing so much, should I hope this will just pass, would welcome some advice. Just to say again, she is a brilliant little girl, obedient, clever, and does love being with us, we are retired so home all day with her and our very old staff.

izzyrose
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Zak and Libby
Dog(s) Ages : 11years and 2years
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Morning walk --wonder why? Empty Re: Morning walk --wonder why?

Post by -Ian- Mon Jul 18 2016, 13:13

As I'm sure you are aware, Staffies can be very stubborn when they want Rolling Eyes

Don't worry too much that one good walk a day isn't enough, it very often is so long as they get the exercise and stimulation to keep them active in mind and body.

my girl will do similar things i.e. stop dead, sit, lay down, basically become a rock if she doesn't want to go for a walk. You could try a different route lets say turn left out the gate instead of right and then double back on the other side of the road. Another trick is to leave really excitedly, normally when my girl gets to the park she is fine, it's just getting there.

Now that said, if the car is there she will make it obvious that should you pop her in that then she will happily go to her big park. Sometimes I think they are too smart for their own good.

Always make sure though, that there isn't something troubling her like an injury or something that she has to walk passed which is causing anxiety.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Morning walk --wonder why? B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down