Another case of breed prejudice :(

2 posters

Go down

Another case of breed prejudice :( Empty Another case of breed prejudice :(

Post by Cody Mon Sep 26 2011, 12:48

My husbands family have a caravan permantly on a site in Cornwall. They have always allowed dogs and they used to take their Golden Retriever there before she was PTS. We have always said that we will take Cody there for a week away as its a lovely place with lovely people. But unfortunately we can't now...

The site has banned ALL Staffs! I was so angry when I heard about this. One of our family friends also has a caravan and takes their 2 dogs down, one of which is a Staff. He is such a beautiful little man with a gorgeous personallity but it was him that got the breed banned...but it wasn't his fault.

Another dog that visits the campsite regularily was out and about (not on a lead I might add) and ran up to their staff and went for him, really viciously. Obviously he retaliated but all he did was bark and give a growl, never moved, never bared his teeth or anything. This other dogs owner went to the guy who owns the site and told him that the staff went for his dog first and was trying to bite it and was being really vicious!!!! And the site owner was spouting all kinds of stuff about Staffys and how dangerous they are and they should be illegal to own...

This has now lead to all Staffs being banned on the site and I am very angry about this. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do as its a privately owned site but I couldn't believe it when we were told. Some people are so blinkered and foolishly believe everything they read...
Cody
Cody
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Another case of breed prejudice :( Empty Re: Another case of breed prejudice :(

Post by janey Mon Sep 26 2011, 13:00

How disapointing, and its not the first place I have heard of that has done this Sad some people have a very blinkered opinion of the breed its unreal.

What would happen if you just went without knowing?! Would they have turned you away?! To be honest its done you a favour, you won't be lining there pockets with any of your money. Silly people Sad
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 13:05

Sad to hear. I'm sure there is another option available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cody Mon Sep 26 2011, 13:10

I'm not sure if they would turn us away but we wouldn't want to risk it as its a 4 1/2 hour drive from where we live. We could probably get away with it while Cody is still little because he doesn't look like a big hard staff yet as he's getting a bit leggy but its such a shame. I'm sure we will find somewhere that is just as nice where we can take him instead Smile
Cody
Cody

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Cody
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26 2011, 14:19

If it were me, I would talk to the site owner and say that if he does not change his policy, I will remove my caravan and find an other location that does not discriminate. If it's been there for a long time, he won't want to lose the business. Even if you can't actually get the caravan removed, the threat could be enough to talk some sense into him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down