This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment )

+5
spuker1
janey
four leaf clover
Scubasteve
maria0077
9 posters

Go down

This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment ) Empty This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment )

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 09:44

Since joining this forum I have learnt so much and grown in many ways.

I can honestly say I was quite naive (sp?) when I got my RoXy as a pup and have learnt so much from all you wonderful people. You really are a wealth of knowledge.

First mistake I made was getting her from a Gumtree Advert ( although i'm not knocking her coz I just love her to bits ) Looking at her with other Staffys and in her pics it is clear as mud that she is a "X" As a teeny-tiny pup it's so hard to tell, but as they grow and develop you notice the differences. I am thankful however that I have given her a wonderful loving, caring home. Who knows what dog got to the mother before the so-called dad did????????

I have also learnt so much more from this wonderful place I spend so much of my free-time on Blushing and made some great friendships along the way. It's strange how chatting online and reading peoples posts and seeing pics makes you feel that way.

Now RoXy is fed RAW thanks to all the info I've gained, although I still have a lot to learn.

So thanks all for your help and guidance so far ................

Back to top Go down

This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment ) Empty Re: This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment )

Post by maria0077 Sun Sep 25 2011, 10:06

Hi,
I can only agree with you!
I'm here several times every day and I'm learning so much, it's just great,
thank you all a lot Love Struck
I'm sure that my wee monster Stella is a much happier dog because I can avoid many mistakes and calm down my many worries by reading posts here Tongues
She's 4 months and when I read posts of people with older and wilder pups sometimes I'm laughing "Oh God so it will even get worse!!!" Laughing Laughing
But I know that I can come here and find some info, advice, shared experience and stuff and I'm enjoying every minute with my cheeky monkey because she's such a sweetheart. Staffies are fantastic and so is this forum,
thanX applause Wink
maria0077
maria0077
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment ) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Stella & Kai
Dog(s) Ages : Born May 2011 & Oct 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment ) Empty Re: This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment )

Post by Scubasteve Sun Sep 25 2011, 10:56

I agree too! This morning the first thing I did after getting up and feeding the dog and kids is to sit here and read posts whilst I had some quiet time!

I am often here throughout the day, and I have learned so much in this last 6 weeks. We also got Tinkerbell from gumtree, and whilst she was older at 15 months we still didn't know what we were getting. As it happens she is an absolute star and has made me love and appreciate staffies even more!
She is our first staff, and we have a lot to learn along the way but I am already attached to the breed!

The only thing is not having enough knowledge on the breed before getting her. Had I come here ages ago then we would have had a staffie much sooner, but then again she was in the right place at the right time. We have yet to experience "problems" with her, and hopefully we won't as she is smashing. Yet the advice I have been asking for regarding her pulling on the lead and over excitment towards other dogs has been great. And with the help from here we are cracking it with her making her a joy to walk!

And she has helped change the views of my family on staffies, my parents especially my mam thinks she is great. A big thing for her as she is a collie woman and nothing else can beat a collie. But she is beginning to see the bond that has formed between my children and Tinkerbell and has seen how good she is around them! Big Grin

So glad I joined this forum. I did look at others before intially posting but here seemed the best to me and I am so glad I choose this one! Big Grin
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by four leaf clover Sun Sep 25 2011, 11:01

Aww, group hug! LOL >Big Grin<
four leaf clover
four leaf clover
This site has taught me so much...... ( having a deep and meaningful moment ) Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Clover
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Females
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 11:03

four leaf clover wrote:Aww, group hug! LOL >Big Grin<

group hug

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Sep 25 2011, 11:07

group hug I couldn't get through my days without you guys, and its not just the dogs either, although its great we all have something in commen. For that I can't thank you all enough >Big Grin<
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 11:32

Same here I have learnt lots and the people on the forum are so friendly
What would I do without it

Well done mr steamy
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Sun Sep 25 2011, 12:19

I was thinking the same thing few days ago. i don't know what we would do without you all!
everyone is so friendly here! and the amount of knowledge and experiences we can share to help each other - it's amazing!Love Struck
i wish i could visit here more often and have more time to look at all posts and reply... Sad

group hug

you help us all every day and we still have A LOT to learn but at least we know where to look for Smile
spuker1
spuker1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 12:52

group hug I love this site Smile but been to busy recently to be on much Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 13:17

I too have learned heaps from being on here and I think I was very lucky that my older girl was an angel from the moment I met her, and still is. Love Struck
Along came Izzy some 12 years later and she is a completely different kettle of fish. I love her crazy nature, but I feel so much better knowing I can come here and search for an answer to my problem or ask a question without being shot down in flames for not knowing.
Having moved to a new state where we didn't know anyone, this forum has been great for me as I have found somewhere to chat about something I love on line to other members but I've also managed to meet some wonderful people in person who have helped me settle in and feel a sense of belonging to where we are now.
It's a bit sad though - the only people I have met outside work since we've been here in Perth are friends I've chatted to off a travel forum over the last 3 years and the one's I've met off here.
What a sad case!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 13:23

Dogalogs88 wrote:Having moved to a new state where we didn't know anyone, this forum has been great for me as I have found somewhere to chat about something I love on line to other members but I've also managed to meet some wonderful people in person who have helped me settle in and feel a sense of belonging to where we are now.
It's a bit sad though - the only people I have met outside work since we've been here in Perth are friends I've chatted to off a travel forum over the last 3 years and the one's I've met off here.
What a sad case!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's NOT sad at all that you've made friends with online friends...... Outside of work and family times and in general, everyday household routines it's hard to find time to get out and about and find people who have similar interests and even harder to work your way into a group of people who have pre-existing friendships.
Now....don't let me hear you say that again shame on you

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Sun Sep 25 2011, 13:34

Im happy i joined this forum learnt so much about staffys.The mods are great.they are always helpful and try to always answer your questions,we found milly on gumtree on the ads.
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 15:21

I think the good thing about this forum is it's cheerful - it's like a family, but not dysfunctional! We can, mostly, laugh at ourselves.

There are very few experts, but loads of experience & every new member builds on that. That's why no question is laughed at or thought of as silly.....most of us have been there ourselves!

It's always good to come on here & chat, or try to help someone or share experience.......or even have a rant!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie Sun Sep 25 2011, 16:05

Must admit I'm so glad I found this forum. Having had 5 staffies before Harry I thought I knew it all Big Grin but every dog is different and my beautiful Harry has been a bit of a challenge although I love him more than words can say. I've learned a lot from him as well as from all of you fellow staffie lovers. group hug

Lizzie

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 25 2011, 18:55

I love the site and spend alot of free time on here. Sometimes a bit too much Laughing It's great to know that if I have a question there are a couple of thousand people there with experience to help me thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by kitten Sun Sep 25 2011, 19:05

agreed
kitten
kitten

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Sun Sep 25 2011, 21:41

All I can say is that I agree. I may have only been posting for a couple days, but I have learned a lot before starting to post! I to was convinced to continue feeding raw by comments on this site (breeder fed raw too). So much good stuff! It is kinda addicting... Big Grin I had a few hesitations due to some bad previous experiences on some bully breed sites here in the states from when I had bulldogs. This is so much better. Just a good group of people (even if y'all are at the other end of the earth), loving on their dogs and the breed! applause
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down