staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home

5 posters

Go down

staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home Empty staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home

Post by ardvark Mon Sep 19 2011, 22:52

Hi, I have unfortunately got a few looooong 8am-9pm shifts over the next few weeks which basically means Milo will be left for 6 hours in our kitchen Sad . He did it last week no probs. but want something other than his bones to keep him occupied. I have seen those toys that let a litle bit of food out if you roll them the right way I like the idea of it but Milo's fed barf, maybe once in a while when we need to we can do this filled with goodies? Any suggestions or ideas??
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home Empty Re: staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home

Post by janey Mon Sep 19 2011, 22:56

Lol Moo gets left max 4 hrs, I got one of those treat things, she wasn't impressed!

I think they just sleep tbh. Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home Empty Re: staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19 2011, 22:59

Best thing i did was got a kong and put a frozen chickens foot init Smile takes them agggges to get them out plus with Milo eating barf it would be fine for him Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19 2011, 23:31

A good long walk before you leave him and a Kong should do the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Sep 20 2011, 06:51

Tinkerbell hasn't been left much, but we did use to have to leave our welsh sheepdog for long days on his own. He had a kong and a few toys, but seemed to spend most of the time sleeping as long as he was walked before hand.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:02

I have a treat ball for Russ, he mastered it very quickly but I give him his breakfast in that instead, and a big bone to chew I also put some kibble in a plastic bottle and put the lid on, takes him ages to master that!

would like to have an idea for something that isn't food to distract him though! he loves getting the washing of the line for me when I'm out Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Tue Sep 20 2011, 11:12

I like the idea with a stuffed kong with a chicken foot in there! Ground raw or small chunks are great for stuffing the kong, and if you freeze it he gets some extra challenges getting it out.

They mostly sleep, though, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20 2011, 12:46

Definatly kongs with frozen bits inside.Nylabones work well too.Cairo loves hers Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by i love leah and lois Tue Sep 20 2011, 14:35

What is kibble ive seen this mentined a few times on here is it some kind of dry food
i love leah and lois
i love leah and lois

Status Status :

Support total : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Tue Sep 20 2011, 15:45

i love leah and lois wrote:What is kibble ive seen this mentined a few times on here is it some kind of dry food
kibble = dry dog or cat food (any other animals get kibble? Ferrets? ) Big Grin
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Wed Sep 21 2011, 23:30

thanks everyone. I do worry because I can't walk him before I go and it's a long time for him. He was fine again today too when my dad came to let hime out before he picked up our children. I really like the idea of the chicken foot in the kong. I have chickens but I want them to remein with their feet intact lol!! So where can I but some chicken feet? I wonder if a chicken wing would work hmmmm! I thought pate or something really scrummy but we feed raw! x
ardvark
ardvark
staff proof (!) treat/toy for Milo....he'll be left alone for 6 hours at home Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 21 2011, 23:50

Why can't you walk before work? Even a 30min pavement walk will do, then another walk whilst your at work, good old dad, and a proper walk when home Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Thu Sep 22 2011, 21:08

janey wrote:

Why can't you walk before work? Even a 30min pavement walk will do, then another walk whilst your at work, good old dad, and a proper walk when home Smile

Hi, it's not really possible before I go to work Janey as my husband leaves really early and I have 3 small children who I have to get ready etc for school/childcare. He gets a proper walk if my husband gets in early enough (ie before the kids go to bed!) but that's rare, alternatively he has a little walk to the green when I get in at about 9.30pm. It's not ideal but it's only once a week for a few weeks and he is otherwise normally very well looked after. It's not possible for my dad to walk either unfourtunately Sad hey ho it's not for long now like I say x
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 12:00

ardvark wrote:thanks everyone. I do worry because I can't walk him before I go and it's a long time for him. He was fine again today too when my dad came to let hime out before he picked up our children. I really like the idea of the chicken foot in the kong. I have chickens but I want them to remein with their feet intact lol!! So where can I but some chicken feet? I wonder if a chicken wing would work hmmmm! I thought pate or something really scrummy but we feed raw! x

I get frozen chicken and duck feet from my local chinese supermarket Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Fri Sep 23 2011, 18:10

we have Gurka (sp?) one in town I wonder if they might have some.....turkey and goose feet season is drawing near, might ask my butcher he'll think I've lost the plot lol!
ardvark
ardvark

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23 2011, 19:12

They may do, where i go also have ducks feet but they are a bit big to fit in a kong Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down