Cyclists!!!!!! Rant alert

4 posters

Go down

Cyclists!!!!!! Rant alert Empty Cyclists!!!!!! Rant alert

Post by kitten Tue Sep 13 2011, 19:56

Idiot on a bike kicked my mother in laws dog!!! He cycled so bloody close to her border collie that he ended up kicking him. He was so close to my Mother in law as well.

He said he rang his bell but neither of us heard him.

So annoyed we would have quite happily moved out of the way for him. He just assumed we heard him. I'm partially deaf. And it was really bloody windy!!!!
kitten
kitten
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Cyclists!!!!!! Rant alert Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ripley
Dog Gender(s) : F
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Cyclists!!!!!! Rant alert Empty Re: Cyclists!!!!!! Rant alert

Post by janey Tue Sep 13 2011, 20:25

Ha ha, one of my pet hates too, I walk along a tow path quite often, it's very narrow, and they come steaming along and nearly run Moo over as she is trotting infront. Now if I have the time I will call her and get her to sit as they pass (never a thanks from them though). Grrr now I don't bother, if they have to break so be it, and Moo usually gets out the way in last second so its them that suffers.

We have as much right to be there than them. It riles me more when they cycle in our woods as they are not permitted, and still have the cheek to eyeball me if she gets in there path!

Sorrry thats my rant too lol, I would have kicked him off, by accident of course! (No offence ment to any responciable cyclists) Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 21:19

We bump into cyclist all the time down the trip its wide enough path so no problems well one time Taz up in the bank covered in shrub and this cyclist was coming past Taz sped to me with his ball nearly collided with the biker but he swerved and lost control and had to ride down a ditch, then carry his bike back up onto the path, he gave Taz a stinking look and then me.....He shouldn't of been going so fast around corners, they know the place is popular for dog walkers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 21:20

If I'm on the pavement & a cyclist wants to get past on the pavement I won't move aside. I just make em wait till there's room to pass! If I've got Dempsey with me, they keep their distance cause Dempsey has a way of looking at cyclists!

Cycling on the pavement is illegal. Even on towpaths, they are supposed to give way to pedestrians, but they rarely do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13 2011, 21:32

Cyclists get me as well they are always going up one way streets in the centre of London they are the couriers cross zebras when they like
angry

Back to top Go down

Post by haddy Tue Sep 13 2011, 21:39

A Classic one i get is "get off the cycle path". (for example it was easyer to move off the pedestrian side because both dogs are on the cycle side)
none of them like to listen to the fact that it is also still a pedestrians right of way, and that i have moved for them to get round.
haddy
haddy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mouse
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Sep 14 2011, 07:15

We don't get this where we lie now, but we used to and I hated it. I always used to call my sheepdog back to me because he used to herd anything that moved with wheels. I never used to get a thankyou, even though I used to keep him close until they passed. What used to annoy me was the speed they used to go, they just seem to think they have the right of way everywhere and go as fast as you can. I used to cycle a lot as a child with my family before we had the dog, and we always used to slow down and warn walkers we were coming. But suppose it just depends if your a selfish or considerate person.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content