Dog Fighting

+2
shakespearesdog
Charlene_Frank
6 posters

Go down

Crying Dog Fighting

Post by Charlene_Frank Thu Sep 08 2011, 15:59

As if I don’t worry enough about my pup.

I was reading our local paper from last week this morning, and I come across the worse article I think I’ve ever read.

Local kids are being £20 to steal dogs, doesn’t matter what kind, age, size, breed!! phbbbbt
And it doesn’t seem to bother them how the get these dogs – they have been breaking in to houses, and 3 kids even took a dog off an old lady in the street!

This is being done for dog fighting

I was horrified reading this story!!

Just makes me worry about Frank being in the house on his own, and then when we start taken him out properly!! Sometimes living in a village where every one knows each others business can be a benefit!!

The sooner the scum paying for stolen dogs if caught the better!! Makes me sick thinking about those poor dogs!!

But sooner or later they are going to try and take the dog from the wrong person! I think I might need to invest in some form of pepper spray!! feeling beat up
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Frank and Tara
Dog(s) Ages : 19 Months and 21 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Crying Re: Dog Fighting

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:04

Oh my god thats HORRIFIC! I'm always worried someone will steal my dog but i've noticed as hes got older hes not as friendly to strangers. I never leave him outside shops or anything.
How awful, do the police know? What sick *.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:09

They're stolen to be used as bait dogs - ie fighting dogs are set on them as 'training'.

SICK.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:11

Yea the police are aware the article said that a group of local youths were approached by some men and offered money to get the dogs, some of the young boys accepted some didn’t.

One of the boys who said no, had his dog stolen that night and this is how it has ended up in the papers! Then the old lady had her dog taken which also ended up in the paper!!!

Frank thinks every human being wants to be his friend just now, and I want him to be good with other people, but at the same time I do not want him being friendly enough to go up to some one who might steal him!!

Was speaking to my manager about it and she has just told me this happened in Dundee about 12 years ago – and the police managed to stop the fights, as they were tipped off where it was going to be happening, she thinks around 70 men/women were arrested for this!!

Sooo scary!
Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:14

Discusting, always makes me wounder where the parents are and how the kids where raised too be involved in something like that.

Shows what low life scum are involved in dog fighting too get kids too steal dogs.

DISCUSTING.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:16

It is very scary a number of dogs have been stolen around here, and there is a known dog fighting ring, not that i know anything about it! but i'd like to think that on the odd occasion that harv is left on his own at home he would defend himself if anyone did break in, as he is well known (in a good way) by people round here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlene_Frank Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:20

Im hoping Frank is the same Ella!!

He barked at me the other night as i come in early hours of the morning with no lights on and didnt think to speak to him hopefully he would defend him self as much as need be!!

Not had Frankie that long but the though of anything happening to him, breaks my heart!!

Complete waste of space the people that are involved in this, just made worse by the fact they have involved kids.
However that said - these kids are 14 - 16 years old and should know better - so i think they should be punshed properly when caught but under our laws they wont be!! slap on the wrist at worse is what they can expect angry

x

Charlene_Frank
Charlene_Frank

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:47

I can't believe people still fight dogs. I don't understand how you can get pleasure from watching two beautiful animals ripping each other up. Its like you breed and condition the most perfect animal you can and then end up scarring and ruining the end product. Whats the appeal?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 16:56

Charlene_Frank wrote:Im hoping Frank is the same Ella!!

He barked at me the other night as i come in early hours of the morning with no lights on and didnt think to speak to him hopefully he would defend him self as much as need be!!

Not had Frankie that long but the though of anything happening to him, breaks my heart!!

Complete waste of space the people that are involved in this, just made worse by the fact they have involved kids.
However that said - these kids are 14 - 16 years old and should know better - so i think they should be punshed properly when caught but under our laws they wont be!! slap on the wrist at worse is what they can expect angry

x

I've had Harvey at bit longer and he's older, but i know he doesn't like people who shouldn't be around our house at night, it's the only time he growls and barks at people, so i think he would definitely defend himself although i don't want him to ever be in that situation Crying or Very sad

It's very sad that the kids involved are so young Sad

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:01

OMG, that just makes my blood boil.

What sort of scum would do such a thing to fight dogs, let alone stealing much loved family pets to satisfy their needs.
ALL animals deserve to live a long and happy life, not be treated like mere objects.

How would these people feel if we put them in the situation they are putting these poor animals in confused Thye would'nt stand a chance just like these poor dogs. Something needs to be done to stop this type of behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:08

I was trying to find some news about this happening in the UK but instead I came across this material from the US:

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2011/09/stolen-dogs-raise-suspicion-of-dog-fighting-ring/

shouldn't really watch this, it just brings tears to my eyes, how people can do such horrible things... poor Abby and her owners Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dog Fighting  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:17

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad shouldn't have watched it! poor Abby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:27

shakespearesdog wrote:I can't believe people still fight dogs. I don't understand how you can get pleasure from watching two beautiful animals ripping each other up. Its like you breed and condition the most perfect animal you can and then end up scarring and ruining the end product. Whats the appeal?

surely anyone even remotely interested in this sort of disgusting and cruel 'sport' have to be sick in the head....

a bullet is too good for scum bags involved!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:41

A lot of dogs have been going missing in Maine lately and there is some speculation that it is for fighting. Saxon is never outside by himself and we live on the second floor in a locked building and he is crated when I am away, but I am still afraid something like this could happen to him. Just be extra careful and vigilant!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Sep 08 2011, 20:10

Makes me so sad that this is going on how do people bring up there children for them to turn into scum like this is beyond me. Crying or Very sad
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 20:48

when lemmy was really little we got a taxi and the taxi driver aske dif he was pitbull i said no staffy to which the taxi driver in a very leering way that i didnt like said "ooohhh good fighter do you fight get lots moeny" i complained to the taxi company and told them i never want himt o pick me up again with or with out the dog but the only thing he already picked us up from the house so he knows where we live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 20:52

you cat even imagine the fear and pain these dogs must feel. so sad for the animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Sep 08 2011, 22:07

It is scary to think of things like this. I never leave Tinkerbell in the garden on her own, and would never leave her tight up around here while I nipped into the shop etc. I don't like the way teenage boys look at her while I amout walking with her on my own, makes me scared thinking they could just pinch her off me. I wouldn't stand a chance and she would go to anyone, she is a rubbish guard dog and doesn't make a sound at the slightest of noises.

A man on the street was found dead hanging out his doorway two nights ago, only 5 doors down. The police were here, ambulances etc at 1am. We slept through it all and so did Tinkerbell so unsure of what she would do if we were broken into.
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 08:15

The trouble is with staffs espeacially is that there love of people means they would litterally go with anyone who had some treats or toys or even just gave them some attention. Kaos will go beserk if he hears someone near our house at night so we always no when somethings not right but thats not 2 say he wouldnt go quite happily with anyone who tryed 2 take him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 10:47

Scubasteve wrote:would never leave her tight up around here while I nipped into the shop etc. I don't like the way teenage boys look at her while I amout walking with her on my own, makes me scared thinking they could just pinch her off me.

I wouldn't leave Dempsey outside a shop either. The looks we get, him being an EBT when most of the other dogs around here are staffs, are unbelievable.

I'm not sure that Dempsey would go with anyone voluntarily, though. He isn't an outwardlt friendly dog, you need to get to know him before he'll greet you properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Fri Sep 09 2011, 11:41

This is soooo sad I hope the people responsible and carrying out these horrible crimes have a very long and painfull death-yes I really mean that angry they are sick in the head no doubts in my mind grrrr.

We live in a 'nice' area but I too would never leave our dog out in the garden let alone tied up in it and neither would I leave him outside a shop. Even when we go for a walk and I go straight on the school run I never even leave him locked up in the car opposite, I always think the worst could happen and some opportunist would be walking by ready to snatch him lol....but possible!! My mum and dad live very rural and there was a spate of thefts involving terriers, there was speculation os was for badger baiting Crying or Very sad I think i'd better go before I cry!
ardvark
ardvark
Dog Fighting  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 12:38

People who are involved with this crap are low life scum, i just had someone add me on fb and checked his profile out and guess what a dog fighter. his dogs are covered in scars, checked his wesite out and he has information on there that proves his a fighter.
http://www.yacuza.net/

There everywhere it goes on all the time and what do they get if caught slap on the f in wrist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Sep 09 2011, 15:04

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:People who are involved with this crap are low life scum, i just had someone add me on fb and checked his profile out and guess what a dog fighter. his dogs are covered in scars, checked his wesite out and he has information on there that proves his a fighter.

There everywhere it goes on all the time and what do they get if caught slap on the f in wrist.

Tinkerbell has a skin allergy that makes her itch. We think it is possible grass allergy or similar. Anyway she has dotted scars on the top of her head, not scars as such but little bald dots. I am so paranoid that someone that sees her out and about will think she has been used for dog fighting. Not even sure if people out and about have noticed them, but because I get close to her I have and know they are there! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Sep 09 2011, 15:08

Just looked at that link and I have to say I don't like the condition some of his dogs are in. Some very skinny dogs there! Sad
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 16:26

Scubasteve wrote:
xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:People who are involved with this crap are low life scum, i just had someone add me on fb and checked his profile out and guess what a dog fighter. his dogs are covered in scars, checked his wesite out and he has information on there that proves his a fighter.

Tinkerbell has a skin allergy that makes her itch. We think it is possible grass allergy or similar. Anyway she has dotted scars on the top of her head, not scars as such but little bald dots. I am so paranoid that someone that sees her out and about will think she has been used for dog fighting. Not even sure if people out and about have noticed them, but because I get close to her I have and know they are there! Sad

This isnt just one dog its about 5 or 6 and more this guy has pics off.

Stanlie has a scar on his lip and face from when my exs gsd attacked him i know what you mean it makes you very paranoid.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 16:33

Also this is the about us bit on his website.

My name is Dimitar Zahariev. I am from Bulgaria.
I have been engaged in raising American Pit Bull Terriers since 2000

Formerly I had raised AST with very good exhibition qualities. In the beginning when we were learning how to walk in "Pit Bull Sport" we started with a loss for 12 minutes with our female dog STELLA. Not long after that in November 2001 we lost again with EROS but this time for 1.52 minutes (Dead game). Then we made a journey to Bosna & Herzrgovina to breed our female dog Yacuza's LILI with the best brood dog in Eastern Europe - Bijeljina Boy's Mr. INDIAN ROM. Seven puppies (5 male and 2 female) were born in January 2002 and now they (achieve success) win prizes and they are at the root of our dog breeding.

In December 2003 we bought from our friend Boban from Stepuevac, Beograd, Serbia & Monte Negro the male May Day Kennel's BIG JOHN who is strong inbriding of Gr. Ch. MAY DAY ROM.

If you look at there females some have 1w 4w etc next too parents names, that means they have been fighting and won.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 16:44

Thats disgusting angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 16:59

hope something really bad happens to the scum bag!!! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 18:37

It makes you so sonfused as how to bring up your dogs, its our duty to bring up well behaved dogs, but things like this wants to make me train my lot to go for anyone who tries to get ahold of them without me being around....but that would only end in tears so what is one to do???????
there is no way out of this vicious cycle.....and it terrifying to be so out of control/out of our hands Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 22:13

Bast*rds! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Fri Sep 09 2011, 22:23

Scubasteve wrote:

i get the same thoughts about Mambo sometimes, he looks like something 'happened to him' - he's got a bold patch on his forehead and patches on his ears because of allergy and scratching... i'm sure some people may actually think they come from fights Sad
but maybe we're just a bit too paranoid Big Grin
spuker1
spuker1
Dog Fighting  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Fri Sep 09 2011, 22:26

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:Also this is the about us bit on his website.
Formerly I had raised AST with very good exhibition qualities. In the beginning when we were learning how to walk in "Pit Bull Sport" we started with a loss for 12 minutes with our female dog STELLA. Not long after that in November 2001 we lost again with EROS but this time for 1.52 minutes (Dead game). Then we made a journey to Bosna & Herzrgovina to breed our female dog Yacuza's LILI with the best brood dog in Eastern Europe - Bijeljina Boy's Mr. INDIAN ROM. Seven puppies (5 male and 2 female) were born in January 2002 and now they (achieve success) win prizes and they are at the root of our dog breeding.

i just can't believe how people are able to raise their dogs and then let them die in a few minutes fight Sad Sad Crying or Very sad
cruelty with no boundaries that is Sad
spuker1
spuker1
Dog Fighting  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 22:28

Caryll wrote:Bast*rds! angry

agree, i kept away from reading this thread cause of the title but had to in the end cause of the amount of posts and i cannot believe what i have read i must live in cuckoo land cause i did not think these things still happened

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 22:31

lynne wrote:
Caryll wrote:Bast*rds! angry

agree, i kept away from reading this thread cause of the title but had to in the end cause of the amount of posts and i cannot believe what i have read i must live in cuckoo land cause i did not think these things still happened

Still happen??? You know those random thugs you avoid with those type of dogs....ask them when their next meeting is and you will see just how close to home it is unfortunatly...Well don't actually ask them i'd hate for something bad to happen because i mentioned it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Fri Sep 09 2011, 23:35

I'm with Vanessa!

What's with all the stupid poses...what are they using to get those poses?! I really like the black and white dog near the end Smile Looking at these dogs actually remind me of our boys' 'look' he looks staff but not proper staff mainly because of his head shape-but will it 'split' I wonder? He looks like a small pit Sad
ardvark
ardvark
Dog Fighting  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Fri Sep 09 2011, 23:42

Oh and I *must put one of those veal skin muzzles on our christmas wishlist!
ardvark
ardvark
Dog Fighting  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10 2011, 01:11

amazingly even in sleepy old Perth, Western Australia, there are 5 missing staffys advertised on gumtree when I was looking last night! They can't all have just wandered off!!

people are always coming up to us with Winston ( think it is his unusual markings) and we have even had people ask if we wanted to sell him! I don't think so!! can't wait till he is desexed and microchipped..might feel abit safer.

to the scum who take people's pets .....well a bullet is too good for them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down