+5
Summerisle
Msigler
gem
janey
Tys mummy
9 posters

Go down

Who do I report it to? Empty Who do I report it to?

Post by Tys mummy Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:41

I took Ty out around the park a few months back and out of no were two scrawny skatty looking poodle type things attacked him. Ty was on lead and they were both off there owner stood and watched while making a ciggy I had to pull them both off him whilst holding Tys lead I managed to get them off and had a good go at the fella who basically told me to F off. He had cuts to his ears and we had a trip to the vet and all was ok. I have seen this fella a few times since and he now walks the other way. Today my boyf took Ty out around the park and guess what the same 2 dogs pounced on Ty who again was on lead the other owner was on the other side of the field while his 2 mangy mutts attacked Ty will managed to get 1 dog by its harness which it managed to wriggle out of and the other came from behind and attacked Tys back legs he has cuts all over him my poor baby. Anyway the owner got there eventually and started to have a go at will saying Ty attacked his dogs to which Will replied this is the second time your dogs have attacked him to which the owner laughed and said this is the first time they have had a fight ever.
Sorry for the long story but to the point I took pics of Ty and went to the police to make a complaint complete waste of time they cant do anything unless they hurt a human. I was livid if it was the other way around the police would have been at my door taking Ty off me. What I want to know is is there anyone else I can report these dogs and there owner to since the police obv dont care there are vicious dogs in the park?
Ty is ok few cuts around his back legs and side but nothing to serious

Sorry its so long lol
Tys mummy
Tys mummy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Who do I report it to? Empty Re: Who do I report it to?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:44

Dog warden/your local council should have the number.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:48

Poor Ty! Attacked twice by the same dogs, hope he's ok.

Phone your local council & ask for the dog warden. Ring them & tell them what's happened & say that the police told you to contact them (ok, little white lie, but I'm sure the police would have said that if they'd thought about it!) and that you want to take matters further - see what they say.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:53

As above, wardens or council, unfourtnatly I doubt very much will ever be done. Sadly that is the way things work. Hope Ty is ok, just keep your call, avoid the area when there about, oh and under your breath tell the owner he is muppet.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:56

Take a big stick and I dont like animal cruelty but protect your boy better still when that dozy plank turns up bang him on the head with it and see how he likes it "rant over" wonder wether he would let the dogs go when presented with a dog who would defend itself ?
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:57

Poor Ty hope he's feeling alright.

Definitely ring your council/ dog warden and tell them that this has happened twice!

Big hugs for Ty

Last edited by ella on Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 21:57

You could also type up a warning in big, bold letters to other owners about what happened to Ty. Laminate it & pin it to a tree where they go regularly. It might not mean anything to the idiots who own the rats-in-wigs, but at least other dog walkers will be aware of them in future!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:06

I actually work for the local council and didnt think about phoning the wardens I shall do that first thing when I get in to work. Caryll I was actually thinking about putting some sort of notice up I was thinking if a little old lady was walking her dog and they attacked she wouldnt be able to hold her dog whilst trying to get the vicious 2 off it. I will print off a notice in the morning and put a few up around the park tomorrow nite even if it only makes people avoid them and the owner its better than nothing.
Ty is doing ok curled up over my legs as I type thanks for your concern and help everyone xx
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:08

Poor fella. As you say, if he'd been the one to attack, the police/dog wardens would've been at your door soon enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:11

I wouldnt mind I told will not to go looking for him the first time maybe if I hadnt stopped him he mite have kept them on a lead this time. I also to will that next time we walk Ty he can bring Storm his staffy and if we see him ask if he would like are 2 to attack 1 of his not that I would ever let them attack but I think if he seen the size of storm he would think again about letting them off lead lol.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:13

I know caryll its stupid it winds me up people cross the road to avoid Ty but he gets attacked by 2 poddly looking things and its ok the police are a JOKE!!
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:16

Some people are so irresponsible yet it's us who get the bad rep just for owning staffys! angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:17

Yep dog warden, i had it twice with stanlie one time a collie and another time was by two small terriers.

Also they will need too know where the guy lives or they cant do anything. Make sure you keep the pics too show and also if anyone was there and saw it you could ask them too be a whitness.

It ridiculous you cant report a dog on dog attack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Sep 06 2011, 22:29

Can you file a lawsuit?

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Tue Sep 06 2011, 23:45

I would have booted the crap out of those dogs...
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 08:25

Caryll wrote:Poor fella. As you say, if he'd been the one to attack, the police/dog wardens would've been at your door soon enough!

perfectly said

i hope he is feeling better today

>Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by agriff Wed Sep 07 2011, 09:25

i would put up a big poster in the park warning other people off the dogs , the dog wardens can be contacted,the vets may have a idea who to contact also local council may help, hope ty is ok and you are ok to
agriff
agriff
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Who do I report it to? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : ice & blue ( basil)
Dog Gender(s) : bitch & male
Support total : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Sep 07 2011, 09:37

I remember now there was a big fuss near me and there was this man with 2 labs and he used to let his dogs off lead and they were very piccy with other dogs. I had seen him around but they never came over to me and I do try to avoid others best I can.
The labs attacked a bull terrier and hes such a big softie so the owner of the bull terrier went to the local paper and they did a story on it showing the injuries and the dog warden got involved that did the trick he never walks them there anymore . You could try naming and shaming the muppet see if he takes notice Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 10:33

Poor Ty!

What a muppet the other owner is! I bet that they attack other dogs quite frequently and he doesn't care. Could you possibly ask any other regular dog walkers there if they've had any probs with them? The more people that complain, the likelier it is that something will be done about it. Strength in numbers! (which unfortunately the offlead rats seemed to have worked out)

Give Ty a big squeeze from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Sep 07 2011, 12:14

Summerisle wrote:I would have booted the crap out of those dogs...

If it happens again I will and the owner just for good measure lol.

I got intouch with the dog warden this morning the very helpful man didnt have a clue so said he would get someone else to phone me back still waiting.
Ty was abit stiff when I got him up this morning but a nice morning walk soon sorted him out and he is now bouncing off his daddys head lol
Thanks again for all of your concern and help I LOVE this site and the great people that are a part of it xx
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 14:44

Problem is dog on dog attacks are not seen too be very important like a dog on human attack would be.

All you can do is keep a record of when the dogs have attacked, get his address and report him.

Sadly shitty owners of any breed of dog seem too be very common these days and it always the dogs that suffer not the owner.

I dont think booting these dogs is the answer either after all the dogs are only as good as the owner, it is him who you should boot not the poor dogs who are in the wrong hands.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Sep 07 2011, 15:03

I would have booted those dogs in the head. I had a german sherpard go for Romeo when he was a puppy and i had to chase it away. It was bloody terrifying.
If the same dog had attacked him now he would retaliate. Poor Ty, i hope these incidents don't make him DA. I would put a big sign up in the park you see them at. At an area near me there was signs everywhere about someone with a 'white cross breed' dog that had attacked and killed a woman's yorkie. It was in the local paper as well.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 15:12

I personally dont think its right to boot a dog i just dont think i could do it then again i am not in tys mums situation and i suppose if it comes too it you do what you feel is best.
I dont know if someone said it on here or another forum they used a stick to wave at the dog sthat where going for hers and it scared them off.

The owner of these out of control dogs needs too take control thats the only way these dogs are going too leave poor ty alone.

Really hope it all gets sorted.

Michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 17:10

There is always some absolute moron that makes it hard for everyone else! angry

Hope the twit gets into trouble..your poor dogs getting attacked twice...makes your blood boil that these irresponsible losers walk the earth! Gggrr!!

Back to top Go down

Post by MarleyAndMe Fri Sep 09 2011, 03:23

If it was me in that situation i would of stuck my foot up the other dogs *'s, not hard enough to inflict any pain or cause any damage but enough to keep them at bay.
Then at least if they have a go at your leg youve got grounds for a dog attack!.
My marley usualy has a jack russel that like to have a go at him but i pull marley behind me and just stand between him and the jack russel with a size 10 boot ready to protect him.
Im not in the business of animal cruelty or causing any harm to animals but will stand my ground when faced with a possible dog fight where its quite obvious marley would cause more damage.
Ive kept him away from other aggressive dogs so far and i think it makes for a better dog being kept away from situations where there might be a scrap as he doesnt no how to fight and to be honest its made him a right big softy imho.
MarleyAndMe
MarleyAndMe
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Fri Sep 09 2011, 22:49

xXxshelly_stanliexXx wrote:
I dont know if someone said it on here or another forum they used a stick to wave at the dog sthat where going for hers and it scared them off.

don't know if that's what you mean, but I described a situation we had some time ago when some stupid jack russel went for Mambo (what was he thinking?!) ours was on the lead but he grabbed the little creature anyway, luckily my dad was near with the stick (he used it minutes before to play with Mambo) so he pushed the stupid little dog away once Mambo let go of it...

unfortunately, you don't usually carry a stick around with you Sad
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Who do I report it to? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down