I'm fuming!!!

Go down

I'm fuming!!! Empty I'm fuming!!!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 17:46

My own mother!
I was telling her about what happened down the line/trip (about the woman who shared her thoughts) and she basically said the woman was right...she heard something on the radio about a pitbull close by attacking a 5 year old. I tried telling her this is the media i bet it wasn't even a pitbull or even close to a pitbull but another mix of dog people wouldn't like to think bad off. I told her i suggest you change your opinion or atleast do some research or you'll never see the dogs again!
She wasn't happy but neither was I, I'm sick of defending my dogs/these dogs all the time but that doesn't mean i'll stop.

Back to top Go down

I'm fuming!!! Empty Re: I'm fuming!!!

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 19:47

I no the feeling me and the 'mother' don't speak, and she was exactly the same when we got Harvey, she basically believes anything she sees on telly Rolling Eyes Then again we never were 'best friends'!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Sep 05 2011, 21:00

I too know the feeling, my mother is the exact same. She thinks we are asking for trouble getting a staffie when we have two small children in the house. I showed her the picture of my 2 year old and Tinkerbell in the bed together but she just smiled politely, so I have given up on her now. It's not like we see her much anyway so she won't ever meet Tinkerbell.

I heard the news of a dog attack too, I thought yesterday they had said it was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Is that the one that attacked a little boy in his garden?
Scubasteve
Scubasteve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 21:08

Scubasteve wrote:I too know the feeling, my mother is the exact same. She thinks we are asking for trouble getting a staffie when we have two small children in the house. I showed her the picture of my 2 year old and Tinkerbell in the bed together but she just smiled politely, so I have given up on her now. It's not like we see her much anyway so she won't ever meet Tinkerbell.

I heard the news of a dog attack too, I thought yesterday they had said it was a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Is that the one that attacked a little boy in his garden?

That must be the one she is refering too, though she was told/heard it was pitbull type.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 21:48

My mum was the same when my son was born. Her first question when I told her I was pregnant was "What're you going to do with the dog?"

Um, hello, the dog was here first - the baby'll have to fit round the dog! Seriously, I told her Bandit would be good, and he was (both my kids learned to stand by grabbing his scruff, and he never so much as growled), but she was never happy about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Mon Sep 05 2011, 22:04

MissRogue wrote:
Scubasteve wrote:I too know the feeling, my mother is the exact same. She thinks we are asking for trouble getting a staffie when we have two small children in the house. I showed her the picture of my 2 year old and Tinkerbell in the bed together but she just smiled politely, so I have given up on her now. It's not like we see her much anyway so she won't ever meet Tinkerbell.

That must be the one she is refering too, though she was told/heard it was pitbull type.

I heard that on the news last night, or the night before, and they had said that the dog had been put down and was thought to be a Rhodesian Ridgeback. That was on the ITV news, if she is anything like my mother she would have changed the story to emphasise her point that Staffies and kids don't mix well!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 22:08

my son took lemmy out for a walk one day and a bloke kicked him. wont go into it all again but when i mentioned this to my mum infront of my brother his exact words were. well he's a staff isnt he i'dve kicked it as well. meedless to say he doesnt come near my house. pitbulls staffies rotties and a few others all have bad names because of the ones that have turned. not all dogs are the same but they are all tarred with the same brush. its a fact and we mustnt feel we need to justify our dogs existance to anyone cos i wont if you dont like him dont come near him but kick him again and i will kill that person. the human race is horrible

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 22:13

I think I've always got on better with dogs than humans - dogs are far less complicated and far more honest!

Yesterday a lady was stroking Dempsey & saying how sweet he is (?) and then asked if he was a crossbreed (I forgave that - just), so I said "No, he's a Bull Terrier".

She yanked her hand away so fast that it made Dempsey jump! "Oh, oh, oh! He's one of those dangerous staffy-pit-bulls!" And she ran away!

Idiot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05 2011, 23:08

Thats the thing my mum has had Rotties/staff crosses/dobermons but since she hasn't had a dog in good few years, she was turned so quickly....she knows my lot from puppies, she is always the one bit**ing at me to leave my lot of leash around others, what'll happen she says, I told her i wont take the risk and its the same old story oh your overexagerating, leave them alone and now all of a sudden all "these" dogs should be muzzled no matter what their temperment "just incase"
she really hurt me and she knows it, she knows what i am like with animals, I told her if she brings it up again she wont see me or the dogs ever again, why would i want to be around that kind of bad atmosphere and have my dogs around it...it wont happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Tue Sep 06 2011, 08:50

My mam has a border collie, and he is horrid. Yes he is ok with other dogs and she has no worries over walking him off leash, and he does look cute. But I wouldn't trust him ever with my children. He is two years old now and he has on one occassion bitten my mother, not sure why or anything, but she was devastated. She told me the other day she thinks it was because she pushed him when he was tired, that's not a good enough excuse in my eyes.

Her dog bowls my kids over when they go down to their house, he jumps on everybody and he is twice as tall as my 2 year old but still jumps up on him. He jumped on me when we were down there on saturday, and started biting the sleeve of my top. He hasn't calmed down at all and I wouldn't trust him ever.

Yet Tinkerbell, despite being one of those horrid staffie dogs Tongues allows my children to do anything to her. We do stop the kids but the youngest still opens her mouth to see her teeth, kisses her face, sits on her and sings horsey and she takes it all. Although they are never left unattended together, I do still trust her more than any other dog I have come across with the children!

My family is all due up in a couple of weeks for my daughters 4th birthday and no doubt will go nowhere near Tinkerbell. One sister in particular will no doubt not allow her children through into the kitchen to the bathroom because there is a "nasty" dog in there!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06 2011, 23:07

Cant stand it people who listen to all the media hype.

My mum was a little anti when i said about getting a staff but as soon as i got stan she fell in love, classes him as her grandson as she does hooch and my brothers staffy frankie. and if anyone says anything wrong about staffys shes the first too correct them before i can.

I think im pretty lucky my family all love stanlie and hooch.

Theres stan and hooch, then my bros staffy and my ohs brother has a staffy too were all staffy lovers so i really do consider myself lucky.

Whenever i speak about staffys too people i try too educate and if they are having none of it neither do i and i dont bother talking to them unless i have too lol.

Its a shame when " the nearest and dearest" are so filled with media hype and cant listen even thou they only have too see your well raised dogs too see the true nature of the breed.

Michelle x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down