When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt.............

+6
emily
Tys mummy
linzy
Msigler
Louise C
janey
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt............. Empty When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt.............

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 10:27

Just thought i'd start a topic for us all to add to. It should make for an interesting read. Whether it's something cute, scary, deep and meaningful, funny, etc.....

so, just finish this sentence:

When it comes to dogs, I have learnt..............

I have learnt that no matter how hard I try, I just can't teach RoXy to wipe her feet when coming inside from the garden.

Back to top Go down

When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt............. Empty Re: When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt.............

Post by janey Tue Aug 30 2011, 10:33

Great topic Lisa Big Grin

That she is the most loyal and faithfull friend ever to walk this planet.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt............. Empty Re: When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt.............

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 11:10

..........Unconditional love. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 12:12

..... patience is a must

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Tue Aug 30 2011, 12:37

........a reason to get out of bed when I would usually stay there all day (SAD)
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 14:28

....................my dog does not judge me, but accepts me for being me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 14:49

...................that black dog hair carpet and brown mud coloured kitchen floors are actually quite "in" amongst other dog owners that is! haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 14:55

blaze wrote:...................that black dog hair carpet and brown mud coloured kitchen floors are actually quite "in" amongst other dog owners that is! haha

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 16:18

their hearts are as big as they are. Love Struck But then again so are their appetites Laughing

On a more serious note........ they forgive so much more readily than humans do >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 16:50

no matter what I look like..what mood I am in....how much money I have ( or don't have!! Laughing ) my dogs are always so happy to see me and shower me with love, as if I was the only person on earth !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 19:03

....they are so forgiving, loving and loyal Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 30 2011, 20:51

..... You can't judge a book by its cover... or a dog by the media's depiction of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Msigler Tue Aug 30 2011, 22:38

.....that you get out, what you put in. Love in, love out.

Msigler
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 00:59

...........it's best NOT to leave your shoes laying around when you take them off Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 01:09

.....................that I have a lot more patience than I thought I did Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 01:41

..... that kisses and thus dog breath are a fact of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by linzy Wed Aug 31 2011, 01:59

...that no high up, safe place is high enough or safe enough to keep your things when you have a little dog/Olympic gymnast who likes to eat anything Viv Westwood Sad
linzy
linzy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Violet
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 02:03

....that no matter if your world is falling down around your ears, one look at those adorable eyes and that wagging tail is enough to give you the strength to believe things will get better. day dreaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 02:05

.......if there's something dead or decaying nearby, they'll find it and inevitably roll in it. sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 07:59

... that i like them way more than I like most people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 08:34

they sometimes smell bad from their rear end

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 08:58

lynne wrote:they sometimes smell bad from their rear end

Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 09:24

..... that no matter how many times she fails at it Suki still thinks she can make water magically appear in her bowl by digging ...... she may be right though since I get up to fill it every time Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:14

I actually prefere Tys company than my OHs some times

And Ty makes me happy even on sad days just by looking at his cute puppy dog face makes me grin ear to ear.

Great topic I like Cats post.
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:23

..... no matter how much we train her she is still sure to act up if we have company over

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:25

the more I see of people.. the more I love my dogs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:33

vanessa wrote:

Same with me !!

And also that some of their appetites makes them want to eat more than I could eat in a year *Cough, Gus* Laughing
....But they always put a smile on your face no matter what Love Struck

Last edited by emily on Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:34; edited 1 time in total
emily
emily
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
When it comes to "dogs" I have learnt............. Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gus & Maybel (Kelly RIP)
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:33

vanessa wrote:

I hope that does'nt refer to ALL people Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:42

Loopy wrote:
vanessa wrote:

EXCEPT LISA AND LEE !!!!! XXXXXXXXX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 13:43

vanessa wrote:
Loopy wrote:
vanessa wrote:

EXCEPT LISA AND LEE !!!!! XXXXXXXXX

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 15:00

...you can actually teach an old dog a new trick. thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 15:27

Okay Lee... what has that precious Kita just learnt?! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 15:33

That a dog is for life, not just for christmas (Charlie was my christmas present from my dad)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 15:37

to break into the pantry, knock the lid off the treats and help herself.
I didn't teach her, the only sense not affected by age led her right to it, the rest was born out of sheer determination (stubborn old girl) Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31 2011, 15:50

Dogalogs88 wrote:to break into the pantry, knock the lid off the treats and help herself.
I didn't teach her, the only sense not affected by age led her right to it, the rest was born out of sheer determination (stubborn old girl) Laughing

aww God love her!! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02 2011, 11:38

I will always end up the handler of a food motivated dog Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 13:58

Love this post so I'll try to breath life back into it Laughing

They may not talk back to you but they will always be there to listen and provide comfort.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tys mummy Wed Sep 07 2011, 14:02

They dont need hands to give you big cuddles and loves.

If I shout he cant walk out and leave me we have to sort our differences out like adults lol
Tys mummy
Tys mummy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ty
Dog(s) Ages : 3 Years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07 2011, 14:06

If you chose to sit on the floor than their rules are in affect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 01:20

jstaff wrote:If you chose to sit on the floor than their rules are in affect

Hahahahaha........... very true Jstaff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 01:25

.... that they give way more love than you could ever hope for so they should recieve the same in return

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:23

.........their heads are really hard, and hurt when they make sudden and forceful contact with areas such as your nose feeling beat up

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Sep 08 2011, 17:33

Loopy wrote:.........their heads are really hard, and hurt when they make sudden and forceful contact with areas such as your nose feeling beat up

Laughing as I have learnt many times, especially 2 mins ago looking for the tv remote, ouch!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Thu Sep 08 2011, 21:46

.....not to expect my seat to remain empty if I leave it for more than a second!

......that not everyone will love Tinkerbell as much as we do because she is a staff, yet she will love everyone she meets regardless, dogs are non-judgmental!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 09 2011, 15:34

.....that a freshly made bed is the best thing for jumping on hee hee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 14:11

.... that nothing is ever truly out of reach for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 13:00

...... NO matter how many times you fill in "their" hole, they will dig it straight back up again.( One of these days somebody will twist their ankle in it )

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 13:13

that even with eyes in my backside they will still find a way to get up to mischeif

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 14:39

When it comes to dogs i have learnt it's the little things that make a difference. Lexi doesn't like big expensive fancy dog toys her favorite toy is a tray she stole from the greenhouse!

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Fri Oct 28 2011, 20:28

....to never open my mouth and say "Tinkerbell is good she never chews anything" because the afternoon I said that she made it snow in the kitchen by ripping her pillow apart! Laughing
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next