+3
johneva
janey
Steve
7 posters

Go down

billy looks awful Empty billy looks awful

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 13:09

we just got back from holiday, and my eldest son picked billy up form the dogsitter on sat.

well what a shock when we saw him, he has lost loads of weight, he has 3 scars on his head and ears and he is covered in what looks like a rash also he has a patch of hair where it is going bald. I rang the guy up who looked after him and he said that he ate all his meals, but because there were 3 dogs in total they did not stop playing which is why he has lost weight and has the scars. Any advise on the rash and the hair loss, I thought we would wait a day or to before going to the vets to see if it will clear up.

Billy cant talk so I hope that it is true. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

billy looks awful Empty Re: billy looks awful

Post by Steve Mon Aug 22 2011, 13:11

Sad poor billy

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 13:13

Poor Billy I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 22 2011, 13:20

A colleuge has just gone through the same thing, picked up her Smurf yesterday from a boarding kennels and she didn't even recognise it was the same dog. Poor Billy, I would have hoped that he will thrive now he is home with you but I would be so angry at the sitters, I'd stop the payment if I where you. x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 13:41

Were they friends or people that you knew who looked after him, or was it kennels ???

Hopefully it was just a lot more playing and ruff-n-tuff like they say. Now he's home hopefully he will gain the weight back and his bald patch will clear up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 14:33

He was a friend (not close but knew him from walking billy) he was also recommended by a friend who has known him for over 20 years.

Hopefully soon he will be back to normal, yesterday was the first day and he was a bit quiet but as the day went on he was back to his normal self except sat and sun night he has pooed during the night, he does get a quick walk just before bed, hopefully they were just one offs.

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Mon Aug 22 2011, 14:45

lynne wrote:He was a friend (not close but knew him from walking billy) he was also recommended by a friend who has known him for over 20 years.

Hopefully soon he will be back to normal, yesterday was the first day and he was a bit quiet but as the day went on he was back to his normal self except sat and sun night he has pooed during the night, he does get a quick walk just before bed, hopefully they were just one offs.

Big Grin

Hmm that still sounds a bit naughty on the dog sitters part, you left him in his care expecting him to be looked after well. If the 3 dogs were playing a bit rough and getting out of hand then he should have done something about it before it got that bad. What did he do leave the 3 dogs to it for the whole week???

Yeah I would be very unhappy if I was you and exactly why I would not want to entrust anybody to look after my dogs, what they call looking after something may vary greatly from what I call looking after something.

No excuse, if he could tell that he was getting more exercise than normall just simpley feed a little more instead of letting him lose loads of weight. If he could see the dogs were at it nonstop and needed a break from each other or a little calming down then thats what he should have done.

Last edited by johneva on Mon Aug 22 2011, 15:48; edited 1 time in total
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 15:19

awww Sad poor billy!! .. I'l only ever leave mine with family, i dont trust anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 17:06

Poor billy!!

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Mon Aug 22 2011, 17:17

hope billy recovers quick,sure he will...

is a tricky one when you go away and cant take dog with you...

i normaly get my bro to come and stay at mines and get my mum and the wifes mum to pop in just to let them in the garden..and leave all the walking and that to my bro... i do give him a few pounds for doing it and he gets to have a house to him self for 2weeks......

cos im not sure i could trust any one els to look after my 2....
but thats not to say when i get back i dont find things that i think are not right.... think its just a owner dog thing for most of us....
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 18:47

poor billy. hope he and you are feeling better. am so glad i have a tried and tested kennels that i know will look after my woody

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 19:35

Kennels for us next time as well as we have got no family nearby
Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 19:37

ive never had an issue with kennels lynne, i know they are safe and in the hands of proffessionals, may bean idea to put billy in for a night then a weekend whilst you are home just so you ae both used to it and happy - woody loves ours!

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Tue Aug 23 2011, 11:51

Take him to the vets , Take pictures of all the evidence with a quality camera , Or you phone If Its at least 5 mega picels , And prosecute him , Because that sounds tome like aninmal cruelty , I dont know how long you was away , But you dog cant loose weight that quickly , And scars and loosing hair, Smells neglect and not properly fed or looked after! And oviosuly ask for the vets opnion what he thinks , And MAKE him pay for all the vet bills , Else take him to court , I would take him to court anyway and get police involved , This guy should NEVER be allowed to dog sit AGAIN! People like this make me SICK!
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Aug 23 2011, 13:20

madeira264527 wrote:Take him to the vets , Take pictures of all the evidence with a quality camera , Or you phone If Its at least 5 mega picels , And prosecute him , Because that sounds tome like aninmal cruelty , I dont know how long you was away , But you dog cant loose weight that quickly , And scars and loosing hair, Smells neglect and not properly fed or looked after! And oviosuly ask for the vets opnion what he thinks , And MAKE him pay for all the vet bills , Else take him to court , I would take him to court anyway and get police involved , This guy should NEVER be allowed to dog sit AGAIN! People like this make me SICK!

but how do you know that hes not telling the truth? You havnt got any proof and all you will be left with are hefty bills unless you can get some. Dogs can lose weight very quickly, I used to work in a kennels and when dogs are pining for their owners they drop weight rapidly (sometimes more than 1kg a week).
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23 2011, 14:52

Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Aug 23 2011, 23:54

Dogs can loose weight weight very quick lynne im sure he will regain it soon. I think that cause they have been at it for three weeks hes got his knocks from that and can you just imagine trying to stop them bet its been a nightmare for the sitter and I bet billy really had the time of his life, come on now hes a stafford its like the kids on there first holiday without the parents Big Grin
The trouble with kennels is its outdoor and a dog that is housed will loose weight kept outside and its not nice if they are not used to it.
Im a great beleiver of preventing illnesses and I would of cleaned his ears and put a little canural and oil in, bathed him in a shampoo with coal tar or oilatum and definatly put him a pipet of advocate for fleas and mites to protect him whilst hes around other dogs. And when you holiday again try a little extra food. When I go on holiday they both stress and usually get a skin infection I swear by maleseb antibacterial wash.
Hes your baby but im sure nothing was meant by this fellow and billy is home safe now dont use him again only you can make that decision Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24 2011, 08:29

thank you gem, i thought it was just a bit of rough play. Going off to google maleseb antibacterial wash and order some.

we took him to the vets yesterday and he is on antibiotics, so hopefully his rash will clear soon.

its a shame dogs dont talk so they can tell you

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down