Feel awful

3 posters

Go down

Feel awful Empty Feel awful

Post by Lizzie Wed Oct 26 2011, 17:56

I have a freezer in my garage and last night I went out there to get some food in for today then came back and put some ironing away in the bedroom when the phone rang and I had a long chat with a friend offering sympathy to her because she is going in to hospital. All this time I though Harry was sleeping on the sofa but when I went back in the living room he was nowhere to be found.

Poor little boy had followed me in the garage and I hadn't noticed him and closed the electric door, he had been out there in the dark and cold for over an hour. I felt dreadful, when I opened the door he just shot out then he cuddled up to me on the sofa all evening and kissing me every few minutes. I'm sure he thought he'd been put out there because he had done something wrong (as if).

Did I feel awful!

Lizzie
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harry
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 98

Back to top Go down

Feel awful Empty Re: Feel awful

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 18:07

oh poor thing!!!bad mummy!!! sorry shouldnt chuckle!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Oct 26 2011, 18:25

You cruel Mum!! Poor Harry!

If it makes you feel any better when I had Scrumps I went down to the shops to get a bottle of wine, I was going to be in and out so took her with and tied her out side. The shops about a 5min walk away.

Anyhoos needless to say I got back home, erm, without a dog! I legged it back down cause I'd left her outside the shop. Who knows what could have happened, I dread to think!

So don't kick yourself, happens to us all! Well happens to me anyway Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 18:52

bad mummy Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 21:47

I surprised he didn't bark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26 2011, 21:54

Poor, poor boy! Just got off the phone to the RSPCA who say they'll be round to see you sometime over the next 10 years as soon as they have nothing better to do!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 07:15

oooh dear that has happened to me too, we could hear this barking and couldnt tell where it was coming from, looked all over the house and found our dog Charlie locked in the laundry, no one knew how long he'd been in there.

Janey! at the shops! Scrumps must have been freaking out! they get so worried when they think you've left them

Back to top Go down

Post by spuker1 Thu Oct 27 2011, 13:10

my dad did the same thing with my mom's yorkishire terrier... but the dog stayed in the garage all night! the dog was fine, but my mom wasn't when she found out! Big Grin
spuker1
spuker1
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Feel awful Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mambo
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2

http://tsphotography.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27 2011, 13:15

when we got our last pup a GSD when he was 5.5 weeks. i was in the recliner chair all reclined and comfy watching tv when there was a nock at the door. i got up to see who it was dealt with it then came back in. went to the kitchen and thought wheres the dog. yeh you guessed it. i finaly found him after following the wimpers LOL poor pup. he never learnt though he was always going under the chair till he got too big

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 01:16

oooh!! I always used to worry about pets getting stuck under the recliner! aha never heard of it actually happening! poor thing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 01:27

Awwww, poor Harry.

I'm sure he'll forgive you Wink but does'nt stop us from feeling bad. If he's smart he'll "milk it" for all it's worth Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 08:50

Lol im sure he had a blastt noseying about and looking for mice! Probably thought "Yes! Mums not here to scold me!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28 2011, 08:51

russdogmum wrote:oooh!! I always used to worry about pets getting stuck under the recliner! aha never heard of it actually happening! poor thing!
My cat did once! But it was his own stupid fault, his favorite game was to sit under the foot bit and sttack my dads feet constantly so one day it stopped and dad thought the cat was gone but it was still there. Took ages to figure out where the meowing was coming from - was about to cut the back of the sofa open!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down