Rip off vets!

5 posters

Go down

Rip off vets! Empty Rip off vets!

Post by madeira264527 Mon Aug 22 2011, 00:28

Is It me or are the vets In this country a complete rip off ?! Yes we know they do a amazing job , And you cant put a price on your pets health , And does anyone know If the vets are regulated by like local council to see whether prices and services they charge are justfied, Because I have delt with vets on many occasions, And there prices are crazy , In my local area Leicestershire, In our local town vets, They charge £25 just to see you , And they charge £18 on 2nd visit , When our older dog needed a follow up for when he bashed hes leg , Makes me think alot of the vets, Started being vets for the money nothing else , But I think they need to get realistic with there prices , Sounds to me they all want to earn to much money , I agree they have gone unversity spent all these years studying , And they will always charge a premium price for there services, But dont agree how they should charge for consulation fees, And If they do not so much , They think were all made out of money, Thats why we see so many animals In mistreated and not taken vets, Because people cant afford It, Even with help like the PDSA etc , Not saying Its right with these sick people letting there pets get to that stage, Think vets overall need more regulating by the goverment , To charge fair honest prices , And not always trying rip us animal lovers off all the time, Everytime I have rang my local vets for advice , And asked can I put this on this cut, They tell no I wouldnt recommend doing that could get Infected etc , Bring him In so we can look at him , Always looking to cash In on something not helping, Thats experiences I have had with my local vets, They do a fantastic job, But there prices sky high , VETS ARE A COMPLETE RIP OFF IN THIS COUNTRY!
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Rip off vets! Empty Re: Rip off vets!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 00:34

Some are pretty decent in price .. i know i have a couple of local ones that are pretty good with prices .. and they will always do a follow up examination and after care for free etc.
You are right tho' there is no price on your pet's health .. this is why pet insurance is so important.

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Mon Aug 22 2011, 00:55

Our vets charge for follow ups, They charge abit less, But they still charge, Which I think Is unfair! Because they have already made there money In the medicine and the first consulation!
madeira264527
madeira264527

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 01:18

do they really :S .. the vets my previous staffy diesel was first at charged for after care and follow up's too .. we moved him to another one tho' as they cornered him in a room to microchip him!, they also got a friends dog's medication wrong and nearly killed him!! .. couldn't of got him out there fast enough!
i suppose it depends on the popularity of the vet .. the more customer's they get i spose the more they bump prices up because they're obv doing a good job .. but the less the more deals they have on because they want to promote a good vets, my vets is brilliant i have no complaints!, but it is a relatively new one in between others that are no more than 15-20mins apart so the older ones obv have more customers, so they have more offers and slightly cheaper on price etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Mon Aug 22 2011, 06:38

They need to get there act together prices they charge In my town are crazy, Vets are over paid If you ask me, Compare there wages to a soldier fighting In Iraq risking hes life!
madeira264527
madeira264527

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhysaquilina10 Mon Aug 22 2011, 07:07

my vet in melbourne, australia offers free pet checks, and dont charge you unless you byu something for e.g worming tablets

Rhysaquilina10
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:29

Mines not too bad, but I always see a nurse first who then, if needs be refers me to the vet. When she damaged her paw last year it was bandaged about 5 times and they gave me all the dressing to redo it at home and they charged me nothing Smile and all her after care is free after the initial consultation. I agree they should be more regulated but hay there like dentists and have you over a barrel!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Aug 22 2011, 09:54

A freind of mine is a vet she studied a lot of years and had very high fees to repay.
She got work at a large vet hospital and did about 5-6 years there but hated the way she worked and as soon as she could emergrated were she loves it.
She was told by the owners of the hospital to ask first if the pet was insured and if so then even if a diognosis is done there and then she had to refare to scans, x rays, blood tests ect that were not even done just to bump up the bill.
I think thats disgusting myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!
When my girl was neutered and I got the bill I was charged for removal of stitches and she had disolvable ones even the cone that was never there couldnt beleive it Surprised
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Mon Aug 22 2011, 10:35

My experiance of our vets have been brilliant, both dogs are on a health plan they offer, £180 a year each and everything is then covered except emergancy call outs.

So first year where Molly had microchip, vaccinations, spayed and many visits about skin and eyes. All only cost £180.

Also we decided to not bother renewing it for the cats after the first year as they dont need much normally, first year was good due to vaccinations spyed, microchip.

But typicle just after the cover ran out and we did not renew it one of the cats ripped open, nearly off 2 of her pads on her feet. Emergancy callout for the vet, stopping in the night and surgery the next day all only cost £185, that also included the anti boitics for the following few days/week and also a return visit for checkup and redressing on the foot.

So we have had a very good experiance at our vets.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by madeira264527 Tue Aug 23 2011, 11:38

I know vets will always charge premium prices for there services , Like they will charge for medication operations , But charging £18 for a follow up consulation for my older dog, When he bashed hes right leg somewhere, Is stupit! , The consulation fees came up to £77 , Thats twice to have jabs on hes paw , And give him medication, Im all for paying at least first consulation fee , But paying for 2nd , And follow up , Is stupit, When there the ones who said come In , We said we have given him hes medication , He looks fine , We even felt hes paw pressed against It , To see If he was still In pain , He wasnt we rang vets to see If was worth coming In , They said I would Just to make sure, Then charge me £18 , Bludy stupit , Anything to up seel and bump there prices! And this Is when the programme on hes medicaton had finished , They get us to come In 1 last time to charge us again , The total cost wast £155 for 2 jabs and 2 lots of tablets they give us , Which only lasted 7 day programme , But thing that annoys my the most was £77 JUST on consulation fees!
madeira264527
madeira264527

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content