does anybody elses do this

Go down

does anybody elses do this Empty does anybody elses do this

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20 2011, 08:42

I have noticed with vinnie (after a mistake made by my sister this morning) .. She put skyes food down first and then went and got vinnies, now vinnie won't eat his but would eat what's left of skye's when she finished.
Could he be leaving his cuz he thinks skye's got diff OR because his dominant and should have his first.
When I feed him he has his down first

Back to top Go down

does anybody elses do this Empty Re: does anybody elses do this

Post by madeira264527 Mon Aug 22 2011, 00:49

I always feed the older dog first, And let the older dog out the dog first, So the puppy gets use to seeing the older dog, Like higher In the pack, After all the older dog was In the pack (family) Before the puppy .
madeira264527
madeira264527
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Keisha
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22 2011, 01:23

Totally disagree you should feed the calmest dog first, this way calmness around food and other areas, aka treats,toys gets learnt.
All animals in a household should be equals other wise you'll have them challenging each other which is only natural behaviour, all dogs want to step up at some point.They learn that challenging another dog/animal is useless because their not going to move further up the pecking order
because their all equals.
I can sit down the allotments with the dogs and chickens standing around me waiting their turn for some cabbage, I can hand a piece to chickens and the dogs will not challenge this and try to get to it first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down