blondy

Go down

blondy Empty blondy

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:30

For a couple of weeks now i'v realise i have a real issue with Blondy and her intimidating people.
She is always alert we could be sitting down on the bench noone is around at all she will constantly growl and cough/bark.
when people and dogs are coming she charges them, all hackles up barking and growling once she is close she will stop and be excited either play with the dogs or want attention off the people.
If they ignore her she comes behind them and keep nudging they back of their knee's with her nose almost like herding, she does this with everyone even me, she will just randomly do it.
She is scaring people on our walks one woman hid behind her daughter! I said she is just a pup and wont do any harm I swear i wouldn't let her i said.
I think its very dominant behaviour and I can not seem to nib it in the butt...Any advice would be great.
She is worse than Taz now he's doing amazing and I'm really proud of him.

Back to top Go down

blondy Empty Re: blondy

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:33

I don't have any really good advice I'm afraid. The only thing I can suggest is trying to talk to people beforehand to let them know what to expect and avioding people who aren't dog friendly. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:36

I tell them in advice ignore her she is just extremely vocal and wont hurt you.
I got to try and find a way to stop it.
she has always been ear alert the slightest sound. Its like she doesn't know what they are until she is within a close distance then it turns into a play fest.
but it could also be a mock charge which can lead to a number of issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:40

When we first got Suki she was extremely aggressive when she would hear a dog bark. We would play some videos of dogs barking on the computer and practice getting her to remain calm. It took awhile but it worked. Don't know if this will help but thought it was worth mentioning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14 2011, 12:47

She doesn't have a problem with the hearing of people or dogs its as soon as she see's them she reacts but once close to them she's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down