New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross???

+12
alexiastra
Scubasteve
shakespearesdog
Summerisle
Steve
youngkaiser
Busters mummy x
johneva
laura-saff
Louise C
janey
angeloreyes27
16 posters

Go down

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Empty New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross???

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Aug 03 2011, 09:27

Hi guys lets see if you can help me out.....

I have a new 2 month old pup, amazing dog! love him to bits,

the thing is were not sure what cross breed he is as the father was a full english and the mother were not so sure.

Here are the parents.... dad on left mum on right

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Taruyxina21

And here is Dexter our pup! Big Grin

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? P7301302SMALL3

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? P7301302SMALL2

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? P7301302SMALL1

Anyone have any ideas on what the mother could be??
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter, Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years, 9 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male/Female
Support total : 1

Back to top Go down

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Empty Re: New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross???

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 09:41

Hi & New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Empty Re: New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross???

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 09:43

Aww he is soooooooo cute

Back to top Go down

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Aug 03 2011, 09:44

any ideas on what the mum could be crossed with??
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 09:49

Not sure she seems to have a long nose but the rest of her looks staff i having another look now but I am sure other members will be able to help. Did the breeder not give you any more info ??

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Aug 03 2011, 10:19

Not a clue on the cross but very very cute pup! Welcome to the forum Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Aug 03 2011, 10:33

I agree thats the reason weve started to be curious........ as the weeks have been goign by we have realised that the head is smaller than a normal staff and the long nose......

Were are waiting for a reply from the breeder, as at the begining I did not question much as I thought to my self she was a female and thats why she had that small figure........

The dad was a english staff as I saw it up close....
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 10:38

Hi & welcome, hope you enjoy the forum.

What a lovley pup!

To be honest, I can't see anything other than staff in the mum. She may not be registered, but she looks all staff to me. Did the breeder tell you she was a cross?

Back to top Go down

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Aug 03 2011, 10:46

No the breeder didnt but we took him to the vet yesterday for his second vaccine and the vet said he was a staff but wasnt sure if he was a full staff
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 10:56

I don't know, I just had another look at Dexter & his mum & dad, and I still can't see anything but staff in any of them!

Whatever he is, though, he adorable! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Aug 03 2011, 11:25

thanks for your help..... it might not be a cross... thats just me... but i was wondering for the samen reason u pointed out about the nose.....

adorablke he is!!! Big Grin very happy with my little man!
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 11:30

Looks all Staffy to me. They all grow at different rates and with pups it's hard to tell. He is a handsome one though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 12:31

Some staffs have slightly longer muzzles than others, but they're no less staffords! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 13:37

I agree with caryll i can't see anything but staff in either parent Smile my lad has a slightly longer muzzle then alot have but he is still a full staff none the less

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 13:59

looks full staffy to me lol .. as said above muzzle sizes vary at times from short to longer .. dexter us adorable!! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Aug 03 2011, 14:05

Thanks all for your replies.... just wanted to confirm Smile

And thanks for all the comments on Dexter Smile He's growing pretty fast in just under a week he's gained 1.5kg Big Grin
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 14:19

The dad is gorgeous and the mo is adorable, Full Stafford or not he is going to be a really handsome pup!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 14:34

ridgeback x staffy i'd say
those paws are a dead give away that the mum is supposed to be much bigger if she wasn't taking on the size of the staffy in her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Wed Aug 03 2011, 14:45

Lovely pics Smile
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by laura-saff Wed Aug 03 2011, 14:51

Aww what a cutie, look at the size of those paws already! Mine has a longer muzzle and is also quite a small build as well. I wouldn't worry Smile
laura-saff
laura-saff
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : saffron (saffy)
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 15:17

Dexter is so gorgeous.
Welcome to the forum from me and my girls Kita & Izzy wave

Back to top Go down

Post by johneva Wed Aug 03 2011, 15:45

Hmm not sure but its not just the longer nose also the ears are not what you would call standard for a staff either.

But would not like to guess if its a cross or just an out of standard staff. An certainly would not like to guess what she is crossed wiv if she is.
johneva
johneva

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Molly, Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 : 1 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : Female, Male
Support total : 36

http://www.lease-hire.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03 2011, 16:21

the mother may have a bit ebt in her blood from genarations back just for the ears and nose ?????? but any who you got a lovelly little chap on your hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Busters mummy x Wed Aug 03 2011, 18:14

Mum,dad and dexter all look full staff to me xxx
Busters mummy x
Busters mummy x

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : buster
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Aug 03 2011, 20:36

The parents both look staffy to me too your pup is sooo cute makes me want another one staffs come in so many shapes and sizes these days its hard to tell now
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Aug 03 2011, 20:41

the red one does look like it as some bull terrier in it, but it would say in possible to say

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Aug 03 2011, 20:53

ps it's staffy not a english staffy <<-- there is a not a breed and it does confuse people

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerisle Thu Aug 04 2011, 23:09

What a great looking pup!
Summerisle
Summerisle
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Jimi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05 2011, 01:55

Steve wrote:ps it's staffy not a english staffy <<-- there is a not a breed and it does confuse people

Fun Fact: In the US "Staffy" or "Staffie" is also used for the American Staffordshire Terrier (though I always use AmStaff), so SBT people here often use the term "Stafford" to distinguish. I was even scolded by an SBT advocate for saying "Staffie" when referring to an SBT once!

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Fri Aug 05 2011, 22:02

Mum is an english bull terrier cross staffordshire bull terrier, no doubt at all in my mind; however i don't believe shes a half and half cross, rather a three parts staffies to one part bully mix. Its harder to tell for some people because they expect bullies and bully crosses to be white, thats the traditional image.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by angeloreyes27 Wed Sep 14 2011, 16:13

Recent pics of my boy Smile he is now 3 months and a half

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? 6134093282_d6b5d88bb7_z
Dexter by Angelo Reyes, on Flickr

New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? 6133541063_617e9f7668_z
Dexter by Angelo Reyes, on Flickr
angeloreyes27
angeloreyes27

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Scubasteve Wed Sep 14 2011, 17:06

Hasn't he grown into a lovely looking pup! Love Struck He does look more now like he has some English Bull Terrier in his blood somewhere. But it doesn't matter what he is as he loooks like one very cute puppy!
Scubasteve
Scubasteve

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tinkerbell
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by alexiastra Wed Sep 14 2011, 17:25

He has lovely eyes Smile very handsome!
alexiastra
alexiastra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New staffie :) can someone please help me identify the cross??? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Dora
Support total : 28

http://www.alexandrabuckle.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14 2011, 18:21

he is gorgeous! biig paws! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 14 2011, 18:23

Very very cute, hasn't he grown, and still so much more to do Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Sep 14 2011, 20:53

Awww hes lovely very handsome whatever he is Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by belluca Wed Sep 14 2011, 23:22

He is just BEAUTIFUL !!! Definitely think his mom is Staff x bull terrier !
belluca
belluca

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Tia Maria
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tufflot Thu Sep 15 2011, 11:35

I say shes got a bit of Stafford, Maybe a bit of Bull Terrier and perhaps a dash of sugar and spice and all things nice Smile It dosnt really matter, your puppy brings you joy, and thats all that matters! Love Struck
Tufflot
Tufflot
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daddy, Hefner, Ella, Lilly, Cookie and "yet 2b named"
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Sep 15 2011, 11:55

Aww hes just adorable, I would put money on the mother being 75% stafford and 25% bull terrier. I can see BT in her features, love the new pics hes just delicious and in lovely condition
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15 2011, 13:05

dexter is so cute

Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down