Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross

4 posters

Go down

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross Empty Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross

Post by baconbuttyman Tue Dec 27 2011, 19:27

Hello, am new to this site. will introduce myself properly on the relevent place Big Grin

Just befor Christmas Our Bitch (non staffie) came "on heat". she is fine, happy as usual, But our Dog, who is a staffie cross, has gone a little weird, Usually when she is on heat, he is a little grumpy and nervous by where if you say hello by stroking him he may have a grumble will be sent to his bed, we think it's the smell of the Bitch, so we leave him be and ignore the behaviour once in bed, BUT, this time, while he is the same grumpy begger, his hackles are coming up.
Outside of this "heat" time his hackles do come up when he feels threatened "not by us" but when he hears an odd noise etc, its his Mane area that comes up.
At the moment the hackles are patchy, almost looks like a rash although there is non visible, Also the hackles can appear in different formations.
The picture shows it when its really prominet, Any clues as to what is the cause, is this really down the the bitch being on heat.

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross DSC_0830

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross DSC_0831

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross DSC_0829

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross DSC_0821

baconbuttyman
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross Empty Re: Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27 2011, 19:32

I've seen nothing like that before best get it checked by a vet

have you introduced him to something different he may be allergic too, different food, bedding, soap powder ect

sorry cant be more help someone will know more for sure

Back to top Go down

Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross Empty Re: Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross

Post by janey Tue Dec 27 2011, 19:40

Hiya and welcome.

It does look like a reaction to something. You could try half a piriton and see if it goes down, if not I would go to the vets. I doubt very much its because of your bitch. Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 27 2011, 19:52

yea defo look like and reaction to something you may want to phone the vet if it get worse

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Tue Dec 27 2011, 20:14

My First dog used to get that it was an allergic reaction ,you should take him to a vet!
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Odd behaviour from My 5 yr old staffie cross Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by baconbuttyman Tue Dec 27 2011, 20:53

I think a vet is the safest option although there have been no changes in diet etc, the patterns change from moment to moment, i strongly believe it's a hackles issue and not allergic.

baconbuttyman

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Dec 27 2011, 21:03

that an reaction to something my dog had the same thing.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27 2011, 21:08

I have to agree with everyone else. That isn't hackles it is an allergic reaction to either food or something he got into outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 14:01

Hiand welcome

jstaff wrote:I have to agree with everyone else. That isn't hackles it is an allergic reaction to either food or something he got into outside

I tend to agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 19:46

OMG i agree i would go to the vet. and take the pictures with you cos knowing your luck it won't be prominent while he's there

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down