is my staffy to tall ??

3 posters

Go down

is my staffy to tall ?? Empty is my staffy to tall ??

Post by bigguns09 Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:24

hi guys need help,i got my staffy 5 months ago and done my homework on the breeder,,hes a pure blue and has 8 generations of history with both parents to be seen aswell..but hes got to 5 an half month and hes around 16 inches at the sholder,back of the neck,im happy with him but i dont want him to get any taller as he will look thinner and pitbull like which will devastate me..can someone give me some advise? thanks

bigguns09
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

is my staffy to tall ?? Empty Re: is my staffy to tall ??

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:27

best to post a picture so we can give the best advice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:30

Code:
Hi & is my staffy to tall ?? Welcome

Welcome to the staffodshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

is my staffy to tall ?? Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
is my staffy to tall ?? Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
is my staffy to tall ?? Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
is my staffy to tall ?? Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
is my staffy to tall ?? Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:31

hopefully these links will help you out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 12 2010, 22:36

He's still so very young! Although he'll almost certainly fill out as he gets older, he may not grow that much taller. He may reach, say 17 inches or so, but that doesn't mean the rest of him will be like a whippet! What do his parents look like? Are they terrier type or bully type? It's likely that he'll look like his dad.

Any pictures?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveb Wed Oct 13 2010, 10:44

No it doesn't mean he is too tall. Most staffies stop growing in height at around 10 to 12 months and imo nearer to 10 months is the norm. It's also worth remembering that his growth will not continue at the same rate. I agree with Caryll and think he is likely to rach 17 inches maybe a fraction more. He will look thinner for a while as the next 12 to 18 months will see him fill out. So for a while he'll be a gangly teenager. IMO a Staffie that is 17 to 18 inches is a perfectly acceptable height - I can't remeber but wasn't Ch. Gentleman Jim 18 inches.

It's sad that due to all confusion and hype around the bull breeds that an inch here and there make people worry - lets face it if we owned a labrador that was an inch (or two) too tall or short no one would care.

Steveb
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Oct 13 2010, 10:57

Steveb wrote:
It's sad that due to all confusion and hype around the bull breeds that an inch here and there make people worry - lets face it if we owned a labrador that was an inch (or two) too tall or short no one would care.

yea you are right

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13 2010, 11:03

I agree. With standard Bull Terriers there is no height restriction, just maximum substance for size. I think they should say the same for Staffords. It doesn't mean that breeders will go overboard & breed them too big, just that those which are slightly over the 'limit' are not overlooked & can contribute to the future of the breed.

I feel, personally, that staffs have gotten too short over the last few years. I know others will disagree, but we all have opinions! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13 2010, 11:11

memphis dad is 16.5 and his mam is 16 some may say this is large for a staffy but to back up what caryll said just look at the picts ov his dad that i have put on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 14 2010, 13:17

in size, the staffy dogs are larger than bitches, weighting between 28 to 38 pounds while females usually runs at about four pound less. the height for both dogs male and female is 14 to 16 inches, this height and weight being in relation to each other, a staffy should never appear to be overly fat nor painfully thin. failure to conform to these size designations is a fault.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down