What a naughty girl

Go down

What a naughty girl  Empty What a naughty girl

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 12:59

Came home from work this arvo and went outside to say "Hello" to Roxy ( it's school holidays, the kids are home and had taken her out for a walk and played with her ) She was happy to see me as usaul and quite excited. I glanced over and noticed she had been in the garden and ruined a couple of our Palms in the garden....one she has gnawed chunks out of the base and another she has almost completely destroyed. NOT HAPPY.

So.....

How would you suggest keeping her out of the garden so that she does not damage everything?
P.S- we do have a mesh barrier around the garden beds, but she jumps over them.

Anway, as I did'nt catch her in the act of destruction, I could'nt get too cross with her.....but even when I do catch her doing something wrong and tell her "NO" or growl an "Uhhhhhhh" at her she just wags her tail in excitement as she would if I was telling her it was time for a walk or dinner etc..... I just can't seem to get her to realise she's done wrong.
I have seen videos and pics of dogs looking VERY guilty and sorry when they have done wrong........

How would you suggest I deal with "little MISS Teenager" when she has done wrong????

Thanx in advance for advice / suggestions etc.....

Back to top Go down

What a naughty girl  Empty Re: What a naughty girl

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 13:12

sorry lisa i can't help as we have not got to that stage yet, but looking foward to all the answers for when we do

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 14:11

lynne wrote:sorry lisa i can't help as we have not got to that stage yet, but looking foward to all the answers for when we do

Smile

that's coz Billy's a good boy and Roxy is a little >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 14:14

must be the female hormones, there are a few girls about the same age all going through the same

Smile

roxy is Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 14:16

Lisa, when Jethro was younger he was a terror in our garden too. One time we had a banksia ready to flower and we were so excited..came home and it was uprooted and chewed in half!! Jethro just suddenly grew out of destroying the garden.. phew !! So hopefully Roxy will too !! Big Grin

ps are you SURE it was her ????? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 14:28

vanessa wrote:

Ummmmm, well i'm sure there has'nt been any recent sightings of GIANT termites with chain-saws, so I would pretty much say it was her rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 15:52

Loopy wrote:
vanessa wrote:

Ummmmm, well i'm sure there has'nt been any recent sightings of GIANT termites with chain-saws, so I would pretty much say it was her rolling on the floor

Laughing .... loving your new avatar with Roxy in her groovy purple harness !! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 16:17

Loopy wrote:
vanessa wrote:

rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 13 2011, 17:54

Laughing I don't have a garden, she just ruins everyone elses! Believe me I can tell Moo off and she will look as guilty as anything, for about 3 seconds and then she comes over 'ever so effectionate' as if to say sorry, and procede to carry on with exactly what I told her off for Surprised
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down